GettingOut

GettingOut

I'm not worth any tears
Aug 16, 2022
I agree with you, to a point. But are you perfect? Have you never said something in anger or frustration you've come to regret? Many parents might not have been ready to have children, might have been a drunken mistake, condom broke, whatever. That doesn't make their words less hurtful or damaging, agreed. Just trying to see both sides.
I never claimed to be perfect. Due to my childhood trauma, I know I would never be able to provide the loving, secure and stable life a child needs to grow up on. Therefore I act responsibly so I can avoid procreating at all costs.

Adults who put themselves in the position to become parents, should also be willing to change their lifestyle and habits so that the child has the best chance in life. Unfortunately the majority of parents care more about themselves than about their children or they aren't willing to learn the skills a parent needs.

The two sides are either parents wanting their children to succeed, or ignorance is bliss and the children pay the price.

• Love
Reactions: Sunoo
O

Oncologynurz123

Dec 16, 2021
I never claimed to be perfect. Due to my childhood trauma, I know I would never be able to provide the loving, secure and stable life a child needs to grow up on. Therefore I act responsibly so I can avoid procreating at all costs.

Adults who put themselves in the position to become parents, should also be willing to change their lifestyle and habits so that the child has the best chance in life. Unfortunately the majority of parents care more about themselves than about their children or they aren't willing to learn the skills a parent needs.

The two sides are either parents wanting their children to succeed, or ignorance is bliss and the children pay the price.
I agree. I've been on birth control forever. When bfs asked why, I respond," I don't want anyone to have to put up with my pain and genetic crap."

• Love
Reactions: GettingOut