• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

JustHeckinKillMe

JustHeckinKillMe

Cool I'm dead
Sep 26, 2019
I'm too depressed to open up. In my honest opinion I don't think any therapist can help me get better. I'm thinking of taking a 1 month break and not doing anything, then if I'm ready and if my therapist didn't drop me, I'd go see him. Anyone in a similar situation?

fedupsoul

fedupsoul

Confused
Jan 19, 2021
I've never been to a therapist before and I'm not comfortable with the idea of therapy but may I ask what makes you feel so depressed just to see if we have any reasons in common ? I'm sorry I don't mean to invade your personal space you can not answer if you don't feel like

• Love
Reactions: The end !
JustHeckinKillMe

JustHeckinKillMe

Cool I'm dead
Sep 26, 2019
I've never been to a therapist before and I'm not comfortable with the idea of therapy but may I ask what makes you feel so depressed just to see if we have any reasons in common ? I'm sorry I don't mean to invade your personal space you can not answer if you don't feel like
My mother emotionally and mentally abused me my whole life and that left me crippled with depression and social anxiety and suicide ideation (=can't keep a job) + existential crisis.

seventeenangels444

seventeenangels444

Dec 6, 2019
The one month break seems like a good idea and if its a good therapist he should not drop you.
additionally if hes a good therapist, you can decide on how therapy should look like, meaning you do not have to open up right away. You could for example talk about a hobby, what you did this month or discuss any kind of topic you may want to.
My therapist also cooks with his patients. I on the other hand also like discussing if karma exists or religion.
Though I have a very young and "modern" therapist, I've met some pretty shitty ones too.

In the end you have to decide if you want to talk with someone regurarely. I like talking with someone every week, makes me feel kind of lighter and the person is not someone close too you, making it easier for them not to judge you or get way too emotional.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I'm too depressed to open up. In my honest opinion I don't think any therapist can help me get better. I'm thinking of taking a 1 month break and not doing anything, then if I'm ready and if my therapist didn't drop me, I'd go see him. Anyone in a similar situation?
Do you have a good friend you can open up on what and how you feel inside?

JustHeckinKillMe

JustHeckinKillMe

Cool I'm dead
Sep 26, 2019
Do you have a good friend you can open up on what and how you feel inside?
I do but I don't wanna bother them. I'm actually isolating and been ignoring everyone I know because I hate my depressed self right now and I feel like a burden and very negative :'(

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I do but I don't wanna bother them. I'm actually isolating and been ignoring everyone I know because I hate my depressed self right now and I feel like a burden and very negative :'(
Well a therapist is almost like a good friend you can talk to, don't think your friend would consider you a burden if he or she is a good friend. That would probably make you more open about seeing you in person. They are usually very friendly.