• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

What verdict should the Judge or Jury in the trial of Kenneth Law issue?

• Not guilty

Votes: 79 72.5%
  • Guilty

Votes: 30 27.5%

• Total voters
Venessolotic

Venessolotic

English is not my first language
Jan 19, 2024
Do you guys think ken law deserves a verdict of guilty or not guilty? He's been charged with assisting members of our community in committing suicide.

A former member of this forum, Emma Morrison, wants him to be convicted:

I personally think he's innocent and that he should be pardoned by the Canadian government.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Pessimist, Little_Suzy and 1 other person
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Of course a lot of us here do appreciate his help and wish he walk away a free man, but with what they have on him, I don't see a way that would ever happen.

• Love
Reactions: Homo erectus, ijustwishtodie, Brokensaddle and 5 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Unfortunately and sadly, I think the judge and jury will find him guilty of murder due to how pro-life the legal system is and the fact that we still exist in a prohibitive world when it comes to the right to die. Personally, I think he should walk free, he is basically like Canada's Dr. Jack Kevorkian and tbh, I don't think Dr. Jack Kevorkian should even have been convicted or stripped of his medical license, but even decades ago, the US was even more stanchly pro-life. He helped terminally and chronically ill patients die peacefully which is commendable and in my eyes, he's a hero for the right to die community. The same for Kenneth Law.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Valky, ijustwishtodie and 11 others
R

ropearoundatree

Student
Nov 9, 2023
I didn't know a lot about this story, so am anywhere near up to speed. I just think it's an unfortunate situation all around. For him, for us, for everyone quite frankly…

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Chronicoverwhelm, Pessimist and 3 others
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
I don't think what he did could be considered murder. The person buying the stuff is responsible. YOU are responsible as an adult if you buy sodium nitrite from some website. It's just another case of people neglecting their own agency and I don't respect that.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: TuttiFrutti, Exact Change, Valky and 12 others
F

fuzzy-clown

Experienced
Nov 27, 2022
Kenneth Law also gave us a fried chicken recipe. I've been meaning to make it but I really don't like deep frying in my home.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: vadim, TuttiFrutti, Valky and 5 others
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
Weird nerative and framing of the situation, completely erasing all agency from the users of the forum. If the person was above 18 they were not a "victim"...

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Pessimist, betternever2havbeen and 3 others
Venessolotic

Venessolotic

Jan 19, 2024
Kenneth Law also gave us a fried chicken recipe. I've been meaning to make it but I really don't like deep frying in my home.
Extremely based fried chicken recipe

• Love
Reactions: Trakehner and Adûnâi
N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
That's a weird poll, how could anyone on this site think that someone who assisted someone committing suicide should be punished for it? That's completely against the concept of this website that everyone has the right to decide about his or her life.
Nevertheless I am pretty sure he will be convicted as society is rotten and pro life. They don't want people to die prematurely, so they can be a part of this shitty system working and being miserable.
Shame on the former member who tries to get the poor guy locked up.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, sadandlonely99, ijustwishtodie and 8 others
Venessolotic

Venessolotic

Jan 19, 2024
I'm kind of surprised by the fact that some members of our community voted in favour of a guilty verdict.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath, ijustwishtodie, Chronicoverwhelm and 4 others
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
lol is this all in code? "Salty Nourishments" obviously is

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
That's a weird poll, how could anyone on this site think that someone who assisted someone committing suicide should be punished for it? That's completely against the concept of this website that everyone has the right to decide about his or her life.
Nevertheless I am pretty sure he will be convicted as society is rotten and pro life. They don't want people to die prematurely, so they can be a part of this shitty system working and being miserable.
Shame on the former member who tries to get the poor guy locked up.
I honestly first thought the poll was what will the verdict be. I have apologetically changed my vote. I fear others are seeing it that way too

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, dggtscccvfd and Venessolotic
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
I honestly first thought the poll was what will the verdict be. I have apologetically changed my vote. I fear others are seeing it that wat too
I made the same mistake.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Adûnâi, Venessolotic and rozeske
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Every time I think of pro-lifers, I get flashbacks to the brilliant computer game SOMA (2015).

Reactions: EyesOfNight and Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
Venessolotic

Venessolotic

Jan 19, 2024
I honestly first thought the poll was what will the verdict be. I have apologetically changed my vote. I fear others are seeing it that way too
Yeah, this is a poll for what the verdict should be, not a poll for what the verdict will be.

• Love
Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, rozeske and 2 others
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
Yeah, this is a poll for what the verdict should be, not a poll for what the verdict will be.
Perhaps we need another one asking what the verdict will be.

Reactions: Venessolotic
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Certain Canadian newspapers watch for Kenneth Law threads on this forum. They have previously quoted poster comnents that supported Law.

Screenshot 20240206 175635
Not sure if the site should be highlighting any support for him. It brings a negative spotlight.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Adûnâi and rozeske
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Dude over priced his stuff, I know yall argue for the right to die but in our current position we're better off without him. Anyone taking advantage of those in pain deserves whatever punishment is handed to them.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: TuttiFrutti, Aim, ijustwishtodie and 5 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Dude over priced his stuff, I know yall argue for the right to die but in our current position we're better off without him. Anyone taking advantage of those in pain deserves whatever punishment is handed to them.
Well, I think euthanasia in the countries where it is possible is also extremely overpriced.

Not guilty.

But tbh - I think the judge will find him guilty.

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Peerless_Cucumber, Adûnâi and 2 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
in our current position we're better off without him.
In this current world we live in I wouldn't mind being taken advantage of if it meant I get assisted to leave somewhat peacefuly.

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Chronicoverwhelm, Pessimist and 5 others
F

fuzzy-clown

Experienced
Nov 27, 2022
A higher price can make sense given the risk he takes to sell that stuff

• Love
Reactions: TuttiFrutti, Suicidebydeath, kawaiiphantom and 5 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Yet all the psychiatric hospitals continue on unchallenged....

• Love
Reactions: sadandlonely99, ijustwishtodie, Rogue Proxy and 6 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't feel like we know the full story and I'm not sure we ever will. Which do you believe: He was a compassionate man who witnessed his own mother suffering towards the end and wanted to ease the pain of others? Or, he was a business man with debts of almost £80,000. He saw a gap in the market, filled it and wasn't fussy about who he sold to?

The thing that troubles me is- I don't believe he verified the age of customers from the start. Only when the heat started to build up. It's pretty obvious he knew what people were buying it for.

So then- the question becomes- does everyone have the right to obtain lethal substances, regardless of age or mental capacity?

I guess I really have mixed feelings. I'm glad I was able to buy from him before he got busted. Still- could I sell a substance to some random stranger on the internet, not really knowing whether they were a child, not knowing anything about them but, being pretty certain they intended to kill themselves? No- I couldn't cope with that responsibility. I'm grateful there are people that do- for my own selfish needs but morally- no, I don't think it would feel right to hand someone the knife as it were (without a whole lot of legalised regulation.)

Maybe he just genuinely has a lot more compassion for anyone's suffering- no matter what it might be or, maybe he was on the more callous side and, just didn't give a shit who died, so long as he got paid.

I think his main problem will be that he sold to minors who then killed themselves. If minors can't legally consent to sex or drinking alcohol- then- they likely can't be judged capable of making the even larger decision to end their life. So, it's no real wonder in a way that they are pushing for murder charges.

As to whether he should be found guilty. I don't know. I don't know what his motives truly were. If they were compassionate and pro choice- I'd hope they'd be lenient- although, I doubt they will be. If they were financially driven though- that's more problematic. People have compared him to a drug dealer from this perspective. Which seems fair in a way. He was effectively providing a noxious substance to people, knowing what many would be using it for, for I believe, quite a high price comparitively and at least initially- as far as I'm aware- he'd sell to anyone.

I guess I lean more towards him being an entrepreneur if I'm honest but, perhaps I'm wrong. I guess I find it curious he didn't CTB himself in a way- to avoid all this. I think I probably would CTB to avoid jail.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: TuttiFrutti, ijustwishtodie, Rev346 and 7 others
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Certain Canadian newspapers watch for Kenneth Law threads on this forum. They have previously quoted poster comnents that supported Law.
Imagine those BBCers putting value in my worthless Ukrainian hikkikomori opinion lmao.

I for one never understood the age argument - write it down, mr. journalist! Yes, I'm a pro-mortalist, and don't believe in free will anyway. Magda Goebbels style?

If minors can't legally consent to sex or drinking alcohol- then- they likely can't be judged capable of making the even larger decision to end their life. So, it's no real wonder in a way that they are pushing for murder charges.
Umm, no legislation in the entire world recognises the right to killing yourself, no matter the age. You will be treated as a child one way or another. Kind of funny to appeal to the law which is not on your side. My personal position? "Fuck the King."

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, Tears in Rain and 1 other person
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Murder is a stretch, no jury will go for that.

Maybe assistance of suicide he will be guilty of, a big fine and a couple of years.

At the end of the day the man profited from death and suffering. However you frame it up he's going to be found guilty.

Maybe see him as some messiah. He was just a man profiting.

He probably paid like £20 for a kilo then sold it for £100 for 50g. That's a crazy markup. More than any drug I know of.

• Love
Reactions: TuttiFrutti, betternever2havbeen and Tears in Rain
I

illAF

Experienced
Jun 19, 2023
Well, I think euthanasia in the countries where it is possible is also extremely overpriced.

Not guilty.

But tbh - I think the judge will find him guilty.
Pegasos is extremely overpriced. But others VAD associations in Switzerland are quite cheap. But I think it is only for Swiss citizens.
I don't know anything about that case. But watching the video, my fear is that SaSu will be soon forbidden on the clearweb. I sometime fear that the "creators" of SaSu could be judged ? I don't know anything about laws and the past of SaSu bit what do you think?

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
I don't feel like we know the full story and I'm not sure we ever will. Which do you believe: He was a compassionate man who witnessed his own mother suffering towards the end and wanted to ease the pain of others? Or, he was a business man with debts of almost £80,000. He saw a gap in the market, filled it and wasn't fussy about who he sold to?

The thing that troubles me is- I don't believe he verified the age of customers from the start. Only when the heat started to build up. It's pretty obvious he knew what people were buying it for.

So then- the question becomes- does everyone have the right to obtain lethal substances, regardless of age or mental capacity?

I guess I really have mixed feelings. I'm glad I was able to buy from him before he got busted. Still- could I sell a substance to some random stranger on the internet, not really knowing whether they were a child, not knowing anything about them but, being pretty certain they intended to kill themselves? No- I couldn't cope with that responsibility. I'm grateful there are people that do- for my own selfish needs but morally- no, I don't think it would feel right to hand someone the knife as it were (without a whole lot of legalised regulation.)

Maybe he just genuinely has a lot more compassion for anyone's suffering- no matter what it might be or, maybe he was on the more callous side and, just didn't give a shit who died, so long as he got paid.

I think his main problem will be that he sold to minors who then killed themselves. If minors can't legally consent to sex or drinking alcohol- then- they likely can't be judged capable of making the even larger decision to end their life. So, it's no real wonder in a way that they are pushing for murder charges.

As to whether he should be found guilty. I don't know. I don't know what his motives truly were. If they were compassionate and pro choice- I'd hope they'd be lenient- although, I doubt they will be. If they were financially driven though- that's more problematic. People have compared him to a drug dealer from this perspective. Which seems fair in a way. He was effectively providing a noxious substance to people, knowing what many would be using it for, for I believe, quite a high price comparitively and at least initially- as far as I'm aware- he'd sell to anyone.

I guess I lean more towards him being an entrepreneur if I'm honest but, perhaps I'm wrong. I guess I find it curious he didn't CTB himself in a way- to avoid all this. I think I probably would CTB to avoid jail.

If this true sounds like a business man more than anything, I don't know about his mother and how he even discovered us but sounds like he was just making flips and didn't care about anything else, only defense i could think of is that it makes sense he'd have insane markups when his customers are obviously only gonna buy once.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023

KL added a premium for the privilege of being a one-time customer! lol

SN has never been my preference, so I'm not sure how people went about buying it. It appears that KL was selling suicide kits to anyone who sent him money, including children.

If he was caught, KL knew what would happen. There is no point in standing up for this guy. He was neither pro-suicide nor anti-suffering; he was an entrepreneur!

Dr. Kevorkian and KL are not even in the same realm! KL operated an international mail-order business selling suicide kits. Dr. Kevorkian performed doctor-assisted euthanasia and obtained the patient's consent via video before assisting in the administration of drugs.

• Love
Reactions: TuttiFrutti, ijustwishtodie, betternever2havbeen and 4 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
If this true sounds like a business man more than anything, I don't know about his mother and how he even discovered us but sounds like he was just making flips and didn't care about anything else, only defense i could think of is that it makes sense he'd have insane markups when his customers are obviously only gonna buy once.
He was not allowed here's and technically had nothing to do with sasu. Well that's ideally. It could be said that sasu found him I guess. I believe it tbh, he didn't stand by our age verification standards. That said he probably found us at one point if he know about stuff, hard to say.

Reactions: Valky and FutureHanger