DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Time to piss some people off

Personality tests are just horoscopes for men. Those things don't mean anything. You can get different answers depending on how your mood is. There is no personality test that you can take that will tell you what kind of person you. You are not a type. There is no such thing as a type of person really. You are an ephemeral ever changing collection of attributes that shifts. We don't even have a scientific definition of consciousness. We don't know why you fall asleep and wake up and have a continuity of experience. You think we know how to categorize a person based on their personality? We don't know what you are. Labels for different human mechanisms of anxiety: OCD, ADHD, PTSD, etc

Reactions: Blurry_Buildings, astr4, AbusedInnocent and 4 others
lamargue

lamargue

concupiscent soul
Jun 5, 2024
it's probably wrong to say that the individual (or ego) is a complete nonentity, but i generally agree that the way in which we measure indicators of certain archetypes is largely dependent on self-analysis. people model their own behaviour on how they should like to be perceived, which totals to an effort on the part of the individual to distinguish themselves

we might not be able to explain how consciousness arises, nor even define it sufficiently, but we can agree that it certainly must exist, no?

Reactions: wCvML2
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
If personality tests were true, then they could predict what job best fits an individual like in Futurama but then freedom of choice would be taken away simply because the super-computer would know what's best for us. I don't know what's worse: not knowing and most likely making the less favorable choice or knowing and not having a choice.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
Can you make a thread on psychometry please 🥺 🥺 🥺

AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Enemy brain ain't cooperating
Apr 5, 2024
That's true, everyone is unique in so many ways, you can't just categorize personalities/types of intelligence into a few dozen types and all attempts to do so have failed.

Don't know why anyone takes these tests seriously when they're all pseudoscience, the only real useful metric is IQ even though it's limited and flawed as well.

K

Kavka

Student
Jun 11, 2024
Yeah, luckily I'm an INTJ, so I don't believe in this nonsense and pseudoscience!

• Yay!
Reactions: sugarb
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Time to piss some people off

Personality tests are just horoscopes for men. Those things don't mean anything. You can get different answers depending on how your mood is. There is no personality test that you can take that will tell you what kind of person you. You are not a type. There is no such thing as a type of person really. You are an ephemeral ever changing collection of attributes that shifts. We don't even have a scientific definition of consciousness. We don't know why you fall asleep and wake up and have a continuity of experience. You think we know how to categorize a person based on their personality? We don't know what you are. Labels for different human mechanisms of anxiety: OCD, ADHD, PTSD, etc
I used to hang out on the 16Personalities forums and roleplay there over Covid, it was fun lol

Also, personality tests definitely aren't a boy's club 😆 in my experience stuff like Meyer's-Brigg's is pretty evenly split and most horoscope girls I know are also into personality tests

I'd say the whole sigma male thing is a better fit as a male horoscope. Some parts of pop psychology also fit