It'sMyLife

It'sMyLife

Little bundles of futile hope we are
Apr 18, 2020
NO! This is why bags are recommended, and masks are not. The ONLY mask setup that should even be contemplated is a full scuba mask and regulator, which is not cheap and much more complicated than a bag.

other masks, such as this snorkeling mask will do one of two things. One is the case of a sealed mask. This will lead, very quickly, to a build up of pressure and severe lung damage. The other case, as in this one, is a mask that allows for O2 to flow in with each breath, rendering the process uncertain and prone to failure or brain damage.

I realize the post was made in good faith, but posts like this are dangerous. Do not use a mask, and don't encourage others to do so if you don't understand what the mask does that you are suggesting!
It seems to me that onewayroad did his homework. He set it all up to not leak and the airway became the inert gas inlet. Did you read the whole thread? These masks that are designed to separate exhaled air from incoming air didn't exist when the whole bag technique was established is my theory. Anyway I bought the mask today to inspect it and try it on. I could take it back in a few days. If I do I'm going to end up buying a seac mask on eBay I think. I'm not wearing a bag either. I'm capable of modifying it to allow only gas in and still let the CO2 out which shouldn't be very much once the argon starts to take over. Unless you can provide more specific information I'm going to disregard your advice although I appreciate your giving it. I know you do so in good faith

beatenghost

beatenghost

May 26, 2019
Tried this with two tanks (idk the size, they seemed pretty big) using a t bar and obviously didnt work. I wouldn't try this method again

It'sMyLife

It'sMyLife

Little bundles of futile hope we are
Apr 18, 2020
Tried this with two tanks (idk the size, they seemed pretty big) using a t bar and obviously didnt work. I wouldn't try this method again
So you used a snorkel mask like in the link I posted? Thanks