MarchFog

MarchFog

Oct 9, 2023
Being in this community and knowing it's okay to speak up and talk about my hardships as well as my mental struggles is really nice, but I still find myself worrying about if something is okay to talk about.
I don't mean against the rules, but living in a society that tends to push the mentally ill off onto medication and professionals because these topics make them uncomfortable has really warped my mind.
Talking about suicide, my grief, my hardships, all of it. It still feels like it's not okay. Will I make people uncomfortable? Will I make someone upset because they say I triggered them? Will I bother them? Am I a burden? Are they annoyed with me? And I talking too much?
These are all things I worry about when discussing hard things with other people and I'm not sure I can break from it even in this community.

Does anyone relate?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, LoiteringClouds, xxpinkmoonglitterxx and 6 others
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
It can be hard to let yourself be vulnerable, even when you're safe, if you've spent so long being afraid. Good luck. 🖤 It'll get easier each time you open up a bit without getting hurt for it.

• Love
Reactions: LonelyKitten and MarchFog
MarchFog

MarchFog

Oct 9, 2023
It can be hard to let yourself be vulnerable, even when you're safe, if you've spent so long being afraid. Good luck. 🖤 It'll get easier each time you open up a bit without getting hurt for it.
Thank you. I hopeful that overtime it won't feel bothersome to open up. 🖤

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Try it and see what happens :) you might be surprised

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and MarchFog
Ε. Η. R.

Ε. Η. R.

Experienced
Oct 5, 2023
MarchFog
Don't keep it to yourself. You have suffered a large tragedy.
You're not causing trouble.

• Love
Reactions: MarchFog
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd say you are free to be open here. Most people are sympathetic. Plus- you don't need to feel like a burden- no one is obliged to read anything. If it triggers them and they feel unable to respond politely, they should just move on. That's their responsibility- not yours. I hope you can find some comfort here.

• Love
Reactions: MarchFog and LoiteringClouds
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's certainly so dreadful how this society is so anti-suicide, and people should be able to openly discuss suicide related subjects without insensitive pro-lifers trying to interfere as after all suicide is always a valid choice. It's just so wrong how suicide is so stigmatised despite the fact that nobody is obligated to continue suffering in this existence.

• Love
Reactions: MarchFog
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I can't speak for everyone, but there is nothing you could say that would bother me. Feel free to speak whatever is on your mind. This community is extremely supportive and understanding. We all might not be suffering exactly the same, but we all are suffering. That is our common bond.

• Love
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
You're talking about your thoughts of suicide to people who have thoughts of suicide. Why would they become uncomfortable?

LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
I feel you.
Society pushes our suffering away, away from true and genuine outlets.
Only leaving us to simmer in it further and further, making it grow worse.

This space is different on that.
I hope you get to feel comfortable speaking your mind here :heart:
Practice helps, imo.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MarchFog and Praestat_Mori
LetMeBeSad

LetMeBeSad

Student
Sep 21, 2023
It's all good. I have a lot of difficulty with that too. For me it's more about being too negative. I have pretended for so long that I feel like nothing but a whiner when all I have to talk about is the bad stuff.

Personally, if I think a subject will be too much for me, I won't read or post about it. But, that being said, I think you're in the perfect spot to unload and unpack your stuff. Don't feel like you have to protect people here from your tragedies. Just speak freely and trust us to protect us if we need to.

• Love