O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
The way I see it, there's no reason for my dad to know. Even if he uncritically believed me with no resistance, there's no benefit to him knowing my history with his father. There's nothing for me to gain except him feeling bad. And he might feel as if he failed as a parent, but it wasn't his fault. The man is dead now and my dad is 74, so it's for the best my dad goes to his grave not knowing that happened. I was talking with this counselor lady and she was going "You need to tell him!". I tried to reason with her and said how it won't help him or me really, it would just hurt him for no gain at best. She didn't have a counterpoint and just kept saying "He needs to know" all sternly. The truth is unimportant.

The weirdest thing is that my parents never talked to me about touching. When I was like 11 or 12 my grandpa moved in with my dad and was very touchy feely with me in a way that felt wrong. He would do this shoulder massage thing to me and always put his hand on my thighs. He squeezed them and jiggled them a lot. That isn't explicitly sexual but it felt wrong. We didn't verbally communicate about it at all. I would remove his hand, then he'd immediately move it back and ignore my discomfort with it.

In late middle school it shifted from thighs to just doing whatever. He got me up for school each morning but before speaking he would play with my body. He'd squeeze my ass and lightly slap it, spread it apart, put two fingers underneath a cheek and make it jiggle. I just came to accept being felt up and played with and touched wherever. I don't know what I was doing but I just would sit in silence with him and allow him to do whatever he wanted with my body, it happened almost every morning I went to school. Then my junior year of high school I attacked him during this ritual and we never did it again. We never talked about it. I actually have no clue what years this occurred anymore, I just know it was early puberty to 17 years old.

I basically lived on my computer when I wasn't at school. I played a troll holy priest and restoration shaman in world of warcraft until the cataclysm expansion. My browsing history evolved from gamefaqs to 4chan to 420chan. My grandpa bought me cigarettes and I bought weed from a kid at school with food money. Sometimes when I had a cold I'd ask for mucinex DM pills or a specific kind of cough syrup that only had DXM+guaifeneson so I could robotrip during the weekend. A regular thing my grandpa would do is come stand behind me at my computer and explain to me how my sister was a druggy slut and how loose she was with her body, how my mom was awful, and he'd just have this furious tone about how I'm related to awful people.

Another thing was him and my dad were both regularly scolding me for being fat. Once they sat me down and my dad had this breakdown about how my mom was this fat bitch who ruined him and how I'm spoiled. He poured this soupy spoiled salad mix onto a plate and made me eat it, telling me how I had to eat healthy from then on. I ended up losing my weight in early adulthood and still haven't gained it back 11 years later.

The night I had real penetrative sex for the first time I explicitly told the guy no 6 times and got dicked anyway. I remember the next day I just sat in the shower and felt this dirty unclean feeling like I couldn't wash the filth from underneath my skin, then quit caring the same day. I feel like I don't care much about this incident though, I don't care if it was rape or not. It's weird because I will always take it very seriously if someone says something like that happened to them, but with this event I just feel so "meh" about it and don't feel bothered by it.

Then I was 21 years old and posting on a message board. I talked a little bit about the feel ups and how I was confused about them, and someone said "you got molested mate, people don't touch someone like that without it being sexual". I'm not sure how to feel sometimes. I read stories here on SS that make my life feel like a cakewalk. Watching that documentary "Escape from the house of hell" really made me feel privileged. I think with everything that has happened I'm just grateful to be an old person with a somewhat ordinary life right now. I'm still an unstable fuck up but I feel like I have it together okay. I don't know how it effects me but I feel very attracted to violation and coercion. I don't think of myself as having a high sex drive but I basically have 10 times higher sex drive than my girlfriend right now. I'm fine with not having sex though, honestly I wouldn't care if she was asexual at this point.

I guess the main thing is old nearly 30 year old me doesn't really get fucked with by people anymore. I have thin skin and get incredibly upset in any confrontation, but I stopped letting myself be a victim since 2018. Like I'm just so tired and done with not having agency and a spine, it's exhausting. I feel like life started in 2019 when I moved to a new place and started over. Everything before that is just foggy nothingness.

Sorry for blogging so much. I've just felt funny and scatterbrained lately. I wish I said something to averagefanenjoyer/the hated one before they left, I really did not see it coming. It hurt seeing their name crossed out today. I think I'm going to take a break from posting threads for a while.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Wrennie, littlelungs, Pluto and 14 others
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I'm glad you got away. It is totally your own choice who to talk to or not.

If you feel that you've been eating-restricted because of the harassment/abuse would you be interested in Health At Every Size / fat-positive recovery groups?
It's also not unusual for people to 'imprint on' involuntary reactions to abuse, like when you say 'very attracted to violence,' that is a somewhat common reaction, and I'm sorry.

• Hugs
Reactions: OrcWitch, Life sucks and Crazy4u
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
your life is not a cakewalk. Before I opened the thread I thought it would be siblings or relatives. Your grandpa is awful. You are right about not telling your dad.

I am sorry about what happened to you. You are so brave to stop him when you were at junior school. Many victims feel scared to do so.

• Hugs
Reactions: unraveling, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, OrcWitch and 3 others
AndrewWood'sDeath

AndrewWood'sDeath

Aug 11, 2021
I am so sorry for everything that has happened to you, you are a very strong person. I got raped three times in my life and physically abused until adulthood but I can tell you I don't know if I would have made it if there was continual sexual harrassment/ touching...I just don't think I could deal with that it probably wopould have been the breaking point and to this day I have literally vomited on a co-worker after they hugged me because unwanted touching (I did not want them to touch me) makes me sick. I am very sorry for you and I am glad you are such a strong person and put a stop to it.

THat being said as a fellow CSA survivor I really hope you don't feel like your current sexual preferences or lack of interest are odd or alienating I was terrified/disgusted/ and self loathing about it for years but most victims feel attracted to violence and coercion its called hypersexuality. I guess part of our trained responses just gets broken when that happens during development. The having a hard time feeling regular sexual attraction happens to me to. Just. I'm sorry mate. I'm glad you feel like your life has started now.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: unraveling, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, OrcWitch and 3 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I'm still an unstable fuck up but I feel like I have it together okay. I don't know how it effects me but I feel very attracted to violation and coercion.

I read stories here on SS that make my life feel like a cakewalk. Watching that documentary "Escape from the house of hell" really made me feel privileged.

Don't minimize what you've been through & how it still affects you... I was molested & beaten by my father for years & even I could say that some children had it worse than me.

• Hugs
Reactions: unraveling, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, OrcWitch and 1 other person
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
If you feel that you've been eating-restricted because of the harassment/abuse would you be interested in Health At Every Size / fat-positive recovery groups?
I don't feel very restricted with my eating. I don't know, my bmi is around 22 to 23 and I am passionate about food and cooking, I don't mind being chubby like I am right now. I feel positivity towards fat people and dislike fat shaming, although I'd be very upset if I became overweight again.

I am so sorry for everything that has happened to you, you are a very strong person. I got raped three times in my life and physically abused until adulthood but I can tell you I don't know if I would have made it if there was continual sexual harrassment/ touching...I just don't think I could deal with that it probably wopould have been the breaking point and to this day I have literally vomited on a co-worker after they hugged me because unwanted touching (I did not want them to touch me) makes me sick. I am very sorry for you and I am glad you are such a strong person and put a stop to it.

THat being said as a fellow CSA survivor I really hope you don't feel like your current sexual preferences or lack of interest are odd or alienating I was terrified/disgusted/ and self loathing about it for years but most victims feel attracted to violence and coercion its called hypersexuality. I guess part of our trained responses just gets broken when that happens during development. The having a hard time feeling regular sexual attraction happens to me to. Just. I'm sorry mate. I'm glad you feel like your life has started now.
I'm sorry you lived through that. There needs to be more public awareness about just touching people without approval, even if it's a platonic surprise hug from a trusted coworker.

I don't know how to feel about sexuality. I don't feel like I have a very high sex drive. I don't know what emotion I am feeling towards things right now. I had an uncomfortable talk with my girlfriend because she felt guilty as if she wasn't paying enough attention to me, and then I felt guilty like I was making her feel pressured to be more sexual than she wanted.

your life is not a cakewalk.

Don't minimize what you've been through & how it still affects you... I was molested & beaten by my father for years & even I could say that some children had it worse than me.

You're both right. I try to tell people that their issues are important and not trivial.

I guess I write statements like that because they help me cope.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Your feelings are incredibly valid, no one can make you say or do anything that you're uncomfortable with, therapist or not. They can be incredibly misguided on matters of sexual abuse, because the vast, vast majority of them have never experienced it and are unaware of the complex entanglements of issues that arise once family dynamics become involved.

At this stage, you've decided for both you and your father's sake that he's better off not knowing, which the counselor should respect. Realistically, I don't think there's any closure to be had in confessing to him. Mental health workers always seem to be gung ho about disclosing traumatic events to others, filing police reports, and undergoing uncomfortable judicial proceedings, not realising that this approach isn't very pragmatic for many victims, especially later in life.

Like you, I often feel like what I went through wasn't that bad and try to downplay it because I feel that others have it worse. What you've experienced has shaped the course of your life and left you with palpable wounds, and no one should ever deny the magnitude of how much those events hurt you. The existence of a sundry of horrors doesn't negate the impact each type of nightmare imparts upon its victims.

My heart aches for you, for I know all too well that feeling of being dirty and unclean, the sort of filthy sensation that no amount of soap and water could scrub away. You're the first person I've ever seen to succinctly describe that sensation, a feeling that only survivors know, and you're incredibly tough to vocalise and speak up about it <3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: unraveling, Life sucks, Crazy4u and 1 other person
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
One of the things we are supposed to learn in childhood is a healthy sense of identity that takes for granted being worthy of the same basic rights to protection and agency as others. People who feel entitled to violate our rights not only cause abuse in the moment, but leave a decades-long legacy in distorting our sense of self.

I admire you for having survived that level of abuse while still wanting to shield others from suffering. These situations are an extreme test of character and you have certainly passed with flying colours.

• Love
Reactions: unraveling, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, OrcWitch and 1 other person