Would we have an advantage or a disadvantage in an apocalypse? We would have...

• an advantage

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • a disadvantage

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • neither of both

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Why are you planning something?

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
pros for advantage:
we don't fear death as much as other normies
we are used to pain
we don't cling to our lives desperately which can cause a lot of pain if you face the inevitable end (soon)
many with mental illness or other severe illnesses would not be ordered to go to war except if you are a psychopath in Russia then you can get a get out of the jail card if you are in prison for going to war in exchange

pro for disadvantage:
most of us are dependent on medication which would be pretty shortly missing. It already is under usual circumstances
many of us are dependent on the help of others like for example being on welfare. And society often try to save money by cutting spending on the poor people who already barely have anything. Blaming them etc.
If the world goes down because of facism we might end up in concentration camps. Fascists could gain power if the world goes down as a desperate attempt for easy solutions to unsolvable problems

I think we sort of have both. But overall I think I rather have disadvantage. I live in Germany my friends are scared to be forced to becoming soldiers in case Russia attacks. I doubt the German government would force people to become soldiers. There are too many pacifists for that. I am less scared about Russia because my life is already fucked. I have personal fear which are more likely to kill me. If I don't have my medication I am going literally insane. I had psychosis. So I am deciding for disadvantage. Vulnerable people get easily scapegoated in situations like that.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and LifeQuitter
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Personally, I think I'd have an advantage. I have SN stored, so I'd be out of here before anything truly horrific happens- zombies beating at the door or whatever.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, destinationlosangel, NoPoint2Life and 1 other person
canijo

canijo

Oct 29, 2023
I believe most of my problems are really just because how "modern" society works, so...... PLEASE MAKE THE APOCALYPSE HAPPEN

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and LifeQuitter
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
camping type people and past soldiers would have an advantage because they have the skills to survive in an apocalypse scenario but the suicidal would mostly be pushed over the edge in a ruthless environment like that. even if my survival instincts wouldn't allow me to commit suicide in a scenario like that, I would still die very quickly due to lack of appropriate skills.

Reactions: LifeQuitter and Praestat_Mori
N

NoPoint2Life

Why is this so hard?
Aug 31, 2024
camping type people and past soldiers would have an advantage because they have the skills to survive in an apocalypse scenario but the suicidal would mostly be pushed over the edge in a ruthless environment like that. even if my survival instincts wouldn't allow me to commit suicide in a scenario like that, I would still die very quickly due to lack of appropriate skills.
So very true, I would be screwed. Interesting question though. At this rate the world might not be far off

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
All I know is that if a very radical SHTF scenario were to happen, I would sit comfortably in an armchair and watch the world burn.

If the situation were to get really bad for me, I would just drink SN. Or find another method.

Honestly, why fight for survival in a shitty and uncomfortable world? I have become accustomed to modern comforts and I do not want to change that.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
An advantage- that'd be the last straw for many of us. Push us over the edge to finally be able to execute the method we've planned for so long. Normies would be stuck with a fully intact SI and have to spend the rest of their lives fighting against whatever apocalypse was overtaking the world.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori