disabledsuicidegirl

disabledsuicidegirl

Mar 3, 2021
So, I opened up to my bf yet again and politely asked him to not bring religion into it (although I love discussing religion but not in this case) and he said "Well if you have no fear, then just do it" and accused me of 'testing' our loyalty and his mom has him brain washed thinking that if you get mental health treatment on your record that's it's basically a prison sentence where no one would hire you, then he gets mad at himself/me cause I kept him up late having this discussion. And maybe I shouldn't have said anything because he's recovering from OCD but it hurts now that I know he thinks he can't be 100% honest with me and is basically pushing me over the edge even more :(

• Hugs
Reactions: TicoDK, FuneralCry, Symbiote and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Sorry to hear that.
It's certainly difficult to talk about CTB with other people. Some of them just don't get it while some others just want to send you to a psych ward asap.

For this reason, I only talk about suicide with you all.

Hope things get better somehow for you and your bf.

Hugs and love,

Matt

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Having struggles and problems of your own is not testing your loyalty in your relationship. If anything, it shows that you trust him by willingly disclosing your vulnerability.

I am not sure which country you are in (I'm assuming it's theocratic/religion has a vice grip?) but an employer shouldn't have the right to fire you over your medical records, unless it's a manual labor job where they have liability if someone gets injured.

Don't let that stop you from seeking out the things you want, if an employer would discriminate against you for talking to a therapist or taking medications, when society pushes the narrative that we MUST do those things, then they are woefully out of touch, and don't deserve you.

Reactions: Ame and Symbiote
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There really is still so much stigma towards suicidal thoughts/mental health. Unfortunately this can cause people to act abruptly when you confide in them. I think people find it hard to deal with it when somebody else is suicidal. Its why I would never be open to others. I wish you the best as nobody deserves to suffer.

disabledsuicidegirl

disabledsuicidegirl

Mar 3, 2021
we're from the USA
well he's suicidal too so he should know better