• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Should prisoners be able to receive assisted suicide?

• Yes

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Depends on the crime

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Only if the death is unpleasant

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
broth0100

broth0100

i’m not in the tide i be under it, Jaws
Oct 23, 2023
Voted yes, but there is a very serious problem with this idea if it were implemented. (Especially in the US)
We can near guarantee that particular prisons would be filled with people that aren't cis-het white people and the conditions made as bad as possible to encourage those unfortunate enough to end up there to choose this option. There are already concerns with this with Canada's MAID program that keeps getting delayed. It's too easy for a broken system to push people to this for financial reasons instead of providing help to those a at low point that could recover with time and assistance. As someone severely neuro-divergent, this is of great concern.
That said, we firmly believe everyone over the age of 25 should have the right to die regardless of what they have done. 25 because the human brain finishes developing at that time so people are at their peak mentally by that point and should have a good idea of whether they wish to continue or not while being less impulsive than someone in their teens or even early 20's for instance.
Agree w this, i think ppl should have the right to die, but only in a world tht doesnt purposefully push groups of ppl tht it deems expendable into such poverty and misery tht death becomes their only option. until we live in a more reasonable world i feel any sort of policy like this would only serve eugenicist goals instead of making the world a better or more compassionate place or watever

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
B

Barkhan

Dec 20, 2023
I do not believe in free will, and therefore I believe that criminals were doomed to commit a crime. There is no point in causing them suffering simply for the sake of punishment, just as there is no point in beating a stone that has fallen on you. Well, maybe just for fun.
Yes, the fear of going to prison will deter other people from committing crimes, but in this regard, allowing suicide will not change anything. The vast majority of people do not want to die and the fear of going to prison will not reduce the possibility of committing suicide there.
From this point of view, I don't see anything against prisoners having the opportunity to commit suicide. What is the most important purpose of imprisonment? Eliminate a dangerous element from society. Suicide will deal with this even better.
Another thing is that ordinary people should also have this opportunity.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
No not in my opinion. Before they get assisted suicide many others should get it first, like mental health patients. It would be utterly wrong to start allowing prisoners to get it before people who never did much wrong.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's a very difficult but interesting question. I think maybe it does depend on the severity of the crime but even then, I find it hard to decide. I suppose I know what I wish for but I also know it's kind of wrong.

The UK serial killer Peter Sutcliffe clearly expressed a will to die and went on hunger strike etc. His crimes were utterly horrific though. There's a part of me that believes these sorts of people do deserve to suffer. For some- that actually means the death penalty rather than being forced to live but I can't say I agree with that either. Too risky really with our fallible justice system. But regardless- these people will likely never experience what they put their victims through. It seems like forced retribution is the least they should go through.

Some crimes are horrific. NSFW trigger warning: The killer Chris Watts murdered his pregnant wife, put her dead body in the footwell of the passenger seats of his truck, then put his two young children (still alive) on the seats above. Drove out to two massive oil tankers where he worked. Then, smothered each child and pushed them through tiny hatches in the tops of those oil tankers. One of his children cried out 'No Daddy' as he tried to kill her. He claims he's haunted every day by those words. Sorry but it serves him f*cking right! Why should 'we' spare him that and give him the rest that assisted suicide would bring?

It's hard not to feel disgusted and angered by these sorts of crimes. The honest truth is- I don't know what you do with these sorts of people. I don't agree with things like torture or capital punishment exacted by the state but, do I hope they feel fear in jail? Yes- I suppose I do. There's even a nasty part of me that probably thinks it's retribution if other prisoners beat them up. Maybe it's revenge and, maybe revenge isn't good but to do something so utterly horrific and get off lightly doesn't seem right either. I hate bullies. I think it's good for them to feel intimidated for once.

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Student
Feb 25, 2024
I totally agree with Barkhan. I view both a criminal and a victim as my reincarnations, so I don't want to torture anyone. At maximum I wish some people death.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
None of the poll options applies to my opinion :/ It depends on the person rly. For psychopaths and terrorists no, bc they deserve to suffer behind bars while still alive. If it's someone who is mentally fucked up and/or in a lot of mental or physical pain, then yes, absolutely! Doesn't matter what crimes they've committed, it all comes down to their reasoning for doing it, what they're going through and who they are as a person. Honestly it's a crime that "depends on the person" isn't an option here -_-

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Arcanist
Aug 28, 2021
In my opinion, prisoners should not be able to receive assisted suicide. It's not fair that prisoners would be able to, but the general population can't. Why should prisoners get special treatment? They broke the law, they're criminals. They shouldn't be allowed assisted suicide, and should instead be made to repent for their sins and reflect upon them. They should go on a reformation arc and do time instead of escaping their crimes. No offense, but prisoners who escape by suicide are weak imo.
Unlike other members of sociity prisoners are not even allowed to commit suicide. This should be possible for them.
By the way, I don't believe in a free will, so there are no sins.

B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
In a politics journal I read they have dedicated a very long article to assisted suicide for prisoners. I have not read it so far but in the conclusion they argued in favor of it due to the German highest court ruling.

I support that. I think prisonsers should be able to receive assisted suicide. I am not sure about exceptions. I think I would not make it dependent to a crime. Rather people during an acute psychosis should not be able to receive it. However I very well know myself (I had a psychosis) certain mental health conditions get abused in this instance and the people become labled as irrational for the rest of their life. Which is in my opinion complete and utter bullshit.

I am interested in the resutls. Not sure whether the last options is a good idea. I vote for yes.
No because the leap between letting prisoners choosing to and prisoners being forced to is very small. That said pedophiles should be a given an express ticket to old sparky after being castrated.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
ive always wanted to do a classic sneaky bank heist

nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
The criminal justice system is too abusive for this to be a fair decision for the inmate.