mashka9

mashka9

Oct 4, 2023
is it possible to od on antidepressants? I take 20mg fluoxetine, and currently have just over 100 pills left, and they'd be around 2160 mg in total. Would it be possible to ctb with them? maybe with alcohol?

i can't really take any more than that, since i'm not allowed to have more than a couple months worth at a time.

justcallmeJ

justcallmeJ

<3
Nov 9, 2023
Some days ago i asked the same with 5500 mg of venlafaxine anti depressants, and then combined with alcohol. It probably just would make you sick and you puke it out.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
is it possible to od on antidepressants? I take 20mg fluoxetine, and currently have just over 100 pills left, and they'd be around 2160 mg in total. Would it be possible to ctb with them? maybe with alcohol?

i can't really take any more than that, since i'm not allowed to have more than a couple months worth at a time.
You'll just end up with serotonin syndrome, "brain zaps", psychosis, vomiting, nerve & abdominal pain, profuse sweating, tremors, cold/hot flashes, diarrhea, spasms, potential seizure (which is rarely lethal), pounding headache, vertigo/dizziness, etc.

I.e., you wont die but you will be in a lot of pain. Antidepressants generally are not very lethal even in very high doses. But serotonin syndrome is awful.

Even among more reliable drugs besides antidepressants, drug poisoning as a whole is only about 1.5% effective for ctb.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LittleBlackCat, touhoufan, sorrowful and 2 others
Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
OD's almost never work sadly. The only od's that have a very high chance are fent, H, N, cyanide, SN, SA (supposedly) and in some cases alcohol, if you fall into alcoholic coma, but since the body is so good at throwing up, many people won't achieve coma with just alcohol.

I advise against od personally.

Reactions: CaineNumbsPain and sweetgirl666
sweetgirl666

sweetgirl666

the soul of a coward wanting to leave this prison
Nov 5, 2023
antidepressants don't kill you, it's like cutting a log with a plastic knife... I'm sorry but that will only fry your brain more

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
ORAL (LD50): Acute: 452 mg/kg [Rat]. 248 mg/kg [Mouse]. you would need at least 28grams to have a 50 percent chance of dying

IsThisEverything

IsThisEverything

Nov 1, 2023
Very unlikely with SSRIs. TCAs and MAOIs are much more dangerous in overdose but are rarely prescribed.

DCLXVI

DCLXVI

I hate everything.
Oct 29, 2023

Not worth it. I take the max dose of Prozac (Fluoxetine) which is 60mg where I am, and I took an entire 3 month supply and then some, and unfortunately I'm still here. I did flatline twice, but I'm also 120lbs and 5'3 and have (mild) underlying heart issues. And clearly, I was able to be revived both times.

Last edited: