Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
I know my parents did what they could with that they had at the moment, but I can't stop blaming them for my own shortcomings. They were very poor and they were still very adamant on having another child. My life has been nothing but intellectual and emotional poverty. They were crazy when I was a kid and i fucking blame them for a lot but of course they don't admit it. They think I was supposed to be some kind of Superman, my cousins and everyone around me is doing fucking awesome because the parents had THE MEANS for them to have a healthy childhood adolescence and eventually adulthood. Like i get it, they love me but i just don't think that's enough.

My psychologist would say I'm being a victim right now i don't care

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sadghost, Busdriver, not-2-b-the-answer and 5 others
S

stillweary

May 15, 2020
You're not wrong, though. I'm not sure what country you're from, but study after study in my country shows that parental income and neighborhood have a far greater influence on a child's "success" than aptitude or intelligence.

Your psychologist is responding to your life from a place of social naivety. Chances are, if they're working as a psychologist nowadays, they had a middle-class or better upbringing and never had to experience poverty first-hand. And if that's the case, they really can't coach you on how to best cope with it.

• Love
Reactions: Busdriver and not-2-b-the-answer
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I'm sorry about how you're feeling. Wish I could have switch my parents with you, I grew up in a middle class setting with loving parents as an only child but still want to ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Honestly I think it's just shitty reality. Nobody can ever be prepared to become a parents but people need to have kids for humanity to even exist and people won't stop wanting them.

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I know my parents did what they could with that they had at the moment, but I can't stop blaming them for my own shortcomings. They were very poor and they were still very adamant on having another child. My life has been nothing but intellectual and emotional poverty. They were crazy when I was a kid and i fucking blame them for a lot but of course they don't admit it. They think I was supposed to be some kind of Superman, my cousins and everyone around me is doing fucking awesome because the parents had THE MEANS for them to have a healthy childhood adolescence and eventually adulthood. Like i get it, they love me but i just don't think that's enough.

My psychologist would say I'm being a victim right now i don't care

I totally agree with you. My parents are poor and so am I. We will always be poor. I have cousins that are also doing better as well. They also had more money. Also I didn't get the best gene pool for brains either. I love my parents but I resent them for bringing me into this world.
I think in most cases it's very difficult to break the cycle of poverty. And if you can't get out of poverty "It's YOUR fault. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
ALSO this BULLSHIT saying of POOR BUT RICH IN SPIRIT when you are poor just pisses me the fuck off.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: I think that was made up by a rich person to try to make poor people feel better.

Reactions: Busdriver and stillweary
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
This is interesting, and I'm sorry to hear about your struggles.

I grew up middle class, we never struggled, but my parents were never around to teach me social skills or life skills. And I severely lack them now in adulthood. Sort of like they worked too hard and never showed me the ropes. Makes you wonder really what the right thing to do was. I don't want to blame them but it's clear I needed them to show me stuff.