Hunterer

Hunterer

May 13, 2024
It's not new that I realize that people don't take me seriously when I'm serious. Both at school with teachers and some staff, and in other places, like establishments, I feel like people don't take me seriously and laugh or find it funny. I really don't understand. Sometimes I wonder what's wrong. Is it the way I talk ? The way I act ? The way I look ? What is it? Maybe I'll never find out. Anyway, do you feel that way too ? Do you feel like a joke that no one takes seriously most, or all, of the time ?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ethernatuskoi, Forever Sleep, ilk and 3 others
dune_dweller

dune_dweller

Puella Aeternus
Sep 6, 2024
Do you feel like a joke that no one takes seriously most, or all, of the time ?
Yes and it's something I realized recently and it's maddening.

No one values my input, no one respects me, no one takes me at face value, everyone questions my judgment or even just general talk.

There's been times I tell someone something and they dismiss it, and then they hear the same thing from someone else and accept it.

Like just once it'd be nice to not be treated like an incompetent moron, when I know I'm secure in my level of intelligence.

• Aww..
Reactions: Ethernatuskoi and ilk
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
And then they do take you seriously and section you. That's the issue.

I wasn't taken seriously until then. I'd prefer to go back and not be taken seriously.

Really, the place I lived forced them to section me, because they were going to kick me out... yep. They kept threatening them. And low and behold, sectioned. I hate them. I hope karma gets them in THIS life. Fucking cunts.

Never trust a SOUL. EVER.

I already had trust issues before this, but yeah.. anyway, at least I'll be at peace soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ethernatuskoi
Hunterer

Hunterer

May 13, 2024
Yes and it's something I realized recently and it's maddening.
I really don't understand why we are treated this way. Is there something wrong with us that we are unable to perceive ? Whenever I give my opinion on a certain subject, people don't validate my opinion, they say I'm immature, that I'm talking shit, and blah blah blah... Either they disagree with me and don't validate my opinion, or they laugh and don't take it seriously, as is the case most of the time.

And then they do take you seriously and section you. That's the issue.
There's also this problem. Depending on what I say, people might take me too seriously and say that I have problems and need to be hospitalized for some reason. And, of course, I know that I have problems, and many of them, but I don't want to be hospitalized and end up in some kind of psychiatric hospital that will only make me even crazier, so there are certain things that I avoid talking about out loud, and I usually hide all my problems, so no one knows about my depression, my desire to ctb, among other things. The bad part about hiding your problems is having to deal with them alone. But it's better this way.

M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
I really don't understand why we are treated this way. Is there something wrong with us that we are unable to perceive ? Whenever I give my opinion on a certain subject, people don't validate my opinion, they say I'm immature, that I'm talking shit, and blah blah blah... Either they disagree with me and don't validate my opinion, or they laugh and don't take it seriously, as is the case most of the time.

There's also this problem. Depending on what I say, people might take me too seriously and say that I have problems and need to be hospitalized for some reason. And, of course, I know that I have problems, and many of them, but I don't want to be hospitalized and end up in some kind of psychiatric hospital that will only make me even crazier, so there are certain things that I avoid talking about out loud, and I usually hide all my problems, so no one knows about my depression, my desire to ctb, among other things. The bad part about hiding your problems is having to deal with them alone. But it's better this way.
No one wants to be hospitalised, hence section. I am not depressed, my mood isn't the issue. You will go insane in hospital and you're expected to put up with how they treat you. All your rights will be taken from you. You don't even get a toilet seat so you have to sit directly on it, and you have no bathroom door. They control every single thing you do.

I hide all my issues, I only told one person I thought I could trust, but they only told someone and FORCED them to section me, because this person didn't want to feel guilty about my death - it isn't because they give a shit. No one cares. And they will make things up about you when you get in the hospital to make you look insane - they've done it to me and every patient in here - to ensure you are locked away and can't contest it, because you are 'nuts'.

I am of sound mind and a calm person, but they push you in here, so the doctors have a reason to keep you in.

Never tell anyone. Ever.

The system is fucked. You cannot say how you feel. You will be treated like a baby, like you can't do things for yourself or speak for yourself.

If you ask a simple question you will be told to 'calm down', when you're not even raising your voice or tone - you are merely asking a simple question. All of these tactics are on purpose to make you look insane.

Prisoners have more rights over here in the UK in comparison to prisoners in a hospital, it is not right. So rapists, murderers, serial killers etc are treated much nicer and they have more freedom and rights than someone deemed crazy.

I hope you're able to get some peace soon, whatever you decide to do

A

avalonisburning

I've got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle
May 12, 2024
When I was younger, I was a walking punchline both in school and out. Even to adults. If they weren't joking about me, they were on the precipice of tolerating me. Yeah, they're all happy to treat you like a stray dog because you're not in with them.

graysme

graysme

Aug 31, 2024
Is it the way I talk ? The way I act ? The way I look ? What is it? Maybe I'll never find out.
When I was younger I always slouched, I was very shy and didn't look decent. I was the punching bag for everyone. When I changed my looks, and tried not to be so awkward, people started respecting me more. Now I feel on the same level, if not better, than 90% of individuals.

People are ruthless and will not tolerate someone who might be nice but doesn't act the way they expect everyone to act. It's very sad. I've never hurt someone who was shy and awkward, I find these people sweet most of the time.

Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
Prisoners have more rights over here in the UK in comparison to prisoners in a hospital, it is not right.
Where I live the situation is the same. I've seen criminals receiving better treatment than patients in psychiatric wards and all because the system is fucked up and unfair. I've seen criminals receiving perks, like good food, books, and even TV and cell phones, which is absurd. You will only get adequate treatment if you have the financial means here. Otherwise, your stay in a psych ward, hospital, or some other government shit will be horrible.
Yeah, they're all happy to treat you like a stray dog
Btw, I don't understand why people have to be intolerant towards each other all the time, and often, because they think it's funny, while the person who is suffering doesn't think it's funny. I know what this is like because I was once bullied and never had the chance to fight back. If I had known that my life would be like this nowadays, back then I would not have hesitated and would have taken revenge on the people who bothered me because I would have nothing to lose......