• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
My parents do not trust me with our guns anymore, which makes me pretty sad.
They know I'm depressed, and I made a stupid move and that's why they no longer trust me.
We have two long rifles, two handguns, but for this christmas I was kinda planning on asking them for a shotgun.
I don't know what it'll take, we'll probably have to have a talk / sit-down about this.

I'm worried this will worry them.
I have a few options. I could ask them for it just for target practice, maybe try to re-connect with my dad over the winter, like we used to, I could convince them it's for hunting, or I could wait an excruciating time before I am able to buy it myself.

Hunting seems like the most legitimate option, as I expressed my hopes to get my hunting license since a lot of people do that here. Just still, the gun thing worries me.
If my parents turn it down, it could create another level of distrust between us.
I can't wait any longer.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Ultimately you're wanting the shotgun to suicide?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It's possible, I can't be sure.

First, sending compassion for your struggles.

I think if you talked them into it and then you killed yourself with the gun, that's not something they could overcome. They would feel complicit in your suicide. Can you image from your dad's perspective having spent time bonding and then in retrospect recognizing having been used, manipulated and betrayed?

I don't mean to guilt trip you for wanting to ctb, but to broaden your perspective about your approach. It's a bit myopic right now I think.

:hug:

Reactions: Kat!
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
First, sending compassion for your struggles.

I think if you talked them into it and then you killed yourself with the gun, that's not something they could overcome. They would feel complicit in your suicide. Can you image from your dad's perspective having spent time bonding and then in retrospect recognizing having been used, manipulated and betrayed?

I don't mean to guilt trip you for wanting to ctb, but to broaden your perspective about your approach. It's a bit myopic right now I think.

:hug:
Yeah. I thought about that a lot.
I could definitely just wait and get it myself I guess. Thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
If you're the nerdy type, try asking for one for collector's purposes ? It worked fairly well for me for many years.

Reactions: Kat!
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
If you're the nerdy type, try asking for one for collector's purposes ? It worked fairly well for me for many years.
jeez man I WISH I could.
I used to have an awesome airsoft collection and I was just about to get a cool AK before shit went down. All of them are gone and so is my gear.
Idk a shotgun for collection purpose would sound really weird to my parents.