• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

decafcoffee

decafcoffee

Nov 15, 2019
Lol that last picture is from an art photography project I saw a few years ago depicting the issue of military suicide. I think I actually had that very image as one of the pictures I ordered from a photo place so I could put them on the walls of my apartment. I'm weird.
Lol that last picture in the first post is from an art photography project I saw a few years ago depicting the issue of military suicide. I think I actually had that very image as one of the pictures I ordered from a photo place so I could put them on the walls of my apartment. I'm weird.
Lol that last picture in the first post is from an art photography project I saw a few years ago depicting the issue of military suicide. I think I actually had that very image as one of the pictures I ordered from a photo place so I could put them on the walls of my apartment. I'm weird.

Last edited:
K

Kbeau

Student
Jan 17, 2021
Most of you know that shooting yourself isn't exactly rocket science. But unfortunately even this method is not fool proof and if done improperly can leave you much worse off than before.

So I'm going to show you all the no bullshit methods to shoot yourself so none of you wind up effectively lobotomized or with half your face blown off, as well as give a brief scientific rundown on why that is so you know I'm not bullshitting you.

To keep this thing short, sweet, and to the point this manual will be divided up in 2 segments: What Works, and What Doesn't.

Here we go:

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

What Works:

When you shoot yourself, your goal is always to hit the brainstem. Here are the reasons:

1. It is the most essential part of the brain and controls nearly all functions necessary for survival. Your breathing, heartrate, autonomic functions, and even consciousness itself through the Reticular Activating System.

View attachment 46772
View attachment 46773

2. The brain stem is surrounded by the largest and main arteries that supply blood to your brain like the Posterior Cerebral Artery. If the bullet or the tremendous kinetic energy pings these arteries open you are 100% done for.

View attachment 46775
View attachment 46774

Now that we established that your brainstem is the goal, let me tell you how to do it:

1. The most reliable way by far, is through the roof of the mouth. Put the barrel of your gun into your mouth directly parallel to the floor, now tilt it back at roughly a 45° angle. Steady it in your hands and squeeze the trigger. BANG! Lights out.

I created some diagrams to show the angle you are going for:

View attachment 46776
View attachment 46778

2. Though the parietal bone. This is more tricky to do with more room for error, so I don't recommend it. But you can shoot yourself from the side of your head and humanely kill yourself. I will go into how its possible to mess this up in the next section. Here is the area you're going for:

View attachment 46779
View attachment 46780

As you can see, the easiest way to achieve this angle is to place the barrel of the handgun directly above your ear, at roughly eye level. If done correctly this will also accomplish the goal of hitting the brainstem.

In conclusion for this section:

The brainstem is obviously the best way to do it. Any reasonably powerful handgun round, rifle round, or shotgun load will accomplish this feat. But by far I reccomend you use a 12 or 10 gauge shotgun with a .00 buckshot load. If you do choose a handgun round, I highly recommend using hollowpoint +p bullets to maximize energy transfer and tissue damage, and no less than the 9mm cartridge. As for rifle rounds, there aren't many hollowpoint bullets in standard rifle calibers. But pretty much any big game hunting cartridge will do it.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

What Doesn't Work:

1. Shooting yourself under the chin. Just don't do it. Please. To be honest I'm not even sure how this method became so popularly depicted as a humane way to kill yourself, seeing how many people have blown half thier face off and wound up with a life much more worse then the life they tried to end.

Here is why you should NEVER EVER shoot yourself under the chin. To fully impress upon you just how badly you can fuck this up, I feel that showing you some NSFW imagery is necessary:

View attachment 46783View attachment 46784
Really informative- thank you!

L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
In the main firearms thread, folks have posted that your chances of success are very, very good if you use a shotgun loaded with 00 buckshot. You don't need to be an ace sniper with one of those. If you manage to point one approximately at your head and pull the trigger, you will hit something, and that "something" will probably kill you.

If you still think you could miss somehow, shorten the barrel to about 18" (which is illegal in the US, precisely because a sawed-off shotgun is so effective at punching holes in human beings and so useless for anything else).

This is my go-to method to ctb, by the way. I live in the US, in a state where 2/3rds of the population goes deer hunting, no less. Getting the right equipment is cheap and easy. I suppose I'd take poison of some kind if I had to, but I'm glad I don't.

"If you manage to point one approximately..."

No. Reread the OP. In the mouth is really the only way to do it. The problem with the other ones - besides aiming wrong - is that you will be too likely to flinch.

18 inch barrel is legal in the US, but it is the minimum legal length for a shotgun barrel.

Last edited:
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
Wish I could get a gun, so quick

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
D

deathisnear

Experienced
May 23, 2021
Most of you know that shooting yourself isn't exactly rocket science. But unfortunately even this method is not fool proof and if done improperly can leave you much worse off than before.

So I'm going to show you all the no bullshit methods to shoot yourself so none of you wind up effectively lobotomized or with half your face blown off, as well as give a brief scientific rundown on why that is so you know I'm not bullshitting you.

To keep this thing short, sweet, and to the point this manual will be divided up in 2 segments: What Works, and What Doesn't.

Here we go:

What Works:

When you shoot yourself, your goal is always to hit the brainstem. Here are the reasons:

1. It is the most essential part of the brain and controls nearly all functions necessary for survival. Your breathing, heartrate, autonomic functions, and even consciousness itself through the Reticular Activating System.

View attachment 46772
View attachment 46773

2. The brain stem is surrounded by the largest and main arteries that supply blood to your brain like the Posterior Cerebral Artery. If the bullet or the tremendous kinetic energy pings these arteries open you are 100% done for.

View attachment 46775
View attachment 46774

Now that we established that your brainstem is the goal, let me tell you how to do it:

1. The most reliable way by far, is through the roof of the mouth. Put the barrel of your gun into your mouth directly parallel to the floor, now tilt it back at roughly a 45° angle. Steady it in your hands and squeeze the trigger. BANG! Lights out.

View attachment 46776
View attachment 46778

2. Though the parietal bone. This is more tricky to do with more room for error, so I don't recommend it. But you can shoot yourself from the side of your head and humanely kill yourself. I will go into how its possible to mess this up in the next section. Here is the area you're going for:

View attachment 46779
View attachment 46780

As you can see, the easiest way to achieve this angle is to place the barrel of the handgun directly above your ear, at roughly eye level. If done correctly this will also accomplish the goal of hitting the brainstem.

The brainstem is obviously the best way to do it. Any reasonably powerful handgun round, rifle round, or shotgun load will accomplish this feat. But by far I reccomend you use a 12 or 10 gauge shotgun with a .00 buckshot load. If you do choose a handgun round, I highly recommend using hollowpoint +p bullets to maximize energy transfer and tissue damage, and no less than the 9mm cartridge. As for rifle rounds, there aren't many hollowpoint bullets in standard rifle calibers. But pretty much any big game hunting cartridge will do it.

What Doesn't Work:

1. Shooting yourself under the chin. Just don't do it. Please. To be honest I'm not even sure how this method became so popularly depicted as a humane way to kill yourself, seeing how many people have blown half thier face off and wound up with a life much more worse then the life they tried to end.

Here is why you should NEVER EVER shoot yourself under the chin. To fully impress upon you just how badly you can fuck this up, I feel that showing you some NSFW imagery is necessary:

Thank you for sharing this, this is my method and all my research was confirmed with this info and pictures which I appreciate. I will be doing this in the next few months.

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Honestly this thread is so concise and clear that it should be in the Resource Compilation

@Meretlein
@Kyrok
@RainAndSadness

EDIT : Actually OP doesn't put emphasis on the fact that only handguns can be used for the parietal bone so I'm not sure.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: siray and deathisnear
deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

I want to Insert something profound here
May 30, 2021
Getting a gun is one of the main obstacles. I've got a better chance of becoming well again.

• Aww..
Reactions: UnluckyBastard, Skathon and GenesAndEnvironment
siray

siray

the crucified
Dec 28, 2018
Thank you for sharing this, this is my method and all my research was confirmed with this info and pictures which I appreciate. I will be doing this in the next few months.
Thanks for bumping this thread, I'm grateful. It summarises plenty of essential information that's in the guns megathread, especially the confusion about 45 and 15 degree angle, and where exactly to aim if one only has a handgun, and the correct location of brainstem lethal spot.

I'm glad to have found this thread because of you, I'll use this info for my successful attempt.

• Hugs
Reactions: lifeisbutadream, deathisnear and Amumu
D

deathisnear

Experienced
May 23, 2021
Thanks for bumping this thread, I'm grateful. It summarises plenty of essential information that's in the guns megathread, especially the confusion about 45 and 15 degree angle, and where exactly to aim if one only has a handgun, and the correct location of brainstem lethal spot.

I'm glad to have found this thread because of you, I'll use this info for my successful attempt.
Funny how that happens. I had researched a lot and if I had found this, I could have cut my time down immensely. I appreciate whoever shared this, because it's critically important for those of us who choose this method. I hope to do it in a few months, if you make the decision to do the same, I wish you peace friend.

Reactions: siray
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I think some people aim this way since there's no way of hitting such a small target as their brain.
I think some people aim this way because of Hollywood bullshit and lack of knowledge concerning the anatomy of the brain and the face.

Reactions: UnluckyBastard, kitty_kat, justsayin and 2 others
P

patrickbunny

Mar 22, 2022

Here we go:

What Works:

View attachment 46772
View attachment 46773

View attachment 46775
View attachment 46774

View attachment 46776
View attachment 46778

View attachment 46779
View attachment 46780

What Doesn't Work:

Reactions: lifeisbutadream
I

Ixadavt

Plaster on a fake smile; plow through another day.
Aug 18, 2022
Oh what? The NSFW images got taken down? Damn...

The reason I included those is to show you just how tremendously you can fuck this up. Even a gunshot to the head can be survivable and leave you much MUCH worse off than before.

Oh well, if you folks really want to see how badly you can screw this up and that you should take this manual seriously then you should google some suicide by gun survivors. It's not pretty.
I recently joined, few days ago. Images like that, they ask that we put them into spoilers. Probably why. And no, I don't know what that means yet.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
18 inch barrel is legal in the US, but it is the minimum legal length for a shotgun barrel.
You're right, of course … my post was not clear, but I think what I meant to say was that it's possible to cut a barrel down to shorten the length of the overall weapon so that it functions like a big, clumsy handgun. That kind of weapon isn't very accurate—long barrels cause pellets to stay clumped closely together over a longer distance, improving accuracy for deer-hunting and whatnot.

Really short shotguns are primarily useful for hitting a little bit of everything, especially in close confines.

While ultra-short legal shotguns exist (engineered so that the stock only adds maybe 2" or 3" to the total weapon length, meaning a gun with an 18" barrel is maybe 21" total) all the ones I've seen are outside my price range, and still rather long for many shorter-armed people (ie: me, lol) to easily aim at themselves.

Shotguns with barrels under 18" are illegal because you can do things like fire into a crowd and kill or maim a lot of people at once. I'm not endorsing that, and please don't. You could also point one at your head and chest, and be close to 100 percent certain of ctb.

Some buckshot pellets are .36 caliber, a size which has respectable "stopping power" when the bullet is fired singly. Multiply that by about eight or so, hitting in a wider or narrower circle across your body. The result won't be pretty, and it might not even be quick, but it is a way that people who live in shotgun-legal areas can pretty reliably punch their own tickets. Even if you're such an awful shot you only hit your arm and shoulder, you'll likely damage things like your brachial artery and/or your lung beyond the point of surgical repair, and will therefore bleed out even if someone calls 911 immediately.

I'm crippled with anxiety even when I'm not trying to kill myself, so I don't trust my ability to fire, say, a .38 caliber handgun into my mouth and drill a neat hole straight through my brain stem.

If you're suicidal, fairly poor, and with shit coordination, shotguns (short barreled or otherwise) may suit you as a method. You certainly won't wake up the next morning with nothing but a mild headache and soul-crushing disappointment.

L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
You're right, of course … my post was not clear, but I think what I meant to say was that it's possible to cut a barrel down to shorten the length of the overall weapon so that it functions like a big, clumsy handgun. That kind of weapon isn't very accurate—long barrels cause pellets to stay clumped closely together over a longer distance, improving accuracy for deer-hunting and whatnot.

Really short shotguns are primarily useful for hitting a little bit of everything, especially in close confines.

While ultra-short legal shotguns exist (engineered so that the stock only adds maybe 2" or 3" to the total weapon length, meaning a gun with an 18" barrel is maybe 21" total) all the ones I've seen are outside my price range, and still rather long for many shorter-armed people (ie: me, lol) to easily aim at themselves.

Shotguns with barrels under 18" are illegal because you can do things like fire into a crowd and kill or maim a lot of people at once. I'm not endorsing that, and please don't. You could also point one at your head and chest, and be close to 100 percent certain of ctb.

Some buckshot pellets are .36 caliber, a size which has respectable "stopping power" when the bullet is fired singly. Multiply that by about eight or so, hitting in a wider or narrower circle across your body. The result won't be pretty, and it might not even be quick, but it is a way that people who live in shotgun-legal areas can pretty reliably punch their own tickets. Even if you're such an awful shot you only hit your arm and shoulder, you'll likely damage things like your brachial artery and/or your lung beyond the point of surgical repair, and will therefore bleed out even if someone calls 911 immediately.

I'm crippled with anxiety even when I'm not trying to kill myself, so I don't trust my ability to fire, say, a .38 caliber handgun into my mouth and drill a neat hole straight through my brain stem.

If you're suicidal, fairly poor, and with shit coordination, shotguns (short barreled or otherwise) may suit you as a method. You certainly won't wake up the next morning with nothing but a mild headache and soul-crushing disappointment.

Yes you can saw off your shotgun barrel to whatever length you want, keeping in mind the above very serious legal stipulation. It still won't fan out at all at point blank range.

A 12 guage OO buckshot shell contains 8 or 9 pellets in the common 2 3/4" size, each pellet being almost as big as a .38 bullet, which is what most USA police used for many years. A larger 3 1/2" shell (not all shotguns accept the larger 3 and 3 1/2" size) can contain 18 pellets (Remington Express Magnum).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: wait.what
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022

Here we go:

What Works:

View attachment 46772
View attachment 46773

View attachment 46775
View attachment 46774

View attachment 46776
View attachment 46778

View attachment 46779
View attachment 46780

What Doesn't Work:

Thank you! OH, thank you! I have a 45 single shot derringer as the 2nd option for CTB. I first want to use the sn option first. Should that fail.......

Reactions: UnluckyBastard
notlongnow

notlongnow

Student
Aug 16, 2022
A hit man knows to always double tap for a certified kill. Usually because its not in the optimal area of the head when opportunity strikes. I would strictly clarity these instructions if ever it came to me getting a hit on myself. I couldn't afford it anyway. Pipe dreams.

L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
A hit man knows to always double tap for a certified kill. Usually because its not in the optimal area of the head when opportunity strikes. I would strictly clarity these instructions if ever it came to me getting a hit on myself. I couldn't afford it anyway. Pipe dreams.

We don't have that option.

M

matthew00057

Dec 15, 2022
surfed my way in, now a member. saw some fentanyl threads.
honestly, the noise and the pain, albeit brief for both, is what scares me about this method

RJDos

RJDos

Apr 2, 2023
Thank you for this information. I recently bought a gun and was very unsure of the proper way. I don't want to do it but I think it's the best option for my life and those around me.

Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Damn! Best gore is back on sasu

T

tommyy

Jul 11, 2024
It is effective to use short revolver 38 model 36 using 38 special ammunition(full metal jacket)

Ill shot above my ear

MrOptions

MrOptions

Let it go. This to shall pass.
Jan 6, 2020
Good post OP. For those wondering about above the ear method. Practice with a unloaded pistol holding it right above the right ear. Know how your pistol or revolver works. Press the muzzle lightly to make contact above the ear. Dry fire it a few times so you know placement and are comfortable with it.

Now choice of ammo. Hollow points definately. They dump the most energy on impact and mushroom.

My personal choice is a Ruger P89DC 9mm pistol. Ammo of choice is Underwood 147 grain +P+ hollowpoints.

• Informative
Reactions: Skathon