flower child
Jan 5, 2019
:(

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Thisisme373, snowman626 and 5 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
"'I just hope that by sharing his story, I can encourage people to talk more about their mental health and stop other kids going through what Jack has.'"

If she doesn't want other kids to go through this, why force her son to? He's going to be like this for decades and most likely be shoved into a ridiculously expensive care home giving him minimal care.

Cases like this break my heart. I can't sven imagine the pain he's going through...

Reactions: lmon, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Thisisme373 and 18 others
Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
Patientenverfügung!

Living will given to the relatives

Reactions: agateaqua, Redt2go, Hopeless_soul and 2 others
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
I am honestly wondering if his reason to suicide was a smothering mother going against his wishes constantly. Grim...

Reactions: lmon, enigmática saudade, agateaqua and 15 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I am honestly wondering if his reason to suicide was a smothering mother going against his wishes constantly. Grim...

Interesting insight.

I also wonder about Bourdain's mother: she was quoted as saying he was "the last person" she ever thought would commit suicide. My thought when reading this was, "lady, your son was on heroin for years, married twice, apparently actively self destructive throughout his life, on his third woman..."

I know there is always an element of shock whenever anyone takes their life, no matter how fucked up their history, but to say that about her son shows she didn't know him too well. And I wonder if that was part of the problem with him-he was in too deep with Argento (that narcissistic pig), probably as a result of deep seated Mother issues.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Boxoftools, littlelady774 and 6 others
Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
Interesting insight.

I also wonder about Bourdain's mother: she was quoted as saying he was "the last person" she ever thought would commit suicide. My thought when reading this was, "lady, your son was on heroin for years, married twice, apparently actively self destructive throughout his life, on his third woman..."

I know there is always an element of shock whenever anyone takes their life, no matter how fucked up their history, but to say that about her son shows she didn't know him too well. And I wonder if that was part of the problem with him-he was in too deep with Argento (that narcissistic pig), probably as a result of deep seated Mother issues.
Additionally those chefs are under high pressure and stress.

Reactions: Redt2go, Lifeisatrap, Whatiwantiswhatiwas and 2 others
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
pri_57750942.jpg

stare.gif

Look at her!

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, justwannadie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 8 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Additionally those chefs are under high pressure and stress.

True. I read about one chef who took his life because he was about to loose a Michelin.

But Bourdain had everything and wasn't currently under pressure career wise-the world was his oyster. I think Argento did him in, was the final straw in a rich but troubled life.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
Interesting insight.

Damn! That's actually a really good point. Bourdain's death really bothered me. He was such a bad ass. Him CTBing is like when the fun person leaves the party. It's like, fuck. If you're leaving, I don't want to stay!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sick Boy, Redt2go and 4 others
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
This is why we need robust euthanasia legislation, so this man can blink himself towards the death he wants. In a manner his mother can't interfere with. This is so many levels of wrong.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, Walilamdzi, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 23 others
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Interesting insight.

That's what I'm saying. Most parents like to live in a delusional sense of reality. Willfully blind to obvious problems their children have because it's easier to turn the other cheek and pretend the problems don't exist than to face them at the time they present themselves. It's understandable people don't want to believe their children have problems because children are an extension of themselves but it's unrealistic in our world to ignore problems and believe they will go away. That's why the world is shit like it is now.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Master Atsu, Redt2go and 11 others
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
At some point we have medicalised death into the enemy, and lost sight of quality of life along the way.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, snowman626 and 12 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
That's what I'm saying. Most parents like to live in a delusional sense of reality. Willfully blind to obvious problems their children have because it's easier to turn the other cheek and pretend the problems don't exist than to face them at the time they present themselves. It's understandable people don't want to believe their children have problems because children are an extension of themselves but it's unrealistic in our world to ignore problems and believe they will go away. That's why the world is shit like it is now.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
At some point we have medicalised death into the enemy, and lost sight of quality of life along the way.
If only society was better at accepting death as being natural and didn't fear it, people would be able to live much more fulfilling and happy lives.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Master Atsu, Redt2go and 6 others
suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
She is fucking smiling. I have no words to express my hatred, rage and disgust for her. He is living a nightmare. And she is fucking smiling. She is fucking smiling.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, GenesAndEnvironment, Anguisette and 23 others
LongSeason

LongSeason

Dec 14, 2018
That's why I'm going to make it clear in my note that I don't want to live as a vegetable in case something went wrong.
His mother is a fucking monster.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, GenesAndEnvironment, Ch92921 and 17 others
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Shit like this terrifies me. Cant imagine going through living like that the rest of my life.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Thisisme373 and 11 others
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
That's why I'm going to make it clear in my note that I don't want to live as a vegetable in case something went wrong.
His mother is a fucking monster.

I doubt that will be honored, you may want to look into how to set up a living will.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go and 12 others
killing me softly

killing me softly

don't wake me, i plan on sleeping in
Dec 28, 2018
I doubt that will be honored, you may want to look into how to set up a living will.

there was a thread about living wills/DNRs the other day and the general consensus (from professional experience, research) is that they are likely to be ignored in the case of suicides, sadly.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go, therhydler and 4 others
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
there was a thread about living wills/DNRs the other day and the general consensus (from professional experience, research) is that they are likely to be ignored in the case of suicides, sadly.

Well that is grim to learn.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go and 6 others
GhostedToast

GhostedToast

Wants to disappear
Sep 25, 2018
:( they should really let him go and let him be in peace

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler, 15dec and 6 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
It's strange but she's not a monster. I know another mother in this situation. To her, her child should not be dead. She can't comprehend much beyond be that. I think she knows he's suffering but that her love and attention can make him better. I also think that deep down she believes with enough love and attention that he'll get better some day. I myself think he should die but I also want myself to die so I'm kind of bias to death as we all are.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler, 15dec and 3 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
I really do not like how they call it a vegetative state, as they are using that term incorrectly. He still has awareness as was proven by the fact that he can answer yes or no questions by blinking.

To be in a vegetative state is defined as: A chronic state of brain dysfunction in which a person shows no signs of awareness.

He is aware just basically is locked inside himself. Probably screaming at someone to kill him already. The mother seems cold and callous to the damage she has done. I understand wanting to save your child and obviously you would rush to try and help them but at the same time.... You know what, I don't know. I will digress.

I guess I can't understand how she thinks or seems to think she did something so great and still has her child that is beyond all misery now. More than before.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Master Atsu, lululoo and 9 others
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
This is one of the things that gives me more fear of hanging, the news says that it used hanging, do you know why it failed? Did you find it too soon? I do not want to fail with full hanging.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Master Atsu, sif and 6 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
This is one of the things that gives me more fear of hanging, the news says that it used hanging, do you know why it failed? Did you find it too soon? I do not want to fail with full hanging.

He was found too soon.

bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
This and using poorly thought out methods are the two primary reasons for failure. And it's the number one reason for failure with a good method. If you MUST CTB and cannot find a way to survive...you owe it to yourself to choose a proper method and location. People are all terrified of being this guy...but then go do dumb stuff that causes it. Sometimes this happens because people in such crisis they can't think straight at all and make desperate moves...but quite often I see people planning for unreliable situations and it just makes me sick at my stomach when they won't listen to people or don't seem to take the warnings seriously.
That's why suicide should be legal and assisted with proper medical professionals. If people are going to kill themselves better they be killed off properly than left as a vegetable their entire life making someone else have to wipe their ass every day. People are just too damn softed these days and can't handle logic over emotion.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Master Atsu, hunter_lewis and 8 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
That's why suicide should be legal and assisted with proper medical professionals. If people are going to kill themselves better they be killed off properly than left as a vegetable their entire life making someone else have to wipe their ass every day. People are just too damn softed these days and can't handle logic over emotion.

I concur and I also think about the indignity of the person who now has to be a prisoner forever in their own body. (that they didn't want or ask for anyway)

L

Lifeisatrap

Arcanist
Oct 5, 2018
It's strange but she's not a monster. I know another mother in this situation. To her, her child should not be dead. She can't comprehend much beyond be that. I think she knows he's suffering but that her love and attention can make him better. I also think that deep down she believes with enough love and attention that he'll get better some day. I myself think he should die but I also want myself to die so I'm kind of bias to death as we all are.
That's what love looks like, looks more like torture. What ever happened to the saying if you love someone set them free? If love makes you this selfish and blind to the suffering of others then give me hate.

• Love
Reactions: purplemoon, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go and 7 others