• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
did you get questioned? if so, how much?

i'm thinking about setting up an appontment with student health (uni student) and they do prescriptions. i know you're supposed to say something along the lines of "i have nausea (that is not motion sickness) give me meto pls", but i'm still a little nervous about getting questioned X) my plan was/is to set up a 30 minute session, ask about HRT, then say at the end that my old GP prescribed me meto for nausea, i forgot my old prescription at home while moving, and ask if i can get a new prescription, but i'd like to see what other people did.

so, i'd appreciate it if people could share their tales of what did/didn't work!

Reactions: Secluded2803
T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
I said what you're supposed to but was given zopidclone or however its spelt. I'll use it instead

Reactions: Sparr0w
Scacie

Scacie

She/Her
Feb 24, 2023
I said what you're supposed to but was given zopidclone or however its spelt. I'll use it instead
zopiclone? I think thats a benzo like drug that produces similar effects. It dosen't seem to bind to dopamine receptors. Im going to use zopiclone but just as a sedative, i think you probably still need an AE

T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
zopiclone? I think thats a benzo like drug that produces similar effects. It dosen't seem to bind to dopamine receptors. Im going to use zopiclone but just as a sedative, i think you probably still need an AE
Ah ok, I have 7 and was gonna take all of them. Z meds apparently aren't great but fuck it, I have enough SN. I'll try and get buccastem for AE

Reactions: Scacie
D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
Zolpuclone when overdosed is more likely to cause unpredictable behaviors, and it's not deadly at all, unless you'll do something like driving when "sleepwalking" on it, and die by accident. People eat like two or three packages in one night, and all it does to them is sending tons of unhinged text messages and making weird phone calls. I'd test how the "normal" dose works for me, and wouldn't exceed it. It also doesn't have significant anxiolytic effect, it's unlikely to help to be less afraid to ctb. In therapeutic doses it can be useful for example for jet lag, if someone doesn't have weird reactions to it.

Actually maybe saying that you had a weird reaction to it could help with getting a benzo prescription on a next visit? Like telling that after taking it you were unable to sleep at all? Could work I guess and it does happen to some people to have reactions like that.

M

missingpeace

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2023
Tried a few different doctors, fory family doc, I said I get nausea after dinner and feel like vomiting, got prescribed ondanestron, tried another one and he just said get OTC heartburn relief medication. Then I tried an online consultation to get Meto and he just said try to eat early and don't sleep as soon as you eat, also told me to get further tests. All in all have had no success getting Meto in Australia.. doesn't seem like it is easily prescribed. I'm having to make do with only the Ondanestron at this stage and hope for the best.

Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
Tried a few different doctors, fory family doc, I said I get nausea after dinner and feel like vomiting, got prescribed ondanestron, tried another one and he just said get OTC heartburn relief medication. Then I tried an online consultation to get Meto and he just said try to eat early and don't sleep as soon as you eat, also told me to get further tests. All in all have had no success getting Meto in Australia.. doesn't seem like it is easily prescribed. I'm having to make do with only the Ondanestron at this stage and hope for the best.
Ondansetron's still a very effective antiemetic, it's often used in chemotherapy to give you an idea of how effective it is. Only major difference between Metoclopramide and Ondansetron is the former is a dopamine antagonist, while the latter is a serotonin antagonist. Although if you can manage to get your hands on both, you'll further reduce your chances of vomiting.

Anyways I'm not very fond of using the story of 'my doctor used to prescribe me meto', if only because now almost, if not all of your medical records are on computer, including what medication you've been prescribed before. So I kinda get the feeling doctors could easily tell you're lying.

D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
Ondansetron's still a very effective antiemetic, it's often used in chemotherapy to give you an idea of how effective it is. Only major difference between Metoclopramide and Ondansetron is the former is a dopamine antagonist, while the latter is a serotonin antagonist. Although if you can manage to get your hands on both, you'll further reduce your chances of vomiting.

Anyways I'm not very fond of using the story of 'my doctor used to prescribe me meto', if only because now almost, if not all of your medical records are on computer, including what medication you've been prescribed before. So I kinda get the feeling doctors could easily tell you're lying.
Unless you were abroad for some time, or have enough knowledge about living abroad to be able to tell a story about having it prescribed elsewhere. I doubt those records would be transferred internationally. Bonus points if you were/are able to convincingly tell about a non-English-speaking-country. It's not narcotics or anything, so they wouldn't bother with asking you to have the records sent and translated.

Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
gah, you're right! i've seen conflicting reports on whether to say you have a headache + nausea or acid reflux + nausea, and i'm a little worried that i won't be able to play out the symptoms enough to be prescribed meto... i'd go with buying overseas or something but i have no clue how to find a good source thatd ship to NZ plus it'll take a month to ship...

once again, everyone's stories n such are appreciated! X)

W

WonderfulWeatherDIE

Got all my sources lined up.
Apr 2, 2023
I'm not getting an option to pm you.
now you can. Can you pm me the link to the online pet pharmacy in Canada? Also do you need a prescription there? Do they ship internationally?
For the meto

soontobedone

soontobedone

Leave blank
Feb 27, 2023
Try looking up Pet Pharmacy in Canada.

J

jolongone

Student
Feb 24, 2023
I'm in Australia too, you can get domperidone from the online chemist. They ship to here 🙏