GideonVandaleur

GideonVandaleur

Envoy of the Silence
Dec 15, 2021
So I'm playing Grand Theft Auto; I'm taking out pigs left, right, and center. I've got Cop Killer and Fuck Da Police on high rotation, when suddenly it occurs to me: This is just like life!

Hi, I'm GideonVandaleur and I like being out of touch with nature. When I go to the video store I tell myself, "I want to see alot of people being killed." In the heart of winter I like to stretch out on the couch and watch a movie that makes me feel like a bad person. That helps me relax. I need nightmares that give me a break from my real nightmares. If I'm having a dream where a guy is chasing me and he's got a machine gun that fires swords, that's a walk in the park and a picnic in a meadow compared to a split second meditation on the profound implications of climate change!

There are no violent climate change based games because the market, the people, the demographic, the folks, the population are thinking, "Hopefully, I'll be dead before that happens." So anyway, Grand Theft Auto is a sandbox game where you can cruise around shooting cops then go hide under a bridge just like in real life. I say, "Keep violence on the screen, it's the off screen violence that concerns me." Who cares if four year old children are practicing their chainsaw technique in SplatterFist5000 Part II. Children should have nightmares! Children should wake up screaming in the middle of the night begging to be allowed to live!

Anyway, It starts with the adults. After the Columbine Massacre no journalist asked the question of an important celebrity, "Do you think schools suck?" You would think that was the obvious question. If some guy with love handles shoots up his workplace the headlines scream Man Reacts To Terrible Job! But if a harrassed child fetches up at school with teaching materials of his own. But if a child with several years of bullying under his belt fetches up at school with some teaching materials of his own! We don't hear Abused Student Lashes Out With Fistful Of Knowledge! We don't hear Violent Lesson At School Jam Packed With Assholes! No, we're told an ungrateful student who couldn't tell fact from fantasy reacted quite badly to a system that was only trying to rearrange his personality. The nerve!

Violent videogames are a not real problem taking up a lot of room in real persons heads. If very young people thought violent videogames were real they would go for a run and do some push ups. But they know perfectly well you can order pizza, blow shit up, a year can pass without a split second of having a bad time; It's kind of awesome when you think about it! The people who can't tell fact from fantasy, they're the concerned onlookers. I'll help ya. That's a fat kid, that's a television. Relax. That's a computer screen and that's a harmless boy experiencing some power in a world where psychopaths are rewarded. Ahhh psychopaths, is there anything they can't make weirder than it needs to be?

I think what parents need to worry about is parents who overreact to shit that isn't real! It's well known, one of the leading causes of violent outbursts in children..moms and dads. I think all parents should be labeled: May be Full of Shit. I'd reckon I'd pay the full shelf price for a game where I got to kill my parents over and over again. I'd pay twice, that would be nice. That would be awesome, call up my mom, have a long and psychologically healthy conversation about all sorts of things, then hang up and hunt her down through a terrifying forest. *Big Smile aaaand Sigh*

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 8975
GideonVandaleur

GideonVandaleur

Envoy of the Silence
Dec 15, 2021
GTA 5.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 8975