platypusfan

platypusfan

Jun 29, 2023
Overdose by over the counter drug or hanging?

If overdose by OTC drugs, which ones?

I ask because I am stuck to where I can't use my preferred method right now and I want an option now. I can't deal with this anymore. I only have access to a normal shopping mart, so I assumed the only things I could buy would be OTC drugs or a rope. If anyone has any creative ideas please let me know.

Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
I think hanging is a pretty good method (in terms of succes rates). I'm going to do a full suspension.

Reactions: kilowatt, Praestat_Mori, MatthieuFrederickW and 1 other person
A

_apathetic

Not my mother tongue, sorry.
Oct 1, 2023
I saw a thread discussing partial hanging with anaesthetic, inhaling gas and passing out before suffocating.

I wondered why this method is rarely discussed, when this anaesthetic can be easily made with simple ingredients (or you just buy it), seems to be quite reliable.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, avaruus, MatthieuFrederickW and 1 other person
platypusfan

platypusfan

Jun 29, 2023
I saw a thread discussing partial hanging with anaesthetic, inhaling gas and passing out before suffocating.

I wondered why this method is rarely discussed, when this anaesthetic can be easily made with simple ingredients and seems to be quite reliable.
I haven't heard of this before, sounds interesting, would you happen to have a link to the thread?

Reactions: MatthieuFrederickW
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Hanging for sure.
OTC drugs are available as OTC for a reason; they are extremely safe.

Reactions: Blue Elephant and platypusfan
A

_apathetic

Not my mother tongue, sorry.
Oct 1, 2023
I haven't heard of this before, sounds interesting, would you happen to have a link to the thread?
Sure, Just browse and you'll probably find the information you're looking for.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, platypusfan and MatthieuFrederickW
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
OTC drugs aren't really a suicide method as it just fails, suicide just isn't as straightforward as od on some easily accessible drugs, if it is it would be such a relief. In comparison many people have succeeded in hanging, it could even be the suicide method that is most commonly used, I envy those people and the courage they had.

Reactions: Blue Elephant, platypusfan and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If I had to choose I'd go with full suspension hanging. OTC meds are likely to fail which only causes even more suffering.

Reactions: Blue Elephant and platypusfan