• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I've seen a ghost. My mother has seen a ghost. One of my ex girlfriends has seen a lot of ghosts. I'm not just talking about hearing stuff or seeing strange stuff happen, by the way. And no, none of us were on some kind of drug at the time etc. 100% sober and healthy during those times.

Last edited:
Reactions: I've waited so long and Soon4me
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
That is no evidence of afterlife, though. Whatever you say you saw and call a ghost isn't necessarily the soul/spirit/essence/etc of a dead person. But of course, you are free to believe in whatever you want. I am not saying an afterlife is an impossibility, there is just no evidence to support it. Sightings, NDEs, etc are no evidence.

Also, someone should make an "afterlife" megathread. There are like five threads about this every day.

Reactions: skitliv and Tiburcio
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Could it be this ?
Or is that only for sounds and not apparitions.
I'm really tired at the moment so my thinking is fuzzy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Tape

I don't think so. I was on a train when it happened and the ghost was from the 1800s. And there was nothing around me that existed during the 1800s except the Earth beneath the train tracks.

Reactions: Soon4me
shattered dreams

shattered dreams

Student
Jun 5, 2018
Back in 1981, my parents bought a brand new house. It had been sold previously, but the owner died before it was finished. I lived there from 1981-2000. I had seen an old man ghost sitting on a chair in the family room many times . Since I am mentally ill, I thought it was just me and I never told anyone. Flash forward to 1999 and my dad died. My mom soon had a new boyfriend who would not spend the night. My mom said he is afraid of the ghost, who I thought she meant was my dad. She told me no, there has always been a ghost in the house that both my mom and sister had seen. I then told her I saw it too. No doubt on this one.

Now we will go to 2005 and my mom is in the hospital dying of cervical cancer. We are talking and she told me grandma is in the corner of the room coming towards her. I looked and saw nothing. She then closed her eyes and died right then. My grandma had passed away in 1996. I have no doubt grandma came and got my mom and they are together now. I also have no doubt my mom is going to come for me too, since my time is very near.

Reactions: Justanotherconsumer
Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
To me it's quite strange reading about people seeing 'ghosts' while I haven't received one single visit from my grandmother (the only family member that actually wished well on me, she died 15 years ago).
Haven't dreamed about her, haven't received a single sign about the possibility she might still be here around in one form or another. I'm 100% positive that she'd sent me an irrefutable proof of the fact that she can interact with me whenever, only if she had been given the chance to do so.

Though I'm writing this out of pure speculation, since I don't believe in an afterlife.

MrNobody

MrNobody

May 26, 2018
Some people greatly underestimate the power of the sub-conscious mind.

It sounds especially ridiculous when it comes from Christians (the majority of the people in here) because it shows how they completely misunderstand the teachings of the religion. "It is appointed for men to die once, and after this comes judgment" (Hebrews 9:27).
I will translate this - you either go to heaven, or you go to hell. There is no intermediary state.

Now back to science, a lot of "phantom presences" can be explained by the presence of the infrasound, electromagnetic waves and simply our own beliefs. Not to mention the fact that our general scientific knowledge is still limited, especially in the field of neuroscience.

Just because the Greeks thought that a thunderstorm is a sign of Zeus doesn't mean it's true. Accordingly, just because somebody thinks ghosts are real doesn't mean it's true.

The mind sees what is wants to see.

Reactions: Midnight, Smilla, skitliv and 2 others