Do you hate your parents?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
(Feel free to say why if you're comfortable.)

For me the answer is yes. My mother stole my childhood from me and is the sole reason I am mentally ill. My dad, even though he is the better parent also contributed.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, BitterlyAlive_, LastLoveLetter and 7 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I hate one of my parents, my father, but not my mother.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, Copeless, Dear Agony and 6 others
ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
I hate them just because they gave me life, which I have never wanted. But I guess that doesn't count.

• Hmph!
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Jane Doe 13, Élégie and 9 others
U

Unicorns

Feb 8, 2021
I don't hate them but it's hard living with my dad who has dementia. He's in denial and thinks it's me doing stuff to make him think he's losing his mind....

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter and UninformedLover
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
No, my mother is the only reason why I hesitate so much despite my situation.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, Dear Agony, ChoclateIsSweet and 4 others
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I HATE my parents because they abused me mentally and physically, They locked me in a room with a plastic bucket to piss and shit in,My father beat me on several occasions until on the seventh time l Punched the bastard back and fractured his jaw! They Locked me out the house so l had to sleep in the barn, forced me to work 12 hour days with no pay, provided just 3 meals consisting of a small bowl of weak soup and 2 slices of bread 3 times a week! Killed my 18-month old dog(Rex) out of spite, sold my york weights behind my back!(Not that they were any use to me by then) Removed every photograph with me in it from the family album! They are Evil Twisted Sadists That l Hope with all my heart are Burning in Hell for all eternity! They think their farm is safe but once my Dog has died l'm going back to Burn all 500-Acres!!! 'THE GUILTY MUST BE PUNISHED'!!!☠️

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: shush, LastLoveLetter, Copeless and 16 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
What a tough question to answer.

I love my dad but as regards my mom...
I both love and hate her, She suffers from schizophrenia and is literally a demon sometimes. She even thinks my dad and I are plotting against her so as to kill her.

I picked NO because she's mentally ill and she can actually be quite nice. As a child, you can't imagine how spoiled I was. She just bought me any toy I wanted haha.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, lobster salad, Isisnefert and 2 others
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Hate might be a strong word given that they were/are mostly just negligent and willfully blind to their incompetence and the true nature of their choices but in the end I put yes. I certainly did when I was younger. In different ways I would say they are both equally responsible for stealing my life potential, starting from right after I was born by sending me to my granny for unknown reasons in a situation that just makes it seem like they're both highly selfish.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, Desperdición, it's_all_a_game and 3 others
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
don't hate her exactly but resent and dislike her and don't really consider her a mother because she has hurt me so much. As of my dad, I do love him

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, UninformedLover and demuic
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Brought me into this world and didn't make me strong enough to handle life. I was more emotional about it at first but now I would say that the hatred exists but not as much in an emotional or tangible way. If I ctb they will suffer more than I have suffered throughout my life, and my siblings' pain (nothing against them, collateral damage) would be used as amplifiers--too harsh of a punishment for naiveté and nescience imo. So ctb is for me more about me getting to avoid pain rather than inflicting it on others at this point.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, SentientCreature, Isisnefert and 2 others
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
I didn't hate my dad, though I definitely spent more time with my mom. Considering how my mom keeps me going, I wouldn't say I hate my parents at all. She also tried her hardest to protect me from how shit life is but my stubbornness got in the way.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, Isisnefert and UninformedLover
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I should hate them, the nagging, abusive, self-involved, invalidating pricks that they are. And I did for the longest time. But I stopped playing the guilty game at some point. I'm the shitty one. There's no way around it.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, Ironweed, TessB and 1 other person
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
They have been abusive towards me, made my life a living hell while I was living with them and now they're acting like nothing happened.
My brothers aren't great either because they are treated way better than I was. Heck, one of my brothers even got an electric Porsche from my Dad and I had to get my first car (Which was an shitty Fiat Ducato camper) all by myself and pay for it. This might sound like I'm jealous and that's kinda true but what to expect form such scums..
Only my sister was nice to me and I'm still getting along with her really good even though we only message each other through Telegram since she doesn't live at my parents house anymore and there is no way that they will be controlling her phone.
Hehe, as if they could..
I got her an OnePlus smartphone a year ago and it has something called "secret spaces" which allows you to hide selected app from launcher and use a pin to lock it :wink:

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter and UninformedLover
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
No. I've been abused by my mom but I don't care anymore and I can say that I love her besides I can't be by her side. Maybe she thinks that I hate her and sometimes that makes me sad but it's impossible to stay near her.

My dad is mentally stable but I think he just forgot he had a daughter for a couple years. He still forget my existence time to time but he's trying his best and I'm not good either so I love him too.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, ReflectionOfTrauma and UninformedLover
T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
My parents are why I'm the way I am.. but I don't hate them. They've broken my heart but I think they can't help how they are.. they've suffered too. It's just I can't have a relationship with them ever again because it causes me so much pain.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NasiGoreng, LastLoveLetter, SentientCreature and 4 others
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
I used to hate my parents, believing that they only loved me out of a sense of duty- and in the past there was an... incompatibility living with them, we didn't get along.
So much done, so much... water under the bridge now i suppose but it's also partly responsible for why i am the way i am...
But they help me out quite a bit now, even if they don't absolutely understand....
So i selected no... for the "now" of things.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, hʚll, LONE WOLF. and 1 other person
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
They have been abusive towards me, made my life a living hell while I was living with them and now they're acting like nothing happened.
My brothers aren't great either because they are treated way better than I was. Heck, one of my brothers even got an electric Porsche from my Dad and I had to get my first car (Which was an shitty Fiat Ducato camper) all by myself and pay for it. This might sound like I'm jealous and that's kinda true but what to expect form such scums..
Only my sister was nice to me and I'm still getting along with her really good even though we only message each other through Telegram since she doesn't live at my parents house anymore and there is no way that they will be controlling her phone.
Hehe, as if they could..
I got her an OnePlus smartphone a year ago and it has something called "secret spaces" which allows you to hide selected app from launcher and use a pin to lock it :wink:
Hi Lunarpyotr, Can l ask What's a One Plus Smartphone?

Reactions: UninformedLover
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Just my father.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, demuic, UninformedLover and 1 other person
F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
Yeah they suck

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, UninformedLover and bloomingdark
bloomingdark

bloomingdark

Alex
Jan 24, 2019
I used to hate my mom, she caused many of my childhood traumas and was very rude and agressive with my me, she used to beat me a lot and dismissed completely my emotions , i don't hate her right now , i have no feelings at all for her, it's like she became nothing for me,

About my dad, i don't really have tought on him, he lived with my grandpa since I was born and didn't move with us until I was ten so it was always a nice guy for me, someone that's, just there.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, demuic, it's_all_a_game and 1 other person
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Just bought the Gold and Green One Plus Watch!
I see ^^
For me something like a smart watch or generally any watch, isn't really useful for me.
I have a Galaxy Watch ( I belive the 42" one) and ever since I got it after extending my phone contract, I never really used it. It's just sitting there and collecting dust on my shelf. Kinda like my work assigned iPhone 11 did but the story with the iPhone is a complete different story.
I like flashing clean/de-bloated custom firmware on my Android devices, play around with the kernel and apply all the security patches by myself :ahhha:

Also my OnePlus 8 Pro is rocking a custom kernel that gives me at least 3 days of battery life while using it for social media and playing music like every day

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
I don't hate or blame them for anything. Whateve they did or are still doing has it's consequences and price, and i don't care at all if they can realise that. I'm only sad and it's simply because i live in an extremely different world than theirs. I don't mind when they have an oppion or wanna say something they have in mind, but i'm never allowed to give them something new, usefull or out of the box. They won't even beleive me if i tell them what i've accomlished. They won't believe that it's possible, they won't even understand what i wanna say to them. And this goes also for most of the other people i know or have met.
I can't uderstand that nature in humans. You complain, you say you have problems, you say you don't agree with this or that and what most do - they won't even accept any advice, they will put their hopes on someone else that will exploit them and keep the circle of blame out of their own mistakes. And when someone is doing the oposite and is having a good life - they start to hate you.
I don't care, i already exploited that system in humans nature. I'm just little sad after spending 2 hours with parents with hope that they won't see me as someone completely insane living in a dreamworld.

Reactions: SentientCreature
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
After being forced to hear the people living beneath me having what sounded like perfect bonding through amazing sex I was reminded of the suffering I had to live through in my youth due to all that was denied me thanks, in large part, to my parents. In this respect i would say it was probably more my 'father' than mother who was to blame. It made me hate them - him in particular - once again. I'm glad I put Yes.

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Dr Iron Arc
SentientCreature

SentientCreature

Mar 16, 2021
I used to but now I'm not sure anymore. My father is a manipulative alcoholic and overall just an extremely neurotic and unpleasant person who has been abusing my mother for so many years now. I blame them both though, she's choosing to stay with him after all, always having that false hope that he'll change somehow or justifying her passivity by pointing out that she's financially dependent on him. I have since stopped paying attention to their issues, it's none of my concern, as my father rightfully pointed out so many times.

They were my age when they started having kids so I can't really blame them for that either, they were too young and stupid to give it any serious thought, but I'm sure they would have abstained from it if only they'd known that their kids would turn out this way. Sometimes I feel sorry for my father though, people don't become severe alcoholics for no reason, he has his own personal issues and he can't help it.

Maybe it's best not to give much thought to counterfactuals. It's done, they've made a mistake and now I'm here. I don't have to be for much longer though and that's all that matters to me now.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, Bagger, demuic and 1 other person
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
No, I've a great childhood. My parents sacrificed everything from profession, immigration, money, just to name a few, to give me a better life. They love me unconditionally. I'm fortunate that I have them.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter and theunderdog
hʚll

hʚll

not real.
Jun 18, 2021
not really hate. sometimes i'm angry that they don't understand the mistake they did with bringing me in this hell.. but yeah other times i just feel sorry that they were too brainwashed to have children..how can i blame them if they didn't know better ? i don't know... anyway now they're stuck with me, a burden.
not for much tho..

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter and demuic
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, I generally have a good relationship with my parents. However obviously they are the cause of my existence and I wish I was never born really. If I didn't exist then I wouldn't have to suffer, but I guess they thought they were doing a good thing by bringing me into this world. My dislike is towards society instead for denying us a right to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter