Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
It's funny how society was able to forcibly instill the culture of work, to the point of making us feel bad for not being able to fit in.

I recently told my mother about my CTB intentions, she took it lightly and reproached me saying that I wanted to do it just to avoid having to work, I take it as if it were the worst thing in the world, when in Actually there were more reasons behind but I did not want to continue with the conversation.

I learned that my mother told one of her friends, to which he replied that she was just a queer on my part and that I would not be able to do it.

But even so, I would not want to live, I would like to do nothing anymore, I have had enough of this life, I have not managed to even achieve a stable life because I always live adrift, I have put resumes everywhere and I have not managed I am successful in looking for work because my poor social skills and disability are an obstacle. This system is the main reason I want CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: 710, Pisceslilith, hʚll and 2 others
T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
It's funny how society was able to forcibly instill the culture of work, to the point of making us feel bad for not being able to fit in.

I recently told my mother about my CTB intentions, she took it lightly and reproached me saying that I wanted to do it just to avoid having to work, I take it as if it were the worst thing in the world, when in Actually there were more reasons behind but I did not want to continue with the conversation.

I learned that my mother told one of her friends, to which he replied that she was just a queer on my part and that I would not be able to do it.

But even so, I would not want to live, I would like to do nothing anymore, I have had enough of this life, I have not managed to even achieve a stable life because I always live adrift, I have put resumes everywhere and I have not managed I am successful in looking for work because my poor social skills and disability are an obstacle. This system is the main reason I want CTB.
The system seems to be designed to weed out what it feels are the weaklings.

If you don't fit in life can become very, very difficult. Even impossible.

It's sad. People like us, people who understand profound unhappiness and suffering, do have something to offer. It's just not considered a marketable job skill.

I'm sorry that the system has brought you to the point of wanting to end your life. If I were a billionaire I'd help everyone on this forum. I'd make it do that we could do what we want to do, make the positive changes we want to make in the world and not have to worry about working for the system.
The system seems to be designed to weed out what it feels are the weaklings.

If you don't fit in life can become very, very difficult. Even impossible.

It's sad. People like us, people who understand profound unhappiness and suffering, do have something to offer. It's just not considered a marketable job skill.

I'm sorry that the system has brought you to the point of wanting to end your life. If I were a billionaire I'd help everyone on this forum. I'd make it do that we could do what we want to do, make the positive changes we want to make in the world and not have to worry about working for the system.
Hugs to you too my friend.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith and Judah
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Every single American taxpayer contributes to the Palestinian genocide

got work ?

Reactions: ForgiveMeMama
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
she took it lightly and reproached me saying that I wanted to do it just to avoid having to work
They've made it so you have to labor, prostitute your time doing back-breaking or mind-numbing labor for most of your waking hours most days of the week, not counting your commute (which you have to pay for but which you're not compensated for). The labor is more and more "shit jobs." But the corporations you work for have been pulling in record profits while your wages can't even buy a house anymore. And in exchange, you get little-to-no job security. More and more "employment-at-will" laws, so they can let you go when it's convenient to them. Yearly salary compensation to make up for the increasing cost of living? A pension so you can stay alive when you're too old or sick to work? Things of the past. Guaranteed health insurance, dental insurance...? Puhleez.

Modern life more and more resembles, for a lot of us, Middle Ages European serfdom. Doesn't sound appealing to me. And not wanting to be a part of it, to me, seems perfectly reasonable. Hell, in the US, they're constantly reminding us we have no right to health care/affordable housing/a job. Meanwhile, SCOTUS progressively has granted corporations more and more power over government. So why the devotion to labor in a stacked system (rhetorical)? I'm surprised A LOT more people don't revolt.