Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
I do love the ones who try their hardest to understand. Ones who you can joke with and talk to. Just speak your mind too. I do like being able to say,"im depressed" outloud without indifferent scrutiny. Cause depression is shitty but is also natural, natural as in there doesn't need to be a cause for you to have it. I like the ones who ask legitimate questions, instead of trying shyly to avoid anything they think might trigger you. The people aren't like," why do this to yourself". I like the ones who treat you like normal people, even when they see the scars on your arms, the vacancy behind your eyes, and the hidden fade in your smile.

Some people can be supportive in away that talks you down. Some people are supportive in a way that just makes you want to commit faster.

Reactions: EmbraceOfTheVoid
Thrash

Thrash

Nov 21, 2020
I just got through reading and skimming through comments on a Reddit thread involving euthanasia/suicide & the sheer amount of misinformation being spread about suicide genuinely infuriates me. There are:

-People claiming that suicide is a product of "mental illness" or that the person isn't in their right mind as a means to discredit their choice as craziness. This is nothing short of bullshit and circular logic; simply being suicidal makes you irrational to these morons.

-Normal people claiming that all problems are fixable and that there is tangible forms of relief out there. I've never gotten any of this meaningful "help" that they are talking about. Are you going to give me paychecks, a house? No? Then shut up.

-Impulsive suicidal people on there claiming that they are glad they didn't commit suicide and that their life is all peachy which falsely perpetuates the idea that suicide is mostly impulsive when it couldn't be further from the truth.

-Normies believing that they are helping people by having them tossed into a psychiatric prison.

This is why I mostly stay off of Reddit, it's full of ignorant privileged people that think they have some special insight into life when they don't know shit. Rant over.

I couldn't agree more

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I've noticed normal people either find it funny or overreact. Same with a lot of health professionals.

Reactions: EmbraceOfTheVoid