• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
(I already realize there's a high chance I'm in the wrong here and feel terrible about it already, so please be gentle.)

I'm in a depression support WhatsApp that I'll leave nameless for the purposes of this post. I don't have a lot of people to share with when big feelings come up so I go there often. The group is of course recovery-centered so a lot of the posts are positive, but people post when they're struggling too. I do too, and I've sometimes mentioned suicidal ideation. The sharing guidelines state that you can mention suicidal ideation but not elaborate on any particular instances and methods as to not trigger anyone, so I do my best to follow that, and I like to think I've been successful. I mentioned something today but I think toed the line of the rule and mentioned that I'd come close to acting on impulse last night (I didn't mention how) and that I felt some regrets about it because I was feeling trapped.

Someone PM'ed me and said that this was "too much" for a recovery support group and that I ought to use 911 or 988 instead. They said they felt triggered by my posts that were heavy and frequent and that they would be blocking my messages.

I feel embarrassed and horrible all around. I hate that this apparently wasn't the first time I did this and I wasn't even realizing it. I have plenty of other spaces to share more openly (here and 988) but I became too overreliant on this group and I feel so so stupid about it. And now I just feel like I have another reason to kill myself, being a fuck up who's quite literally "too much" and apparently triggering other people constantly.

I apologized to the group and will be taking a step back, but I hate that I can't just undo the harm I caused.

• Hugs
Reactions: cetacea, lovedread, callmebyourname and 12 others
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
It's not your fault. Some people can't deal with unfiltered emotions. As long as you followed the rules of the group. It's like somebody ordering a Reuben and then complaining that there's sauerkraut on it. Sounds like the other person needs a different type of group.

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth and DyingToDie123
Felodese

Felodese

Student
Mar 31, 2024
Not a very supportive support group...

Reactions: ImTelling, AnAnonymousCrow, lixt and 8 others
U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
I think you handled it fine.

Reactions: DyingToDie123
AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021
(I already realize there's a high chance I'm in the wrong here and feel terrible about it already, so please be gentle.)

I'm in a depression support WhatsApp that I'll leave nameless for the purposes of this post. I don't have a lot of people to share with when big feelings come up so I go there often. The group is of course recovery-centered so a lot of the posts are positive, but people post when they're struggling too. I do too, and I've sometimes mentioned suicidal ideation. The sharing guidelines state that you can mention suicidal ideation but not elaborate on any particular instances and methods as to not trigger anyone, so I do my best to follow that, and I like to think I've been successful. I mentioned something today but I think toed the line of the rule and mentioned that I'd come close to acting on impulse last night (I didn't mention how) and that I felt some regrets about it because I was feeling trapped.

Someone PM'ed me and said that this was "too much" for a recovery support group and that I ought to use 911 or 988 instead. They said they felt triggered by my posts that were heavy and frequent and that they would be blocking my messages.

I feel embarrassed and horrible all around. I hate that this apparently wasn't the first time I did this and I wasn't even realizing it. I have plenty of other spaces to share more openly (here and 988) but I became too overreliant on this group and I feel so so stupid about it. And now I just feel like I have another reason to kill myself, being a fuck up who's quite literally "too much" and apparently triggering other people constantly.

I apologized to the group and will be taking a step back, but I hate that I can't just undo the harm I caused.
I wouldn't be hard on yourself, you didn't brazenly break the rule. Plenty of reasonable people experiencing depression would have done what you did (I think I would have).

• Love
Reactions: callmebyourname, Forveleth and DyingToDie123
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
For things like these is why SS exists.

I'm sorry pro-lifers.

• Love
Reactions: cetacea, pilotviolin, Forveleth and 1 other person
Zanmato

Zanmato

Apr 4, 2024
Ok, I can understand how it might trigger someone, but... Come on, this doesn't sound supportive at all!
How can they help, if people can't even fully express themself?
Don't feel "embarrassed and horrible all around" because of this.
You're already having a bad time, it was a breakdown.
It was totally normal for you to, to vent.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: soulkitty, smvrtsa, LunarLight and 4 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Fuck'em. If they don't know that depression and suicidality go hand in hand, and that severe depression can make you act in ways beyond your control, then that is not the place for you. That is why I love here so much. Most people here know how to just simpy scroll past anything they don't like.

Reactions: LunarLight, lovedread, Joarga and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Yeah, excuse you for trying to seek support from a support group.

What's next? Are you going to use a tablecloth on a table? Feed a cat cat food? Wear a winter coat in winter?

Reactions: Tobacco, fireandice347, LunarLight and 1 other person
lovedread

lovedread

Tyra Banks screaming “LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS.”
Jan 2, 2020

Theyre a piece of shit for telling u that..youre not in the wrong and u deserve support and care! Im sorry this happened to you

Reactions: ImTelling and Zanmato
lixt

lixt

Entropy guides me until death reaches me.
Dec 14, 2023
Mate, it's not your fault some members of the "support" group get triggered when you vent. That means the group is not following its purpose.

Reactions: lovedread and Zanmato
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Don't be so hard on yourself. It's not your fault.

Reactions: lovedread and Zanmato