• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

executioner1983

executioner1983

death is sustainable
Oct 2, 2023
What are some personal philosophies that you've come up with that have helped you better enjoy life?

For me, I like to imagine that the mother, the maiden, and the crone all live inside of me at once. They each come out whenever they're needed. When I feel sad or unwanted, I let the mother take over. When she does, I care for myself in the same way a mother would care for their child.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mirrory Me and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
I like yours a lot, letting the mother care for you.

I feel like a lot of my posts are answers to this question. I've been through a lot of the pain and confusion younger members here are struggling with, and I have gotten to a place where a majority of the time I'm far more stable and more able to enjoy more moments and having awful moments less frequently.

For me, I learned to care about others and I'm trying to practice extending the same care to myself. Not just my closest friends and family, mind you, it's about realizing everyone is struggling. They're all people with their own thoughts and wants, they just get hampered by pain and worry and other negative influencers. So, I try to go easy on them.

To do this - and this is a hard hurdle for a lot of people on this site - I had to acknowledge how distorted my view of myself was. I hated myself, deep down, but on the surface I thought I was superior to everyone - the main character meant for so much more but held back by an unfair world. Both were wrong, and neither was helpful. The fact of the matter is that I do have some gifts, and also some personal shortcomings, and in a lot of way they are related. I struggle not because the world is against me, but because I have weaknesses in some areas.

So, to get to the philosophy, it's about giving others the benefit of the doubt, so that eventually I will give myself the benefit of the doubt as well.

Driving can be a really good practice ground and case study. If someone does something bad or annoying while driving near me, I try to imagine why they might be doing that besides the initial reaction of "they're an asshole" or "they're a bad driver." Maybe they're distracted because they just got some bad news. Maybe they are having stomach issues and that's making them hurry. Maybe they aren't from the area and a little overwhelmed and confused. I try to apply that in all areas in life whenever I can. You try not to let it make you a pushover, but I'd rather occasionally get burned by someone than be cynical all the time (having lived both.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarni
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
It is good to hear that you have received support from your thoughts. "Feminine energy" can really be embodied in different things. For example, I have noticed that the home becomes cozier when a touch of feminine features are added there (in astrology, the 4th room also refers to "mother", in addition to the physical home and family). In that room, I have e.g. Pallas, which means e.g. that I could decorate a beautiful and comfortable apartment.

Reactions: derpyderpins