• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Just for the record. Online counselling has worked for me. The only drawback is it costs money. I use BetterHelp. Their concessionary rate which anyone can get is £36 per week.

For that you get: a huge choice of licensed therapists/counsellors and the ability to switch at will if not satisfied

One 45 minute live session per week which can be a) by text b) by FaceTime/videocall c) by voice chat. For me FaceTime on my laptop represents the best value option. You want to see them and have them see you

The ability to message back and forth during the week plus write in a journal section which you can then share with the therapist

A big choice of optional online 'group therapy' sessions on various mental health topics

Personally, I passed on the group sessions so can't attest to how effective they are

Paid therapy/counselling of some type is the ONLY way to go for ongoing adequate help/support

And BetterHelp has worked fantastically well for me at a cost that you would search long and hard to find 'in real life' (ie in person). If you did find a therapist for £35 a week you only get the one session per week, no option of groups and no messaging during the week. You have to schlep your weary ass to their office and if you don't click with them that's money down the drain, time wasted and is a big hassle finding a new one.

Now all you gotta do is find a 'spare' £36 a week right?

Sadly this is the reality. If you can't pay then their 'one size' will have to fit you. Sometimes it will sometimes it won't, either way the therapeutic help/support you receive will categorically not be ongoing and indefinite and way more dependent on the luck of the draw.

deathbylife

deathbylife

going to die soon no one cares
Jun 21, 2022
Just for the record. Online counselling has worked for me. The only drawback is it costs money. I use BetterHelp. Their concessionary rate which anyone can get is £36 per week.

For that you get: a huge choice of licensed therapists/counsellors and the ability to switch at will if not satisfied

One 45 minute live session per week which can be a) by text b) by FaceTime/videocall c) by voice chat. For me FaceTime on my laptop represents the best value option. You want to see them and have them see you

The ability to message back and forth during the week plus write in a journal section which you can then share with the therapist

A big choice of optional online 'group therapy' sessions on various mental health topics

Personally, I passed on the group sessions so can't attest to how effective they are

Paid therapy/counselling of some type is the ONLY way to go for ongoing adequate help/support

And BetterHelp has worked fantastically well for me at a cost that you would search long and hard to find 'in real life' (ie in person). If you did find a therapist for £35 a week you only get the one session per week, no option of groups and no messaging during the week. You have to schlep your weary ass to their office and if you don't click with them that's money down the drain, time wasted and is a big hassle finding a new one.

Now all you gotta do is find a 'spare' £36 a week right?

Sadly this is the reality. If you can't pay then their 'one size' will have to fit you. Sometimes it will sometimes it won't, either way the therapeutic help/support you receive will categorically not be ongoing and indefinite and way more dependent on the luck of the draw.
Thank you for posting this. I live in the US, but I still appreciate you making this information available for everyone. Very much appreciated!!

Reactions: freedompass