N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
My grandmother don't really fathom my mental health problems. She thinks I am just lazy and that's the reason why I lost my job. When I was really young I did not take mental health problems serious either. However I am angry about adults who still have this attitude towards mental illnesses. I really could not imagine it how it feels not being able to leave the bed. I really underestimated that. But to this time I was ironically hypomanic and felt like superman.
The society's ignorance makes me mad because often these people deny the right to die too. This is too cynical.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: lobster salad, WornOutLife, rotten and 2 others
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Yeah because in her days they just put people hidden away in asylums so she didn't have to see it.

Reactions: nitrogennitrite2, Sprite_Geist, lobster salad and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think people who haven't been there themselves with mental health problems sometimes just don't quite get it and have much ignorance towards the subject. Just because it isn't a visible illness doesn't mean it is any less real. I think a right to die is a basic human right. People would want the same for their pet so why not put a suffering human out of their misery. Its inhumane how the only option (at least in my country) is to do methods that require courage, could go wrong and have to be done in secrecy as they are at risk being sent to a psych ward. Positivity and having the right attitude cannot fix all problems just like some people think.

Reactions: demuic and noname223
rotten

rotten

Student
Apr 14, 2021
Yep my parents are the same way. They can obviously see that something isn't right with me, but they just assume I'm "spoiled". Even when they were confronted by my school about this, they were very dismissive. They were given paperwork to get me help but they just threw it away. Therapy is just a "white people thing" according to them. So they like to stick to their method of yelling and hitting for fixing everything. Now look at me, I'm still living at home and I never leave. Meanwhile an old friend is moving into the nice house across the street and she's married and pregnant.

• Aww..
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah, the older people are, the less they understand mental health problems.
"Depressed? You need a job!!!!" "Sad? You're a pussy!" Thank you very much! lol

And if any of them understands that you need therapy and a psychiatrist, you might probably be better but that's not always the case, especially for me.

Reactions: noname223
ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
My grandmother doesn't understand depression at all too. She always says everybody has depression and you just need to cope with it as if it wasn't a big deal.

She can't also understand why somebody would commit suicide. That's why I can't tell her anything about my mental health.

"Depressed? You need a job!!!!" "Sad? You're a pussy!"
My granny would say:
"Depressed? You need a boyfriend!"
"Sad? You are lazy. Go out!"

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: noname223 and FuneralCry