• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Does any social media platform make you more suicidal? (SaSu is NOT included)

• Yes

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I don't use social media

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I DO NOT count SaSu as social media platform in this poll.

I get pretty depressed and more suicidal by instagram. Especially if I look up peole I went to school with. People who bullied me. Or just randoms who present their dream lives on instagram. It is so toxic for my mental health.

Youtube on the other hand helps me to cope. I also watched a lot of sad content like for example today a documentation of rape as a weapon in wars. But it does not make me more suicidal.

Twitter (X) was also bad for my mental health sometimes. For example when I debated people who wanted me to deny the right to die. It was a very wise decision to stop doing that.

What about you? Is there a platform that increases your suicidality? I never used TikTok and barely watch shorts. So I cannot make a statement about its impact on me.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, because I don't use any other social media to begin with

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
The social media platform I despise the most in this universe is Facebook.

Facebook has always made me feel like a failure. I remember always scrolling through my classmates' profiles and feeling disgusted by how they flaunted their fake lives. I hate how they always post photos showcasing their achievements or traveling the world since those are things I'll never be able to experience in my life.

Another thing I hate about Facebook is the groups filled with toxic people who constantly argue in the comment section. It makes me feel like I'm in groups of cavemen.

In 2021, I deleted my account, although sometimes I'm forced to use a fake account because it's the only place where I can find job offers in my stupid town.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Instagram makes me more suicidal because I hate seeing other people enjoy life. I hate seeing them show off how great their lives are. I hate seeing other people have fun. I also detest the vapid narcissism, egoism and materialism that runs rampant on Instagram. I hate how self-absorbed people are, and how they exhibit their lives for show. They're so shallow, fake and materialistic

Last edited:
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Absolutely. My addiction to social media has been a huge contributing factor to my suicidal ideation. For me, the major ones that contributed were YouTube, Twitter, and Discord if you count Discord as social media.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Reddit. I follow depressing subreddits like r/collapse.
I lurk on there lol. I haven't gone on in a while though. Do you think that collapse is likely?

LXXCH

LXXCH

angelmaker
Apr 3, 2024
I used to be an active and somewhat recognized member of shtwt, so obviously that pushed me a lot more towards sh and suicide

cupcakesandmilk

cupcakesandmilk

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
As weird as it may sound, for me, it's the exact opposite. I feel as though I've been relatively more suicidal since I got off social media, but still, I don't plan on going back to it since it wasted quite a bit of my time.

Reactions: 4am
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you.
Dec 14, 2023
social media has neither made me suicidal, nor contributed to it

Reactions: Shadowpriest
ilvgore

ilvgore

Jan 7, 2024
Yes. Instagram and Tiktok also Reddit. On Tiktok there was all these pretty girls. And it just reminded me of how ugly i really am. Due to this feeling more lonely because being ugly means being treated like less. Instagram was filled with toxicity and negativity oh my gosh. And with Reddit? All these Pro lifers eww i was on suicide watch lol. But i think most people on suicide watch dont really want to die which is also okay. But i know what i want you know? Like for them suicide is another problem to deal with. They still see beauty and life and want to continue they still havent given up. Suicide isnt a solution for them. But for me it definitely is.

SmallKoy

SmallKoy

Aficionado
Jan 18, 2024
I DO NOT count SaSu as social media platform in this poll.

I get pretty depressed and more suicidal by instagram. Especially if I look up peole I went to school with. People who bullied me. Or just randoms who present their dream lives on instagram. It is so toxic for my mental health.

Youtube on the other hand helps me to cope. I also watched a lot of sad content like for example today a documentation of rape as a weapon in wars. But it does not make me more suicidal.

Twitter (X) was also bad for my mental health sometimes. For example when I debated people who wanted me to deny the right to die. It was a very wise decision to stop doing that.

What about you? Is there a platform that increases your suicidality? I never used TikTok and barely watch shorts. So I cannot make a statement about its impact on me.
So relatable. Except for me, instagram, YouTube shorts and twitter are terrible for me because of how frequently you see beautiful people with perfect lives. I know social media is fake, and their lives presented on social media are crafted to be that way, but I still can't help but feel envious. I also hate how common body checking is. Makes me feel so insecure.

Aesthetic guy

Aesthetic guy

Just hanging around...
Dec 13, 2022
instagram legit gives me panic attacks
algorithms know exactly what they should show me
and i watch them just like homelander

Giphy

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Climate change, economy, division in society plus other stuff my attention span does not remember.
When do you think that things will fully collapse?

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Fully collapse in what sense?
Idk lol. When do you think that the collapse will get really the bad?

What are your predictions about the future? Like what do you think will happen

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
I got rid of personal social media accounts a while ago, but I remember when Facebook was getting popular getting depressed watching girls I liked out doing stuff I wasn't invited to. Eventually I figured out it has almost no benefit and has the potential to do a lot of damage. It also changed a lot. I say social media died the day everyone's mom started using Facebook. Now it's not even "use this to coordinate with your friends and people you more loosely know at your school, you know, socially," it's just "desperately try to validate yourself and get attention." I mean, that was always a part of it, but it's gotten out of control. A relative of mine is always posting (I know because my SO shows me) these posts about how wonderful it is that she has a bunch of kids and also works insane hours. I know she's miserable. She's on SSRIs, and lying to herself and everyone else, but people probably see them and think 'look at her... am I not doing enough? My life sucks.' It's twisted.
getting depressed watching girls I liked
There's also something to this where it feeds into limerence. I'll admit now that I have a bit of nostalgia for those days, but I would watch this one girl I thought was just perfect in high school, and I know that reading all her favorites and posts and stuff just made me create this idealized, unrealistic picture of her in my head, which I've always been prone to do. I say I have nostalgia for it because those are powerful emotions I don't really get anymore, but it could be dangerous if taken too far.

marchshift

marchshift

Mar 15, 2024
Idk lol. When do you think that the collapse will get really the bad?

What are your predictions about the future? Like what do you think will happen
I think things are pretty bad now in parts of the world. Famine triggered by climate/inequality/etc.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I think things are pretty bad now in parts of the world. Famine triggered by climate/inequality/etc.
What about things in the Western world (America, etc)? When do you think that total societal collapse will happen? Like society crumbling or a revolution?

marchshift

marchshift

Mar 15, 2024
What about things in the Western world (America, etc)? When do you think that total societal collapse will happen? Like society crumbling or a revolution?
Not sure about a revolution. Im just witnessing/ more aware of worsening inequality, climate disasters and feel hopeless.

Reactions: sserafim
Chr0nicAnhedonic

Chr0nicAnhedonic

poisoned to my rotten core
Oct 1, 2023
Social media contributes to my depression and suicidality in general, but I think the biggest contributor of the platforms I'm still on is Discord. Any time I check it either servers are completely dead, or people are in calls having a good time when I'm unable to join in. It's a stark reminder of just how lonely and isolated I really am.

It's the only form of communication I have with any of my "friends", so I can't outright delete it until my CTB plans are ready.

HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Social media feels like a public yet exclusive club where if I don't join their rigid ever changing beliefs I deserve to lose years of content and friendships put into it. There is constant fighting and arguing over the smallest things yet if I don't express the right opinion on it (or even a lack of one), I'm a terrible person and should die (which hey, I'm here now!). It's incredibly stressful and overwhelming to use sometimes and I'm too addicted to close my accounts.

Also just the high exposure of the worst emotions and life circumstances on the daily, which I mostly expect on SaSu, but not on a site where I want to talk about videogames and art.

• Love
Reactions: pilotviolin
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
EVERY social media makes me more suicidal. The absolute worst in humanity on display. It's why I stopped using all of them.