P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
Earlier today my dad struck up a conversation about the vaccine by pfizer for covid. He mentions he's suspicious of the efficacy of the vaccine because he was told by a pharmacist that the flu vaccine is about 60% effective. I looked up the efficacy for the flu shot and he was right. I also looked up the info about other vaccines and their efficacy and how high their success rates were. I get blown up on and bitched at because i like to look up info instead of having a conversation. I don't know how to have a conversation about vaccine success rates without, you know, looking it up. I'm getting quite tired of being shit on for it, and I really just hate my dad. I mean despise him. Nothing is ever his fault, I'm just a waste to him, he looks for the worst in everything. He can't possibly fathom that people might cry when you insult them, and instead gets mad at the sheer audacity of crying near him. He likes to argue and scream at my mom, but I don't really care about her anymore. She'd always turn against you if you ever stood up for her against dad. She's a fucking snake.

I'm not really into having a fact based conversation without facts, and I've no idea how to express to him that this can't keep happening. The idea that parents are your number one supporters is a crock of shit. I trust no one now. It makes for a lonely life, but I feel more in control, which I like.
I guess I need to know if what I'm experiencing is normal. I'd talk to my therapist about it but it's been so long since we've last talked so I'm sure she hates me. Ah well.

This is basically word vomit so I apologize that my words are all jumbled; writing this has brought up intense negative emotions for me so it makes it a little harder to get my point across poignantly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Merlay and sinbound haibane
sinbound haibane

sinbound haibane

Oct 1, 2020
The way your dad is yelling, insulting others, and trying to control how they feel (or how they express it) is highly inappropriate. Many people have these kinds of relationships with their parents, but it is not "normal" (whatever that means). It sounds like you live in an abusive household. It makes sense that you are experiencing intense negative emotions, and I'm sorry you're having to go through all this.

And yeah, doesn't really make sense to talk about vaccine effectiveness without relevant data!

P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
Yeah I'm not keen on having a conversation about science if relevant facts aren't allowed to be discussed.