• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
Well, my first three attempts in one day.

And I'm still here.

Thank you to everyone who has been kind to me here. I'm so glad I found this site. I found SS AFTER my attempts, so the only thing I've ever gotten from this community is support, love, and conversations with people who actually listened and were there for me, without judgement and that made a world of difference.

As I type this, I feel a million times better than I did this same time last year, but I was also dealing with severe akathisia and literally just lost everything (job, benefits, home, belongings, etc).. so.. that makes sense. What's crazy to me is how I can feel a million times better but still bad enough to be suicidal. It's not some kind of compulsive urge to off myself, things are just still not.. good. I feel well enough to tough it out a little bit longer and I currently even feel a tiny hint of hope, I know me. I know I could very well wake up tomorrow and be right back in it like I was only three weeks ago.

I can't believe I've survived this long. I mean.. I just can't believe it. I had absolutely no doubts that I would be dead right now. None. I can't believe I survived a year of akathisia on top of hitting rock bottom with the rest of my life after a decade of already being miserable. I can't even believe neurological damage can feel like THAT. I think this is why I've developed such a fear of brain damage from failed suicide attempts. I know what brain damage can feel like and it can be a hell you never even knew existed. Not that damage from a suicide attempt would be anything similar to akathisia, but that makes you wonder what other horrifying sensations your brain is capable of. Combine whatever that is with paralysis and the inability to communicate the pain and discomfort you're in.. jesus.. anyway..

The point is, I'm still here.. still fighting. No one can say I didn't try, that's for sure.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
Congratulations! You're clearly trying very hard... You should be very proud of yourself!! I'm certainly proud of you!

Keep it up, but please be kind and gentle with yourself too...

Zhontafly

Zhontafly

Student
Jul 16, 2020
Good to have you here with us!

I too have suffered the effects of akathisia. I used to the antipsychotic Latuda and it made my life an damned unbearable nightmare. Thankfully my doc at the time, later switch me off to Haldol and the problems went away. I was so relieved and grateful.

I am happy to hear that you are having some success against it. The things that helped me against psychological issues were lots of sleep, eating properly and I even took some 5 HTP which really seemed to help.

All the best!

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Gratz on keep trying and never giving up!

I tried to CTB last August and failed pathetically. Hopefully, next year I will be successful.

Wish you the best for your future and hope you can find peace!

Hugs

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
Congrats. your story gives hope to many on this site. it's nice to hear a feel good story for once. All the best and we are with you at every step of the way.

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
Good to have you here with us!

I too have suffered the effects of akathisia. I used to the antipsychotic Latuda and it made my life an damned unbearable nightmare. Thankfully my doc at the time, later switch me off to Haldol and the problems went away. I was so relieved and grateful.

I am happy to hear that you are having some success against it. The things that helped me against psychological issues were lots of sleep, eating properly and I even took some 5 HTP which really seemed to help.

All the best!
I can't take 5-htp anymore after I developed the akathisia. I used it often in the past with no problem. I tried it when the aka was severe and it really did a number on me. When it got better, I tried it again and the same dysesthesia I felt during akathisia came back for about two weeks. I can't even take benadryl anymore.
I'm glad you didn't have to deal with akathisia very long, it's hell!
Thank you :)