• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Should prisoners be able to receive assisted suicide?

• Yes

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Depends on the crime

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Only if the death is unpleasant

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
In a politics journal I read they have dedicated a very long article to assisted suicide for prisoners. I have not read it so far but in the conclusion they argued in favor of it due to the German highest court ruling.

I support that. I think prisonsers should be able to receive assisted suicide. I am not sure about exceptions. I think I would not make it dependent to a crime. Rather people during an acute psychosis should not be able to receive it. However I very well know myself (I had a psychosis) certain mental health conditions get abused in this instance and the people become labled as irrational for the rest of their life. Which is in my opinion complete and utter bullshit.

I am interested in the resutls. Not sure whether the last options is a good idea. I vote for yes.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
In my opinion, prisoners should not be able to receive assisted suicide. It's not fair that prisoners would be able to, but the general population can't. Why should prisoners get special treatment? They broke the law, they're criminals. They shouldn't be allowed assisted suicide, and should instead be made to repent for their sins and reflect upon them. They should go on a reformation arc and do time instead of escaping their crimes. No offense, but prisoners who escape by suicide are weak imo.

Last edited:
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
It's not fair that prisoners would be able to, but the general population can't. Why should prisoners get special treatment? They broke the law, they're criminals. They shouldn't be allowed assisted suicide and they should be made to repent for their sins. They should go on a reformation arc instead of escaping their crimes
I have assumed a world where also non-prisonser are able to receive assisted suicide. According to the highest German court ruling.

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I'm pro choice in death. the end. I'm operating off the assumption that this is in addition to the common person having access, and if not, I think that government should go all or nothing, don't make lives more or less "valuable" or else things spiral out of control really quickly.

there's a very long political conversation that could be had here in a similar vein of why the death penalty is bad and should be done away with, but this isn't the politics sub forum, and I'm much too tired to type all of that out (and also to argue with some of the people on here :\)

I say this as a victim too, multiple different major and minor victimizations. I think they should be allowed to kill themselves after some period of deliberation if they would genuinely like to die. my only qualm with this is that we should perhaps be more vigilant with prisoners, as they may just be falsely accused and have no hope of ever getting out, but again, that's a whole long discourse that is not suited for this sub forum. perhaps I'll talk more about the injustices of our justice system in there one day.

Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Yes prisoners along with everybody else should have the right to a peaceful death at the time and place of there choosing. The death penalty should be abolished because governments shouldn't be able to decide if you live or die. That should always be up to individuals and no one else. They shouldn't have the right to murder people legally.

Prisoners should have a waiting period of somewhere between 2-4 months so that they can be sure they want to die. Then if they still do they sign a simple form agreeing to the terms. They would then be given the choice between SN, Nitrogen, or N. This would be a much better system in my opinion.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
No. Because dying and being able to escape this miserable exisistence is a reward. People that intentfully cause irreparable harm to others should be forced to live and suffer.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
No. Because dying and being able to escape this miserable exisistence is a reward. People that intentfully cause irreparable harm to others should be forced to live and suffer.
The funny thing is that people think the opposite. They believe that dying is the ultimate bad and evil, and that it's the opposite of a reward. There's a push to abolish the death penalty because people think that it's unjust and that it's the ultimate punishment because you're taking their life away from them

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No. I oppose allowing them assisted suicide for the same reason why I oppose the death penalty. People say that the death penalty is bad for prisoners as it causes them so much more suffering but I actually think the opposite. I think that giving them death actually frees them from all future suffering and pain. I don't really see death as a bad thing as it causes somebody to not suffer ever again but I believe that criminals should suffer, hence they shouldn't be allowed assisted suicide

hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
I feel like it depends on the crime they committed, but ultimately, I would say no anyway. Why should criminals be able to receive assisted suicide but not innocent people who don't want to live? That wouldn't make any sense. Especially rapists and murderers. They can rot for all I care, because they deserve nothing better and should be grateful that their punishment isn't decided by people who want to make them pay for what they did.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
The funny thing is that people think the opposite. They believe that dying is the ultimate bad and evil, and that it's the opposite of a reward. There's a push to abolish the death penalty because people think that it's unjust and that it's the ultimate punishment because you're taking their life away from them
Exactly. Die and never have to suffer another day, or conscious decades rotting away in a prison cell, both physically and mentally. I think the latter is worse.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Exactly. Die and never have to suffer another day, or conscious decades rotting away in a prison cell, both physically and mentally. I think the latter is worse.
There was a prisoner who committed suicide by hanging in his 90s because everyone else was set free but he was still locked up

Last edited:
Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
Yes I think they should assuming the public also has access to assisted suicide.
I think everyone deserves compassion as well as the option to exit this existence whenever they choose to.

I don't really understand the view that they should suffer for as long as possible. It makes a person that holds this view seem like they just want to make others suffer which is no better than the perpetrators themselves in my opinion.
Also thinking from a more pragmatic point of view, a prisoner dying would free up resources.

hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
I think everyone deserves compassion as well as the option to exit this existence whenever they choose to
Oh yeah sure, the mexican cartel, Putin, and child rapists definitely deserve compassion.
I don't really understand the view that they should suffer for as long as possible
Same goes the other way around. Why should they deserve mercy or a easy way out after what they did? They're in prison for a reason. Rape, murder, etc, are serious crimes.
It makes a person that holds this view seem like they just want to make others suffer which is no better than the perpetrators themselves in my opinion
How is wanting rapists and murderers to suffer the same as rapists and murderers making their victims suffer? Did you rely just compare innocent people and children with criminals?

U

ultrasharpy123456

Mage
Aug 18, 2022
I don't see why not. I wouldn't wish anything like forcing to live upon anyone, even my worst enemies.

Reactions: Alex Fermentopathy
lostinwoe

lostinwoe

forever ennui
Mar 1, 2024
no especially if they did a crime like a mass shooting or rapists
allowing them to take the easy way out after killing/traumatizing innocent people would be horrible

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you.
Dec 14, 2023
Oh yeah sure, the mexican cartel, Putin, and child rapists definitely deserve compassion.

Same goes the other way around. Why should they deserve mercy or a easy way out after what they did? They're in prison for a reason. Rape, murder, etc, are serious crimes.

How is wanting rapists and murderers to suffer the same as rapists and murderers making their victims suffer? Did you rely just compare innocent people and children with criminals?
what are these 2019 vaush ass arguments lmao😭

EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
Do what you must without remorse to survive and protect since the people you mentioned are still outside doing harm. However the thread question specifically states prisoners which are already stopped from committing more crimes at least temporarily. In that case yes, I believe they do deserve a certain amount of compassion.
How is wanting rapists and murderers to suffer the same as rapists and murderers making their victims suffer?
In both scenarios you have a person wishing and or imposing harm upon another person.

Reactions: pebpebpebpeb
hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
what are these 2019 vaush ass arguments lmao😭
...Who?💀
Steve Harvey What GIF

Edit: Okay I looked Vaush up and he's a apparently a misogynist and racist. Tf? Why did you mention a scumbag like him? So random.
Do what you must without remorse to survive and protect since the people you mentioned are still outside doing harm
Criminals in prison are still criminals. The child rapist who got thrown in prison is still a child rapist.
In that case yes, I believe they do deserve a certain amount of compassion
Why?
In both scenarios you have a person wishing and or imposing harm upon another person.
The difference here is that rapists and murderers hurt, traumatize, and kill innocent people and children. So like I said, how is wanting rapists and murderers to suffer the same as rapists and murderers making their victims suffer? Why are you comparing innocent people and children with criminals?

lostinwoe

lostinwoe

forever ennui
Mar 1, 2024
Do what you must without remorse to survive and protect since the people you mentioned are still outside doing harm. However the thread question specifically states prisoners which are already stopped from committing more crimes at least temporarily. In that case yes, I believe they do deserve a certain amount of compassion.

"prisoners" arnt stopped from commiting more crimes sadly we cant rehabilitate a rapist so i think they deserve 0 compassion

think of a scenario like this you have 2 children who get kidnapped raped then killed the rapist gets caught and goes to prison to ultimately choose assisted suicide over rotting in his cell how would that be fair at all to the parents of the children

or if the children lived and grew up traumatized knowing that there rapist died peacefully by his own will

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Can this be the end? Is this the way I die?
Apr 17, 2023
No. 🎵 they're bad to the bone 🎵

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I can see all the different aspects, ok for a prisoner but not the general public, depending on crime and the like. There is also the aspect of spending large amounts to house, feed, medical, dental. Especially if the offending crime was like murder, sexual (rape, and the like) and a serial killer.

walter

Reactions: pebpebpebpeb
_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
Voted yes, but there is a very serious problem with this idea if it were implemented. (Especially in the US)
We can near guarantee that particular prisons would be filled with people that aren't cis-het white people and the conditions made as bad as possible to encourage those unfortunate enough to end up there to choose this option. There are already concerns with this with Canada's MAID program that keeps getting delayed. It's too easy for a broken system to push people to this for financial reasons instead of providing help to those a at low point that could recover with time and assistance. As someone severely neuro-divergent, this is of great concern.
That said, we firmly believe everyone over the age of 25 should have the right to die regardless of what they have done. 25 because the human brain finishes developing at that time so people are at their peak mentally by that point and should have a good idea of whether they wish to continue or not while being less impulsive than someone in their teens or even early 20's for instance.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
No, why should people get the easy way out?

Maybe give it as an option at the end of a sentence, but not before or during.

You comit a crime then you must be prepared to face the time.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I want to say no but it's a human right. Just because someone's a felon, they shouldn't have a choice anymore.