Rainork

Rainork

What a load of baloney
Mar 17, 2023
Hey. Sorry if there's a thread about this already- there's so many about music and playing games that I couldn't find one for this!
I'm a musician and often play music and sing as a way to feel what I'm feeling- and honestly when I'm in a dark place I feel sorry for my neighbours listening to me play the same few songs over and over.
I mainly play piano and sing- I also dabble a little with guitar and uke but I'm not great.
My favourite song to play on piano is 'River Flows in You' (Yiruma), and I'll often play and sing 'Mad World', 'Anyone' (Demi Lovato) and 'In The Kitchen' (Renee Rapp) -a thousand miles and love song are also two oldies I know but don't often play in this mindset.
Does anyone have any song recommendations that I could learn, bonus points if they're feelingful songs I can also sing when the need takes me.
What are you go-to songs when you're feeling too much and just need to play?
I also hope this is the right place to post this, I find music is a great coping mechanism and a healthy outlet for all the pain inside of me.
Can't wait to hear from y'all

Last edited:
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I am sure your neighbors can feel your pain through the music. I'd honestly feel very honored and sentimental if I had the change to hear someone's feelings being poured out like that.
River flows in you is a great song, it really opens a door to your heart. Another great song like that is 'je te laisserai des mots' which does include a bit of singing but the piano is amazing.
How I wish I could play the piano. I only know how to play ukulele :) learned it from someone in the clinic and then got my own to learn more and sing to!! Great memories :)

In fact, I just sang my heart out too since I needed to get out some feelings so I absolutely feel you!

I also struggled to find some really good songs in that moment. What I did sing was 'Golden hour' from JVKE and 'Love in the dark' from Adele (really love that one).

Who I can really recommend is 'Birdy'. Her songs are all really heartfelt. Songs I love from her are 'Skinny love', 'people help the people', 'wings' (those are her famous ones) Another great one is 'deep end' and especially (on of my faves) 'Not about angels'.

Some more good songs:

'Two birds' - Regina Spektor
'Reckless' - Madison Beer
'Selfish' - Madison Beer
'Dear Society' - Madison Beer
'Arcade' - Duncan Laurence
,Talking to the Moon' - Bruno Mars
'Listen before I go' - Billie Eilish
,Everything I wanted' - Billie Eilish
'Control' - Zoe Wees
'Where is my mind' - Pixie
'Gymnopédie No. 1' - Satie
'Experience' - Ludovico Einaudi

• Hugs
Reactions: Rainork
Rainork

Rainork

What a load of baloney
Mar 17, 2023
I am sure your neighbors can feel your pain through the music. I'd honestly feel very honored and sentimental if I had the change to hear someone's feelings being poured out like that.
River flows in you is a great song, it really opens a door to your heart. Another great song like that is 'je te laisserai des mots' which does include a bit of singing but the piano is amazing.
How I wish I could play the piano. I only know how to play ukulele :) learned it from someone in the clinic and then got my own to learn more and sing to!! Great memories :)

In fact, I just sang my heart out too since I needed to get out some feelings so I absolutely feel you!

I also struggled to find some really good songs in that moment. What I did sing was 'Golden hour' from JVKE and 'Love in the dark' from Adele (really love that one).

Who I can really recommend is 'Birdy'. Her songs are all really heartfelt. Songs I love from her are 'Skinny love', 'people help the people', 'wings' (those are her famous ones) Another great one is 'deep end' and especially (on of my faves) 'Not about angels'.

Some more good songs:

'Two birds' - Regina Spektor
'Reckless' - Madison Beer
'Selfish' - Madison Beer
'Dear Society' - Madison Beer
'Arcade' - Duncan Laurence
,Talking to the Moon' - Bruno Mars
'Listen before I go' - Billie Eilish
,Everything I wanted' - Billie Eilish
'Control' - Zoe Wees
'Where is my mind' - Pixie
'Gymnopédie No. 1' - Satie
'Experience' - Ludovico Einaudi
I hope so, I just feel like a nuisance but with anxiety I don't know if I am or not.
Awh, I'm glad you've found an instrument that you can play!
Thank you for all the suggestions, I'm a fan of Birdy myself- as for all the other songs I'll add them to a playlist and hopefully learn some well enough to sing too. I'm also definitely going to check out the piano piece.