• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
100% agree.
Some people probably are, ye. However, if your blessed with money and looks, I'm finding it hard to believe you aren't enjoying life to some extent. I guess I personally make that assumption because I'm unhappy lacking the latter.
plenty of celebrities have died by suicide. money and looks can help but what's the use of either if your brain is constantly dissatisfied with everything for no reason

Reactions: Sister of the Moon and WorthlessTrash
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
100% agree.

plenty of celebrities have died by suicide. money and looks can help but what's the use of either if your brain is constantly dissatisfied with everything for no reason
Like I said, I made the assumption because I'm on the outside looking in wishing I had the latter at the very least. I do understand that some people are not satisfied with either and take their lives, but it is sad to see them give up what would cure me of my depression if I had it.

Reactions: rationaltake
M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
Like I said, I made the assumption because I'm on the outside looking in wishing I had the latter at the very least. I do understand that some people are not satisfied with either and take their lives, but it is sad to see them give up what would cure me of my depression if I had it.
how do you know it would cure you?

I speak as someone who also wishes they had both btw - but I'm fairly certain I would find something else to be miserable about

also society is horrible so even if my mental state were normal and euthymic I'd still want out

Reactions: WorthlessTrash
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
how do you know it would cure you?

I speak as someone who also wishes they had both btw - but I'm fairly certain I would find something else to be miserable about

also society is horrible so even if my mental state were normal and euthymic I'd still want out
Because that's my reason for being depressed lol. Seems only logical that being a person of the opposite sex and attractive with no sex/gender dysphoria would solve the depression which is caused by not being those things.

I mean I might find something else to be miserable about myself, but that doesn't mean I'll be overwhelmingly depressed. However at least I'd feel great about my appearance so that won't be bothering me.

You aren't wrong that society sucks, though :notsure:

Reactions: rationaltake and Niko66
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Some people who aren't suicidal and never have been can't understand how anyone can be suicidal.

• Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk, Sister of the Moon, Un- and 1 other person
Fakereality

Fakereality

Student
Aug 4, 2021
Just "existing" is not living one could argue that a Human is already dead when it loses all sense of individuality than it becomes a part of hive mind doing copying what others are doing obeying without any question that's what most people I have observed are like in this corporate control utopia, living pay check to pay check is not life but glorified slavery. A simple Honey bee is way more alive than an average human could ever be.

Reactions: Niko66, Journeytoletgo, Zzzzz and 1 other person
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
Anyone who thinks life is inherently good is absolutely delusional.

Reactions: Astral Storm, Élégie, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
You're making the same fallacy that pro-lifers make when they think anyone who is suicidal must be delusional. If you can't understand another person's wishes, it's a sign that you're out of touch.
If I wasn't physically and mentally ill, had more belief in myself and had good relationships I wouldn't be here. The pain of a billion invisible voices isn't as loud and clear as having a decent life directly surrounding you and it makes plenty of sense.

OP seems to have forgotten that some SS members are still trying to stay alive. I know she has her limitations, we all do, but it's not very nice of her to say that we must be delusional. This world is undeniably an ugly place full of misery & my brain tortures me on a daily basis, but there's nothing delusional about my decision to keep on fighting. My husband's support makes my pain much more bearable & my life is currently worth living, so I'm in no rush to end it.

Some people who aren't suicidal and never have been can't understand how anyone can be suicidal.

And OP is suicidal & she admits she can't understand how anyone can experience happiness & want to live. She even concluded that love can't be a good thing the other day. 🤔 I'm always outraged when someone insensitive &/or clueless tells her that she should just try & turn her perpetual frown upside down, but she appears to have something quite important in common with those who dismiss suicidal people's feelings & claim we're incapable of seeing things clearly. My intention isn't to offend her, but it would do her good to realize she's every bit as subjective & prone to bias as every other human being...

Reactions: y0dha, Élégie, GentleJerk and 5 others
NotSureToEndure

NotSureToEndure

Professor of not a lot
Aug 17, 2020
Depends what is meant by delusional..

I think there's alot of cool shit in the world so I can totally understand why many people want to live as long as they can.

I also understand that some of us don't want to continue, but surely you can see that there are things that people find meaningful.

I sometimes get real low, feel like 'this is it', 'I'm going next week etc'.. Then I might snap back for abit and begin to enjoy things again.

However I'm feeling I try not to begrudge those who seem to be enjoying themselves. After all, I'd rather some people were enjoying some things, even if there is a lot of bad shit going on.

Might as well eh. We'll all be dust some day 😜

Reactions: rationaltake, Niko66, Sunset Limited and 1 other person
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
I'm sorry life has been nothing but suffering for you.

I can empathise. The vast majority of my life has been - and still is - miserable. I have experienced good times too, fleeting glimmers of hope for a brighter future. Ultimately, those sparks have dissipated, and I'm left with the bleak reality. I stare at it straight in the eyes day after day, yet lack the courage to carry out that final act. And while I stay, shackled by my own fear, I watch myself deteriorate and tell myself I need to leave.

I agree that there's a lot of pain in the world, a lot of needless suffering and destruction. It's unfair, unpredictable and unrelenting at times in its ruthlessness.

However, I don't think that people who want to live are delusional. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting life, and striving to survive. Not everyone leads a terrible, unwanted existence. There are those who enjoy life, and others who at least want to try to build a better one for themselves. That includes some members here. I support that. I support people's choices and autonomy ultimately in whatever they do, but I wish for the best for other people when they want that and if it is a possibility for them. I am happy for people who can recover and lead a fulfilling life.

Even in my situation, I have had to come to terms with the fact that I don't want to die. I just can't continue living like this. If there was an opportunity to get better, if my options had not been exhausted already, I would take it. I understand not everyone shares that outlook, and that's okay. I respect that, and those who stay and those who choose to (or need to) leave.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, GentleJerk, _Minsk and 8 others
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
OP seems to have forgotten that some SS members are still trying to stay alive. I know she has her limitations, we all do, but it's not very nice of her to say that we must be delusional. This world is undeniably an ugly place full of misery & my brain tortures me on a daily basis, but there's nothing delusional about my decision to keep on fighting. My husband's support makes my pain much more bearable & my life is currently worth living, so I'm in no rush to end it.

And OP is suicidal & she admits she can't understand how anyone can experience happiness & want to live. She even concluded that love can't be a good thing the other day. 🤔 I'm always outraged when someone insensitive &/or clueless tells her that she should just try & turn her perpetual frown upside down, but she appears to have something quite important in common with those who dismiss suicidal people's feelings & claim we're incapable of seeing things clearly. My intention isn't to offend her, but it would do her good to realize she's every bit as subjective & prone to bias as every other human being...

That's a fair point. It is understandable why someone might choose life over death. I wouldn't say that is a delusional thing in itself.

Reactions: rationaltake and Sunset Limited
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
I do not agree. I've met happy people. I believe that someone can be rational in rejecting life. Someone who loves life and living can also be rational. Choosing life is also included in my pro-choice concept. I am not keen on getting involved in the singularity world of a pro-lifer.

Reactions: rationaltake
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that my post did not meet up to the exceptionally high standard of posts that some others have. After all, it was a just a way to pass the time writing that. I've never been the best at writing. I do not even think that happiness even exists, most of these 'happy people' are probably just pretending in front of others. This life holds unlimited potential for suffering after all, and things could easily get so much worse.

Someone in the world is likely experiencing the most severe pain and the terrifying thing is that could happen to any of us. Life is objectively suffering and to hold a positive view of life overall, is delusional. Being positive does not reflect the reality of this existence. There is nothing wrong with wanting to live though, it is a personal choice, if people do want to, then good for them, but I will never understand it. The worst part is in this horrible world, the society tries to force us to live. Euthanasia really should be legalised. Life is completely meaningless after all.
(I just had more thoughts on this topic)

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Astral Storm, GentleJerk and 5 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I'm sorry that my post did not meet up to the exceptionally high standard of posts that some others have. After all, it was a just a way to pass the time writing that. I've never been the best at writing. I do not even think that happiness even exists, most of these 'happy people' are probably just pretending in front of others. This life holds unlimited potential for suffering after all, and things could easily get so much worse.

Someone in the world is likely experiencing the most severe pain and the terrifying thing is that could happen to any of us. Life is objectively suffering and to hold a positive view of life overall, is delusional. Being positive does not reflect the reality of this existence. There is nothing wrong with wanting to live though, it is a personal choice, if people do want to, then good for them, but I will never understand it. The worst part is in this horrible world, the society tries to force us to live. Euthanasia really should be legalised. Life is completely meaningless after all.
(I just had more thoughts on this topic)
You actually write very well.

You don't understand why people want to live. A lot of people in the world would not understand why you don't want to live.

Different experiences of life. That's all.

Reactions: Sister of the Moon and Niko66