drake4871

drake4871

The restless
Sep 10, 2019
So my parents are apparently tracking me... I skipped University to grab weed (Classes are recorded I can view them whenever) and got a text basically saying I wasn't at school. I'm fairly sure it's my car being tracked.

However, knowing them if I disable the tracker they'll say there should be nothing to hide so it shouldn't bother me.

I'll probably just CTB this week and make everyone's life easier

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
If you're in university why are they treating you like a child?

Reactions: autumnal and Halo13
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I assume that either one of a few possibilities: Some parents are helicopter parents (mine were and to some degree, still a bit) meaning that they will try to regulate every aspect or as much as they can of their child's life. Also, if the OP is still receiving financial and/or other support from parents, then OP's parents may have a stake in the claim that their child is still dependent on their support, thus giving themselves the authority to meddle in their child's life. I don't really agree with the meddling though, but those are the likely reasons of why the OP's parents are tracking him.

Reactions: autumnal and Lostandfound7
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
It may be your phone too. If you have an iPhone and you have share location on with specific people that is how they are tracking you. That can be turned off. That is crap that they are tracking you.

Reactions: autumnal and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

Fuck that, make it harder for them to be controlling and abusive. Turn the trackers off, act like nothing is different in your world, and watch for their reactions -- that's power.

Do as you see best, I don't live your life, I'm just a random person on the internet. But I don't know them either and wouldn't be scared if I did, so plug your ears if you need to:

FUCK THAT BULLSHIT, YOU LITTLE RUNT BULLIES! LEARN TO CONTROL YOU!

Reactions: autumnal and toodeep
drake4871

drake4871

The restless
Sep 10, 2019
They've always assumed I know nothing, so it's justly fair to assume I'm a child in their mind

I assume that either one of a few possibilities: Some parents are helicopter parents (mine were and to some degree, still a bit) meaning that they will try to regulate every aspect or as much as they can of their child's life. Also, if the OP is still receiving financial and/or other support from parents, then OP's parents may have a stake in the claim that their child is still dependent on their support, thus giving themselves the authority to meddle in their child's life. I don't really agree with the meddling though, but those are the likely reasons of why the OP's parents are tracking him.
You're right, I still live with them so yeah. I have the money but I was just going to CTB and let them keep it, but I have enough to live on my own for at least a year worry free. Dunno if I should just move out lol

Fuck that, make it harder for them to be controlling and abusive. Turn the trackers off, act like nothing is different in your world, and watch for their reactions -- that's power.

Do as you see best, I don't live your life, I'm just a random person on the internet. But I don't know them either and wouldn't be scared if I did, so plug your ears if you need to:

FUCK THAT BULLSHIT, YOU LITTLE RUNT BULLIES! LEARN TO CONTROL YOU!
Honestly they're part of the reason i'm CTBing but I could've been raised worse, especially with what I've read lol. But thank you, I already disabled it :)

theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
Is this primarily what is making you feel suicidal? Have you tried talking with them at all? Its ridiculous that they're tracking you like this. They don't have a right whether you live with them or not.

But maybe you could sit down and tell them how much it hurts you. See if they are willing to stop. No,tell them to stop. Don't ask. Tell them you appreciate that they help you out financially and let you live under their roof,but you're an adult now and need privacy. Make sure they understand that.

If this is the primary reason you feel suicidal,please give talking to them a chance.

Feel free to reply if you need someone to chat with.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: drake4871, Thereisnothing and GoodPersonEffed
drake4871

drake4871

The restless
Sep 10, 2019
It may be your phone too. If you have an iPhone and you have share location on with specific people that is how they are tracking you. That can be turned off. That is crap that they are tracking you.
Sorry! I thought I replied to this, but my phone is fine I hope... I checked over all the apps and security measures to see if I made a mistake. Thank you though

Is this primarily what is making you feel suicidal? Have you tried talking with them at all? Its ridiculous that they're tracking you like this. They don't have a right whether you live with them or not.

But maybe you could sit down and tell them how much it hurts you. See if they are willing to stop. No,tell them to stop. Don't ask. Tell them you appreciate that they help you out financially and let you live under their roof,but you're an adult now and need privacy. Make sure they understand that.

If this is the primary reason you feel suicidal,please give talking to them a chance.

Feel free to reply if you need someone to chat with.

Sorry I'm a lot better now, just had to vent real quick lol. I've wanted to CTB for awhile so no this isn't on impulse, but more of a push to kinda get my shit together and get outta this planet

They are not the primary reason, that's why i'd rather leave them be to do whatever. Cause it won't matter soon enough, it was just so disappointing that they'd track me like that. I've also already talked to them, however it being a "Catholic household" with divine laws like "Honor your parents" I've become accustomed to reason/logic being useless in this household

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
You're right, I still live with them so yeah. I have the money but I was just going to CTB and let them keep it, but I have enough to live on my own for at least a year worry free. Dunno if I should just move out lol

Honestly they're part of the reason i'm CTBing but I could've been raised worse, especially with what I've read lol. But thank you, I already disabled it :)

Hate to see you end your life because they don't let you live it. There is always worse, but your experience is yours, and if it hurt you, it hurt. I'm not being trafficked in a brothel in Thailand thank God, and I hurt for the victims, but I can't do anything to rescue them, I have (try) to rescue me.

Do you think you would enjoy living on your own, out from under your parents' watchful eyes, and be free to succeed and make mistakes?

If they think you're so incapable, they can think that in their house while you succeed in yours. From experience: do not get give them a key!

You are getting a lot of love, support, and good advice on this thread, I hope you find something that serves you. I wish forums had existed to support me when my parents were such controlling dicks. Folks here see your autonomy, capability and worth, I hope you can feel some of that and see such things in you. And hey, if you move out, you can fuck up in private, and if you still want to ctb, the logistics will be much more manageable. :)

If you stay and ctb, will you at least hide the money and leave it where someone worthy of it can have it, like a friend who needs it to move out from another shit living situation?

Okay, I'll quit trying to run your life now. I know you're capable! I need to deal with mine, right? :haha:

I've also already talked to them, however it being a "Catholic household" with divine laws like "Honor your parents" I've become accustomed to reason/logic being useless in this household

There's also a Bible verse about parents not pushing their kids to ctb...or at least not pushing their kids and being unreasonable jerks. For real, it's in there. I think it would make a nice magnet and key chain and coffee cup and screen saver and t shirt and hat and printed on the butt of yoga pants.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Secrets1 and drake4871
drake4871

drake4871

The restless
Sep 10, 2019
Do you think you would enjoy living on your own, out from under your parents' watchful eyes, and be free to succeed and make mistakes?
I should mention I've lived on campus before and it was pretty great haha

You are getting a lot of love, support, and good advice on this thread, I hope you find something that serves you. I wish forums had existed to support me when my parents were such controlling dicks. Folks here see your autonomy, capability and worth, I hope you can feel some of that and see such things in you. And hey, if you move out, you can fuck up in private, and if you still want to ctb, the logistics will be much more manageable. :)

If you stay and ctb, will you at least hide the money and leave it where someone worthy of it can have it, like a friend who needs it to move out from another shit living situation?
Okay, I'll quit trying to run your life now. I know you're capable! I need to deal with mine, right? :haha:
Sorry to hear that your parents did the same thing, and that's a good point I'll have the freedom to CTB peacefully. I'll probably give the money to them tbh, I do owe them a lot; regardless of how I feel

There's also a Bible verse about parents not pushing their kids to ctb...or at least not pushing their kids and being unreasonable jerks. For real, it's in there. I think it would make a nice magnet and key chain and coffee cup and screen saver and t shirt and hat and printed on the butt of yoga pants.
Haha, I find that hard to believe but I'll take your word . Thank you

S

SettOne1994

Student
Jan 30, 2020
And i guess that must be your father in that picture of yours?
xD

• Love
Reactions: drake4871
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Haha, I find that hard to believe but I'll take your word .

I smell fertilizer in your comment and in this thread. I'm not planting any more comforting flowers and healing herbs. I acknowledge to myself and to you that you are capable of tending your own garden.

Take care.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: drake4871 and Secrets1
drake4871

drake4871

The restless
Sep 10, 2019
And i guess that must be your father in that picture of yours?
xD
Honestly probably looks like me on a Monday :)

I smell fertilizer in your comment and in this thread. I'm not planting any more comforting flowers and healing herbs. I acknowledge to myself and to you that you are capable of tending your own garden
Regardless, thanks for watering my plants when I forgot to water my own

GreyMoonie

GreyMoonie

Jan 29, 2020
So my parents are apparently tracking me... I skipped University to grab weed (Classes are recorded I can view them whenever) and got a text basically saying I wasn't at school. I'm fairly sure it's my car being tracked.

However, knowing them if I disable the tracker they'll say there should be nothing to hide so it shouldn't bother me.

In my opinion you should just find it and disable it. It's your life and your car I'm presuming

benjaminbusdriver

benjaminbusdriver

Mar 5, 2020
Sell the phone. Say you lost it. Get a job so you have some financial freedom. Cut ties with your parents. If you're 18, you're an adult. They should have no right to track you. If that's a condition for your tuition, that's a choice you need to make. Are you accepting it because you like the perks? Remind your parents that 18 year old boys stormed the beaches of Normandy and never came back. You should be able to live your life unsupervised. Time to man up, cut the ties and show them you're a big boy now.

• Love
Reactions: autumnal and GoodPersonEffed