A

Arcitect

Oct 22, 2023
So, I noticed that on Samsung phones they give you the ability to "schedule send" a message. I don't know how many other people use this but I've never seen anyone actually use it. I believe this would be very helpful for CTBing as it would allow you to say your goodbyes without immediately alarming those you send them to. The schedule send texting feature (Messages App) allows you to set a time and date for a custom text to be sent. Simply key in the time and date, then the message. If your phone is POWERED ON and CONNECTED TO A CELL TOWER when this time comes, the phone sends the message. I would plan to use this feature to send the "Thanks for everything" text around when my time comes. What do you guys think? Would this be viable and/or helpful?

To find this feature simply click on the plus sign located to the left of the text message bar while in a chat. Then select "Schedule Message". This can be done in Samsung's "Messages" app. I'm not sure about other phone manufactures but I would expect a similar feature to be present.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: asian.neet, reallysleepy, Sannti and 6 others
A

Arcitect

Oct 22, 2023
Oh, I need to mention. If you for any reason decide you no longer want to send the text or need to edit it, simply click on the clock icon directly left of the message. WATCH OUT though, there is a "Send Now" option, make sure not to hit it!

Upvote 0
soulessbunny

soulessbunny

Oct 27, 2023
Oddly that actually sounds like an immensely helpful thing imo, def something to keep in mind

• Love
Reactions: Arcitect
Upvote 0
W

wanttosleep

Aug 8, 2023
Warning I tried to CTB used this feature on my pixel and i don't know if I didn't delete it or not but I swear I was sure I did it still sent a message to my boss. Thankfully I kept it vague enough to sound like I was quitting rather than CTB but had an awkward conversation with my boss this morning and having to try and explain oh it was a prank and I had the message saved on my phone and it got sent by mistake or glitch. I don't think they bought it fully but now I nervous they may find out I am trying to CTB and inform someone.

• Hugs
Reactions: UtopianSoliloquies and Arcitect
Upvote 0
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
I used this when I attempted the other day. Sent someone who I thought could handle the situation best specific instructions for where I'd left a key and what the deal would be so that my family wouldn't have to find me 3 days later. Set it to be sent after the point where I could be "saved" and then cancelled when I failed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Arcitect
Upvote 0
TiredTurtle

TiredTurtle

Oct 29, 2023
you can do this on iPhone aswell by going into shortcuts> automation

Upvote 0