• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
I can personally never understand those who want to live, to me it does not make that much sense to want to exist in a world where there is so much suffering and where things can easily get so much worse. Life is very cruel and unfair, it is a completely unnecessary and pointless experience. To me, non existence will always be preferable to any kind of life, as for me life itself is the problem. When we are dead, nothing can hurt us, there is no more us, there is simply nothing and nothingness is what I want.

I feel like if there is anything positive in life, it will eventually just lead to more pain when that thing is lost. Having hope will just mean we will suffer more. This is why life is only suffering, to feel positive about life is delusional, as life itself is very depressing. I could never want to live in a world where so much pain exists. All that humans have to look forward to is old age and then they will just die eventually. Our only true purpose as humans is to die. Why try to force people to live in a world where we suffer for the sake of it. It is cruel.

I feel like if there was an option to completely disappear and erase our existence completely, most people would probably take it. So many people seem to be trapped in such unsatisfying lives, you hear of people complaining all the time, being stressed and yet people still carry on with their lives. This could be because it is what they are used to, they fear death, ctb is so difficult and they feel a need to stay alive for others. From what I hear and read, life generally does not seem to be a positive experience for people.

I could never want to live no matter what, that would be impossible for me. I can find something wrong with nearly everything. I just want the peace that death brings and to forget about this life. Every day I have the same thoughts about how pointless everything is. I exist only to suffer.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Astral Storm, ShornSoloists and 37 others
hankbank3928

hankbank3928

Student
Dec 30, 2021
I don't know why they can't just make euthanasia legal. I think so many people would take that option it would be shocking.

Reactions: Efilismislife, houseofleaves, _Minsk and 8 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
too much wrong with life itself to many failing i know life is short but i want to die, whats the point of bring children into world when one day they be gone forever its a tragic situation if you really love someone why would you make them face there certain demise, you can't really love someone if you bring them alive just to be killed off in no time at all

Reactions: Astral Storm, peacefulpassing and Rogue Proxy
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I don't know why they can't just make euthanasia legal. I think so many people would take that option it would be shocking.
That's why. Death = less people to pay taxes. Not very profitable for them.

• Yay!
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, houseofleaves, Null Hypothesis and 7 others
hankbank3928

hankbank3928

Student
Dec 30, 2021
That's why. Death = less people to pay taxes. Not very profitable for them.
That's the harsh reality of it. The government needs people to be their wage slaves to keep the machine going.

• Aww..
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, houseofleaves, dtjb and 6 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It's a terrible world, no doubt about that. I think some people can compartmentalize better than others and keep the state of the world separate from their own. Maybe they're onto something. Forget about everyone else and just worry about yourself.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Astral Storm, GentleJerk, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
It always cracks me up when someone is talking about a dark time in their life and mentions how they "almost considered suicide!'. Way to remind me how out of touch I am with most people's mindset, I can hardly remember the last time I didn't consider suicide without being loaded on some Class A contraband.

• Hugs
Reactions: houseofleaves, Sister of the Moon, rationaltake and 3 others
Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
This will sound mean, though it's not at all intended that way.

From your posts, it's unclear that you have experienced enough of this world to support your conclusion. The fact that people in very difficult life situations/environments nevertheless strive to live, improve their lives, and appreciate whatever good moments appear in life, which may be few and far between, suggest your statements are completely wrong as a general matter (conceding of course that there are some individuals for whom life can only be bad and get worse).

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: rationaltake, motel rooms, LastLoveLetter and 8 others
CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022

From your posts, it's unclear that you have experienced enough of this world to support your conclusion. The fact that people in very difficult life situations/environments nevertheless strive to live, improve their lives, and appreciate whatever good moments appear in life, which may be few and far between, suggest your statements are completely wrong as a general matter (conceding of course that there are some individuals for whom life can only be bad and get worse).
You are forgetting that humans have inherent desire to survive no matter what, you can thank biology for that. It's where that fucking SI and those people's will to struggle comes from. They don't strive for it consciously, it's their genetics saying "Hey, you dumbass! You gotta pass us over no matter what! Keep surviving, bucko"

When FuneralCry writes her messages, l totally resonate with that. You don't know her experiences. Just because some parts in life are good, doesn't mean it is worth it. If you coat a human turd with 20% chocolate and 80% poop, it is still shit nonetheless.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Astral Storm, houseofleaves and 12 others
O

ormaybeyoucouldchill

Aug 26, 2021
The fact that people in very difficult life situations/environments nevertheless strive to live

I think they addressed that here:

you hear of people complaining all the time, being stressed and yet people still carry on with their lives. This could be because it is what they are used to, they fear death, ctb is so difficult and they feel a need to stay alive for others.

Reactions: Huntfish34
Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
When FuneralCry writes her messages, l totally resonate with that. You don't know her experiences.
My comment expressly mentioned that my impression is based on what is revealed in her comments, not her life experience, which I obviously don't know. But the comments all seem very generic and do not reveal any life experiences to suggest any underlying knowledge to support the conclusions in the OP.
Just because some parts in life are good, doesn't mean it is worth it.
This is of course subjective. For the overwhelming number of people, even those in bleak circumstances, life most certainly is worth it. We see that every day, and to question others' choice to live borders on tremendous arrogance.

So the original post, as a matter of empirics that we can observe, is pure nonsense. It's much more likely OP is delusional, not the overwhelming proportion of people who want to live.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
  • Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk, motel rooms, depressedmaniac and 9 others
MementoMori81

MementoMori81

May 1, 2022
I think that's something that worries a lot of pro-life and religious people engaged in the MARS (Medically Assisted Rational Suicide) and/or pro-euthanasia debate; "how many people would opt out if a peaceful and reliable means were made available?"

Edit: I believe a peaceful means of exit should be available for all. As the brilliant English writer and philosopher, John Stuart Mill once wrote, most succinctly;

"Over one's self, over one's own body and mind, the individual is sovereign"

Reactions: rationaltake, Hell-On-Earth and hankbank3928
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
I feel like if there was an option to completely disappear and erase our existence completely, most people would probably take it. So many people seem to be trapped in such unsatisfying lives, you hear of people complaining all the time, being stressed and yet people still carry on with their lives. This could be because it is what they are used to, they fear death, ctb is so difficult and they feel a need to stay alive for others. From what I hear and read, life generally does not seem to be a positive experience for people.
very truthful. most people live terrible lives

• Aww..
Reactions: GentleJerk, Journeytoletgo, Un- and 1 other person
Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
I think that's something that worries a lot of pro-life and religious people engaged in the MARS (Medically Assisted Rational Suicide) and/or pro-euthanasia debate; "how many people would opt out if a peaceful and reliable means were made available?"
Euthanasia or no, people are afraid of death. You see it here even among people going through serious mental anguish. Heck, people are so afraid to even recognize their fear of death they even have a euphemism for it--SI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sister of the Moon, LastLoveLetter, Huntfish34 and 3 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022

Nailed it. Too easy.

Reactions: rationaltake and Huntfish34
O

ormaybeyoucouldchill

Aug 26, 2021
Sorry for the weird way I quoted in this. For some reason the quote function seems to be malfunctioning.
the comments all seem very generic and do not reveal any life experiences to suggest any underlying knowledge to support the conclusions in the OP.
- @YourNeighbor
From what I hear and read, life generally does not seem to be a positive experience for people.
- @FuneralCry
@YourNeighbor are you suggesting that to gain "life experience" to validate(?) herself, that instead of reading and hearing about these people, that she actually meet these people and live their experience or something?
For the overwhelming number of people, even those in bleak circumstances, life most certainly is worth it. We see that every day, and to question others' choice to live borders on tremendous arrogance.

So the original post, as a matter of empirics that we can observe, is pure nonsense. It's much more likely OP is delusional, not the overwhelming proportion of people who want to live.
- @YourNeighbor
I agree that suggesting to know if people want to live or die is arrogant/nonsensical, but I think what you're suggesting is also arrogant/nonsensical. There's nothing "certain" about what "worth" other people give to their lives. The only thing certain is that they're still alive, possibly for reasons that you suggested, or for the reasons that @FuneralCry suggested in the original post. Just because someone is alive, doesn't necessarily mean they "want to live."

Reactions: Astral Storm and pthnrdnojvsc
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
Say it like is! No holding back.

All In Win GIF by Barstool Sports

• Hmph!
Reactions: GentleJerk, lecyleclec and CloseFriendofCamus
MementoMori81

MementoMori81

May 1, 2022
Euthanasia or no, people are afraid of death. You see it here even among people going through serious mental anguish. Heck, people are so afraid to even recognize their fear of death to such an extent they even have a euphemism for it--SI.
Well, survival instinct is just a biological fact. It's why the impala runs when the cheetah takes off after him/her. A fear of death is natural, but it's also something people overcome. We are a unique species in that respect. I mean, some organisms make a sacrifice of themselves to ensure the survival of their offspring, or to ensure they get to breed (certain species of praying mantis and spider spring to mind) , but humans will do it for no other reason than they have just chosen to.

But i believe it's still true, the thing that really bothers the pro-life/religious crowd is "just how many people would opt out, if a peaceful, reliable and clean method were readily available?"

Edit: Some people do lead crap lives and soldier on, yet others choose to opt for self deliverance - ahh the rapture of free will.

• Aww..
Reactions: newave3 and GentleJerk
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
But i believe it's still true, the thing that really bothers the pro-life/religious crowd is "just how many people would opt out, if a peaceful, reliable and clean method were readily available?"
Not many, that's for sure. I don't know why efilists get a hard on imagining people want to die. It's the opposite. Almost nobody wants to die. You need to be extraordinarily miserable to consider ending your life. And that's how many of us are in here. I'm doing my best though! I might make it out of here.

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: GentleJerk, Joey, 9BBN and 7 others
MementoMori81

MementoMori81

May 1, 2022
Not many, that's for sure. I don't know why efilists get a hard on imagining people want to die. It's the opposite. Almost nobody wants to die. You need to be extraordinarily miserable to consider ending your life. And that's how many of us army best though! I might make it out of her
Possibly, possibly not - as @YourNeighbor said, empirical data and all that.
Luckily I'm not an efilist then, isn't it, and not getting a hard on for death. It would be pointless anyway, it'd be like getting a hard on for god - something else I can't substantiate.
I don't think anyone "wants to die", but I do know people choose to.
And I hope you do make it out of here. I'm new myself and seeing where it takes me. Maybe I'll make it out of here, maybe not. If I do, brilliant, if not? I've had a good innings. Though I do regret serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

• Aww..
Reactions: GentleJerk and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
Possibly, possibly not - as @YourNeighbor said, empirical data and all that.
Luckily I'm not an efilist then, isn't it, and not getting a hard on for death. It would be pointless anyway, it'd be like getting a hard on for god - something else I can't substantiate.
I don't think anyone "wants to die", but I do know people choose to.
And I hope you do make it out of here. I'm new myself and seeing where it takes me. Maybe I'll make it out of here, maybe not. If I do, brilliant, if not? I've had a good innings. Though I do regret serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.
We support your choice either way. I've always understood suicide and felt fascinated by it. But the arguments some mortalists and pessimists make are just completely deranged. The sad truth is that most people are sufficiently happy. If you try to think otherwise, that's a fragile cope you have going on. It suffices just a quick look around to observe how people around you don't want to die and are better off than you. The average user of this site is having a much worse life experience than the average. It's common sense.

Who did you kill there? Certainly something to be ashamed of, not gonna beat around the bush.

• Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk, GenesAndEnvironment, TakeMeBack07 and 4 others
MementoMori81

MementoMori81

May 1, 2022
We support your choice either way. I've always understood suicide and felt fascinated by it. But the arguments some mortalists and pessimists make are just completely deranged. The sad truth is that most people are sufficiently happy. If you try to think otherwise, that's a fragile cope you have going on. It suffices just a quick look around to observe how people around you don't want to die and are better off than you. The average user of this site is having a much worse life experience than the average. It's common sense.
Completely agree with that. I don't think there's a call for hard and fast rules either way. I wasn't always suicidal, but I think I've become more prone to it over the years.
I'd agree with you also that most people are generally happy, and just fine plodding along in life, and for that, I'm happy (for them) because I don't personally choose for my mind to work the way it does.
I mean, there are aspects of my psyche I brought on myself. No one forced me to join the military and no one forced me to deploy and as I said elsewhere, I'll have to square myself away with that, either way.

Reactions: rationaltake and whatevs
MementoMori81

MementoMori81

May 1, 2022

Who did you kill there? Certai
Edit: I believe a peaceful means of exit should be available for all. As the brilliant English writer and philosopher, John Stuart Mill once wrote, most succinctly;

"Over one's self, over one's own body and mind, the individual is sover

Who did you kill there? Certainly something to be ashamed of, not gonna beat around the bush.
Missed the last part. I am most definitely ashamed of my service, I won't beat around the bush either. I eventually refused to soldier (now a member of Veterans for peace).
A mistake as far as my life is concerned. Not a lot I can do about it know is there.

Reactions: rationaltake and Null Hypothesis
O

ormaybeyoucouldchill

Aug 26, 2021
The sad truth is that most people are sufficiently happy.
I'm not sure that's "sad." Though I'm not sure what you mean by "sufficiently happy."

It suffices just a quick look around to observe how people around you don't want to die and are better off than you.
Other than the fact that they haven't died yet, what exactly would I be "observing" that would suggest that they don't want to die? Because when I "look around," I'm usually just seeing people on auto-pilot.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
I'm not sure that's "sad." Though I'm not sure what you mean by "sufficiently happy."

Other than the fact that they haven't died yet, what exactly would I be "observing" that would suggest that they don't want to die? Because when I "look around," I'm usually just seeing people on auto-pilot.
It´s sad to see that other people enjoy life. At least to me. I´m narcissistic.

The second paragraph is easy to answer to. Laughing, their gazes, the social connections they have, how they aren´t aimless and depressed, but focused on their petty struggles for survival and ascension.

Reactions: GentleJerk, Un-, Cathy Ames and 1 other person
Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
Sounds like you're making the basic mistake of assuming only you have profound thoughts and that others don't, just because you can't observe what's in other people's minds and hearts by looking at them.

Reactions: GentleJerk and TakeMeBack07
MementoMori81

MementoMori81

May 1, 2022
It´s sad to see that other people enjoy life. At least to me. I´m narcissistic.

The second paragraph is easy to answer to. Laughing, their gazes, the social connections they have, how they aren´t aimless and depressed, but focused on their petty struggles for survival and ascension.
How do you know they're not putting it on? I'm not saying they are and you could be right, they could be well happy, by the way, but how do you know that's all how they're really feeling?

Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
I can't remember where I first heard this, or from whom, but it went something like "whatever you think the world is, you're right". And you'll find plenty of proof. I can't help but think that someone like Tom Brady is having a pretty decent time of it, and thinks the world is just peachy. I mean, I can only guess, I'm not in his head.

I'm not going to say, either, that the world isn't a complete hell for some people. Of course it is. And even without that being the case, no one escapes trauma and suffering and loss. But to go on to say the world is only suffering and pain, and that anyone who doesn't think so is delusional is just not true.

Then comes the "they're all drones" argument, that somehow we're the only enlightened ones in a sea of stupefied dupes. Psychologically I get that, driven by exceptionalism—I may be a complete fuck up, but boy am I perceptive. Maybe you are, but blanket judgement is rarely accurate, or useful.

Lastly, however we feel about anything is due to the chemical cocktail in our brains, and for most of us, has very little to do with what the objective world is like.

Reactions: Sister of the Moon, rationaltake, motel rooms and 3 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
How do you know they're not putting it on? I'm not saying they are and you could be right, they could be well happy, by the way, but how do you know that's all how they're really feeling?
Some people probably are, ye. However, if your blessed with money and looks, I'm finding it hard to believe you aren't enjoying life to some extent. I guess I personally make that assumption because I'm unhappy lacking the latter.

• Hugs
Reactions: StringPuppet