What would best alleviate pain, pressure, and panic in a partial suspension hanging suicide?

• Alcohol

• Prescription Drugs

• Illegal Substances

Results are only viewable after voting.
A

alfie

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
Attempted partial suspension hanging many times over the course of several years but, ashamedly, never learned to endure the mounting pressure in my head and accompanying panic as the noose tightens.

Been thinking of ways on how to induce unconsciousness just before the hanging and somehow "automate" the process so that my body falls off the stool as soon as or soon after passing out or at least partially numb the physical suffering.

The following peer-reviewed paper should give you some very granular information regarding specific duration times of each stage of hanging like loss of consciousness, convulsions, decerebrate rigidity, decorticate rigidity, etc.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/5a7d/3c38c86a8789279806f19955d9cfcffd5fe4.pdf

According to the data, loss of consciousness via hanging ranges from around 8-18 seconds. That may seem like a really short time but that can feel like an eternity when one is under pain, pressure, and panic as a result of the noose strangulating the neck.

Unfortunately, I have no access to prescriptions for drugs like sedatives so alcohol is the only option apparent to me in terms of pain, pressure, and panic alleviation. Used a short stool to stand on, a strong leather belt as a noose, and a sturdy closet rod for suspension in my attempts.

Would getting drunk enough help sufficiently numb the pain, pressure, and panic and even lead to passing out and just simply slipping off the stool? Hoping that it would override my survival instinct as well. Never tried getting drunk before an attempt, so far, but am willing to now.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas at all on how to achieve an at least relatively painless and panic-free partial suspension suicide to completion, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so very much in advance!

Reactions: ignominia, Didymus, therhydler and 4 others
Deleted member 4040

Deleted member 4040

Nov 17, 2018
dont use a belt buy a rope

Just drink 2 shots and then check how if you feel more or less courage

Reactions: alfie, GerMann, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
A

alfie

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
dont use a belt buy a rope

Just drink 2 shots and then check how if you feel more or less courage

Thanks for the heads up! What are the advantages of a rope over a belt?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, MrPopular and 1 other person
MrPopular

MrPopular

Sep 17, 2018
Interested in this. Not possible for me to buy/get rope. I'll be using a bonded leather belt where I make a loop around my neck and close the door so that the belt buckle is on the outside of the door. Will that work? I tried using the door handle using a rolled up thin blanket but the handle nearly broke. The panic is really bad. I have prescription morphine and prescription opioids. I don't want to overdose (I barely made it through chemo and don't want to suffer that way) but I don't want panic. Even with a couple opioids I find I'm still panicking when the pressure builds. Hope you find peace. How do you respond to alcohol usually?

Reactions: alfie, Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
MrPopular, if I have opioids I would try get deadly overdosed with it.

Reactions: MsM3talGamer, alfie, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
MrPopular

MrPopular

Sep 17, 2018
MrPopular, if I have opioids I would try get deadly overdosed with it.

I'm mainly just worried I suffer from the intense nausea and that it would be days before I go.

Reactions: alfie, Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
A

alfie

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
Interested in this. Not possible for me to buy/get rope. I'll be using a bonded leather belt where I make a loop around my neck and close the door so that the belt buckle is on the outside of the door. Will that work? I tried using the door handle using a rolled up thin blanket but the handle nearly broke. The panic is really bad. I have prescription morphine and prescription opioids. I don't want to overdose (I barely made it through chemo and don't want to suffer that way) but I don't want panic. Even with a couple opioids I find I'm still panicking when the pressure builds. Hope you find peace. How do you respond to alcohol usually?
You're very lucky you have access to opioids. I imagine they are very useful with pain relief... Been attempting using a bonded leather belt too. Luckily, my closet has a horizontal bar that is sturdy enough to carry my weight... Never attempted while under the influence of alcohol but will try soon. Hopefully, drunkenness will relax me and weaken my survival instinct...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and gingerplum
A

alfie

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
Guys, I'm drinking at this very moment... It's exactly 5:30 pm here as I write this... When I'm drunk, will try to catch the bus... Wish me luck... Hopefully, this is farewell...

Reactions: Didymus, DisaffectedOne, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
O

OkTotti

Wizard
Nov 6, 2018
i hope it's painless and no shame if it doesn't work out for you

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Guys, I'm drinking at this very moment... It's exactly 5:30 pm here as I write this... When I'm drunk, will try to catch the bus... Wish me luck... Hopefully, this is farewell...
Good luck, we're here with you whatever you choose or happens

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and Lifeisatrap
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
Hope you catch your peace.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and Lifeisatrap
RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
benzos...if you cant get a description order phenibut

it was once developed by the soviet union to keep the space pilots calm during the start without the help of vodka

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap