H

HaHaSoLame

Just Pretending
Oct 1, 2023
Who are you exactly? Not your physical attributes really but more so the attributes of the decision maker. The one behind your every thought and decision. The one that observes the world through your eyes. The one that compels you to be nice, or to be mean, depending on how it feels. The one behind that mask that you wear around others. What does it think? What does it want? What would it do if it was given free rein to carry out what it wants? How does it compare to the person that you act as around others? Do you even know yourself?

I'm asking here because it seems the people on this site are very open about being... open. They might be less weary to lie about themselves or be scared to even answer. Failure to even be able to be themselves freely might even be the main cause for them to be here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lostandlooking
jinx <3

jinx <3

💮she/her🏳️‍⚧️
Apr 12, 2023
I've always had trouble with this question. I feel as though I am acting, even in my own presence. It's as if there is nothing under the mask, or that what is there is so inhuman that I can't recognize it. I typically do not speak around others when in-person, due in part to anxiety, but that may also be a part of who I really am. I do change noticeably depending on whether I am around specific people, which I know is normal behavior, but it still adds to the feeling that I am never really myself. I'll occasionally talk to myself to try and sort through stuff, and I always feel as though I am playing a character for my own benefit. It's weird. Also worth mentioning that I'm trans and don't feel any attachment to my physical body or voice whatsoever, so that likely doesn't help.

If I had to answer, I'd say you are the combination of your actions and thoughts about yourself. Not entirely one or the other, but both in tandem. But idk, I haven't actually thought all that much about the question. I'll probably come up with a much better answer later, lol.

Reactions: HaHaSoLame
K

KiraX

Oct 20, 2023
My true self is jealous, spiteful.
Constantly anxious and worried
Easily angered, and selfish.

But my true self is also caring, kind.
Funny, and energetic
Awkward and dumb 😅

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm just a conscious being trapped in a decaying flesh prison wishing for the peace of nothingness. Wanting to die is all that makes sense to me, existence itself and the human species is just a terrible, unnecessary mistake, it will be a relief when this meaningless existence is finally erased.