• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
I think I'm just not built for it. I have trouble articulating my thoughts and I need a lot of time to think things through (hours or days). Plus I'm resistant to the vulnerability it requires. I'm also resistant to change. I like doing things in the same way even when it causes problems for me. I like knowing what to expect. So yeah. Therapists keep giving up on me.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I don't think that it's your fault, rather, therapy is not good for you. In an ideal world we'd have genuine treatments and procedures for people's woes rather than requiring them to vent to strangers an hour a week and then expecting that to change deeply rooted patterns and behaviours. Life is not so simple.

SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I think I'm just not built for it. I have trouble articulating my thoughts and I need a lot of time to think things through (hours or days).
Have you considered writing them down and then going to the therapist with the piece of paper?
I did it once and it helped.

Reactions: gardenfairy
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Have you considered writing them down and then going to the therapist with the piece of paper?
I did it once and it helped.
To add to this, I definitely would recommend that OP also look into something called alexithymia, where you're essentially colorblind to your own emotions. This may be why you think you're not built for it and have trouble talking about your thoughts. It could help to tell your therapist "Hey I think I might be alexithymic, so I may have trouble articulating my thoughts and emotions, so I may need you to help me work through it by prompting me at times or allowing me to have some time to think."

Here's an article if you want more information, and I encourage you to do your own research as well or talk to someone about it. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326451

Alternatively, instead of therapy, you could also try coaching. The main difference between coaching and therapy is that coaching is more future-oriented and built for people who feel stuck in life, or for people who know what to do but don't feel motivated to. I've never done coaching myself so YMMV but I hope what I've said is of some help for you.

Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey