• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

axab43

Mar 10, 2024
Can I ask why this method of suicide is not mentioned more? From what I have read, it seems to be fairly painless. And if done while taking say four sleeping tablets, would that be a way of a relatively painless quick death? (I saw a movie where a guy duct taped the bag around his neck so it wasn't so easily pulled off.

It is not something I would do right now but need a plan for a possible out if things get even worse than they are now.

Reactions: delta.sigma
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's not painless bc SI will kick in and make you crazy when the CO2 concentration in the bag rises. That's neither peaceful nor pleasant. That's why this method is not discussed a lot.

There are way better methods.

A

axab43

Mar 10, 2024
It's not painless bc SI will kick in and make you crazy when the CO2 concentration in the bag rises. That's neither peaceful nor pleasant. That's why this method is not discussed a lot.

There are way better mI

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
First, movies are fiction. Never confuse anything you see in a movie with any part of the real world.

A simple plastic bag over the head doesn't work for a couple reasons. One, your body knows it needs to breathe by how much carbon dioxide is in the blood. A plastic bag does not vent out the CO2 that you exhale, meaning you're just re- inhaling your own CO2. This causes your body to realize you're suffocating, and you panic. Not peaceful at all.

Even if you were to tape it somehow, there's no guarantee that it's perfectly airtight, which means you're not going to suffocate.

Finally, SI can drive you to live even if you're not conscious of it. A simple plastic bag can be ripped through in a panic even if you're not consciously trying to.

A

axab43

Mar 10, 2024
My depression is severe. I am not up to researching a lot, buying things online, messing with other things. Obviously there will be discomfort. There will be with any methods but this seemed preferable to me than short hanging, which is choking as well. And if someone takes something like diazepam, or sleeping pills, that should provide a certain amount of sedation?
First, movies are fiction. Never confuse anything you see in a movie with any part of the real world.

A simple plastic bag over the head doesn't work for a couple reasons. One, your body knows it needs to breathe by how much carbon dioxide is in the blood. A plastic bag does not vent out the CO2 that you exhale, meaning you're just re- inhaling your own CO2. This causes your body to realize you're suffocating, and you panic. No peaceful at all.
I also looked up this method as reported clinically though on studies on suicide and it has said this method has worked as a way of suicide. The movie did not show it was completely peaceful. The guy did struggle but it would be over quick and you wouldn't have to overthink anything, for me.

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
My depression is severe. I am not up to researching a lot, buying things online, messing with other things. Obviously there will be discomfort. There will be with any methods but this seemed preferable to me than short hanging, which is choking as well. And if someone takes something like diazepam, or sleeping pills, that should provide a certain amount of sedation?
You need anesthetics like they r used in surgeries, then u don't feel suffocation. Hanging isn't painful bc if you do it right you pass out within less than30 seconds due to blood flow restriction. That's preferable to suffocation.

A

axab43

Mar 10, 2024
You need anesthetics like they r used in surgeries, then u don't feel suffocation. Hanging isn't painful bc if you do it right you pass out within less than30 seconds due to blood flow restriction. That's preferable to suffocation.
Is that partial hanging? Robin Williams did this (one of my favourite actors) and I have often wondered how he did it and it must be possible. It just seems a little more daunting than just lying down with a plastic bag.

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Is that partial hanging? Robin Williams did this (one of my favourite actors) and I have often wondered how he did it and it must be possible. It just seems a little more daunting than just lying down with a plastic bag.
Partial - if done right is a reliable method - but most people fail it at least that's my impression from reading threads here. I personally would only do full suspension bc once the chair is kicked there's no way back when you made sure the rope and anchor point is strong enough. Regardless how long it takes you will die with full suspension.

Here's a guide for partial:

A

axab43

Mar 10, 2024
Partial - if done right is a reliable method - but most people fail it at least that's my impression from reading threads here. I personally would only do full suspension bc once the chair is kicked there's no way back when you made sure the rope and anchor point is strong enough. Regardless how long it takes you will die with full suspension.

Here's a guide for partial:

Thank you

Reactions: Praestat_Mori