Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Somethings here were veering to some unbeneficial directions...

"If you don't like the system, what are you doing to change it?" -- really shouldn't be addressed to people who had been abused ?..... :wink:

There are more nuggets like this around ("you haven't found the correct doctor.") . I fully understand the positive encouraging tone there . The call to rise up and do something . But that call may be a bit too much , at times ? I don't have a problem with recovery , I'm actually for recovery , but I don't like crude generalization and cliches :hug: BlueWidow wrote things much better , perfectly and delicately -- I'm blunt . I'm happy things work for you . It'd would be great if it works for others . It's mostly tragic and malpractice .

It's really great to hear that positive experience . It's inspiring and gives hope . But each case and location are extremely complex and different . And we are wrong when we try to generalize . This saddened me : instead of hearing positive stories about doctors (and there are) we are taking a different direction , because of that tone .

I'm pro-choice . For me it means I won't tell someone to ctb , nor to find a doctor ; each and everyone here is so precious and unique .

:heart:
And that's fine. If someone doesn't want to see a doctor or take meds, it's the person's choice.

But to say every single doctor is bad and meds are horrible, which is the primary feeling in this forum is just discriminatory.

One cannot say Jack Kevorkian or Derek Humphry were like everyone else.

I stand by my statement, maybe you haven't found the right doctor. It took me 7 years of searching for someone who believed what he did. It was my choice to give up or keep searching. I personally didn't want to give up.

I take full responsibility for my life and my life's choices. Again that is me. If something doesn't work, I don't blame a medication or doctor, I search for something that suits my needs. Again that is me.

I wanted to find someone who would help me die and believed in it. No. Traditional docs at that time didn't believe in it. Took me 7 years, but I found Derek (whose birthday was 2 days after mine by the way.)

I believe everyone controls their own destiny and nobody should tell anybody what to do. Because I believe my destiny is mine, I blame myself for failures as it was ultimately my choice.

The world sucks. It's a miserable, horrible place. However, what I do while I'm here is my choice.

I wanted to find a doctor who would help me die. I could have said nobody thinks that way. I give up. All doctors suck. Or, I could say I'm not giving up and search 7 years and find Derek.

There is no right or wrong answer. Just that not everyone in a profession is bad and all medications aren't bad. It just may be not appropriate for you.

As far as me, I want to die. I will die a horrible, miserable, extremely painful death. Nothing is going to change that. Nothing can be done. I do not expect to be cured from my illnesses. (We aren't even talking psychiatric.)

It may be just me, but I will do whatever it takes to remain as comfortable as possible. Nobody should have to live with the pain I have daily. I will keep searching for anyone who could help and quest out any doctor who can help. I will never say maybe I won't find a treatment somewhere that can help with this pain.

Again. That is my choice. People can choose not to. ;)

Reactions: Heady_Cerebrum
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
to say every single doctor is bad and meds are horrible, which is the primary feeling in this forum is just discriminatory.
I agree with that premise but many had been treated unfairly and with prejudice by doctors . So basically I was abused by X , and asked not to have prejudice about X ..

I would love to hear good stories about attentive doctors rather than that ^ :heart: :hug:

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
All therapists I had would assume things about me and simply forget important things I said. They'd be surprised every time I told them I still wanted to kill myself, as if they believed somehow, in just a few weeks, they had cured me. My psychiatrist remembers I exist once every 6 months. Say what you will about finding the best therapist or whatever, ever since I started truly wanting to kill myself, the best years I had were those I refused to go to therapy.