• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Does anyone else think that they have pathological demand avoidance? It's not an official diagnosis but I'm pretty sure that I have it. It's usually comorbid with autism and anxiety (both of which I've already been clinically diagnosed with)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and derpyderpins
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Does anyone else think that they have pathological demand avoidance? It's not an official diagnosis but I'm pretty sure that I have it. It's usually comorbid with autism

The mental health people like to invent new diseases out of nothing. It keeps them in a job. They like to take perfectly normal behavior and pathologize it. It keeps them in a job.
I can't take most of this stuff seriously.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mateira, divinemistress36, jar-baby and 3 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
Interesting. I hadn't heard of it. I have tried describing the extreme mental block I sometimes get with doing tasks at work or elsewhere. People would call me a procrastinator, but that's not it. It's my brain screaming at me not to do whatever the thing is. Don't know if that is what this is, just my experience.

The question remains what your plan of action is with all of these diagnoses. The diagnosis itself is not the end, right? (On reconsideration. . . I suppose posing this issue could trigger the condition. . . tricky situation, huh?)

Last edited:
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that Pathological Demand Avoidance is a symptom, not a diagnosis itself. It's just the medical terminology for a behavior pattern that's common with ADHD & autism

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim, EvisceratedJester, soulsing and 1 other person
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Honestly, to me it sounds like a result or symptom of some other disease. But I'm not a psychologist, so I don't know the official nomenclature.

I also believe that you should not self-diagnose. This is a mistake in my opinion.
I don't even like to say I'm depressed. Theoretically, the symptoms match, but I'm not sure.
My perception may be completely distorted and I may draw incorrect conclusions.

If you still want to fight on this planet, someone from the outside should evaluate you.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Honestly, to me it sounds like a result or symptom of some other disease. But I'm not a psychologist, so I don't know the official nomenclature.

I also believe that you should not self-diagnose. This is a mistake in my opinion.
I don't even like to say I'm depressed. Theoretically, the symptoms match, but I'm not sure.
My perception may be completely distorted and I may draw incorrect conclusions.

If you still want to fight on this planet, someone from the outside should evaluate you.
I don't want to fight on this planet. There's nothing here for me

• Aww..
Reactions: derpyderpins