stupidtwink

stupidtwink

Feb 6, 2023
Hey queens,

I've been a member in this community for a little while now but only now have I decided to post. After a few days of lectures I've skipped and long FaceTime calls with besties I've realized how isolated I feel from the world; I'm remarkably tired of the reassurance others give me that saying life will improve. Every day seems to be another drop of gasoline on the burning building I'm in, forcing me to jump out. Jumping feels so unglamourous and embarrassing: I was hoping that maybe a person in this space can help me find the escape rope, or at the very least, make my fall graceful.

Anyways, y'all probably tired of reading my overly pretentious language. You all understood me before I started writing. Let me explain my situation: Currently, I have the appearance of a very femme twink, but when I was friends with this woman I'll call "S" I looked mostly straight. At the beginnings of our friendship, I was not out as non-binary—I hadn't had the words for what I was. People generally saw me on campus as the "talkative guy with earrings." For whatever reason, the only person I could vent my feelings about my gender was S, a friend I had only met recently. As I started expressing myself more femininely, my friendship with S grew. She lent me makeup, told me about her friends, watched La La Land with me. As much as I tried to deny it, the more I saw her the more I felt the truth: I was falling in love with my bestie. It's an impossible relationship. She's straight and I'm too much of a girlie.

I've been in relationships before. Some lasting a few years, some lasting a few months, but never have I felt so strongly about someone before. Not anyone so caring and nice, not anyone remotely like her. Most surprising of all, I didn't expect the person I love the most to be a woman.

It was her birthday a couple days ago and I have yet to give her the cute crochet sweater I bought, but do I want her to even remember me when our future is impossible? I don't mean "our future" in the relationship sense, but in a literal sense: I will be leaving, both location and spirit-wise, soon. The girlies to tell me to talk to her still but I'm afraid if I see her I will burn. If only it were easy to kill the part of me that feels without killing myself.

Apologies for the meandering. Also, I stole the burning building analogy from David Foster Wallace. 🙃
I am not sure if recovery was the right section for this little post but I am genuinely seeking someone who finds something positive about this particular predicament.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: spring vainglory and struggles_inc
cryone

cryone

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
It sounds bittersweet, but still id give her the sweater 100% she would definitely appreciate it. If you are very sure the relationship is impossible, then id avoid telling her the truth. who knows, though. sometimes you have to take risks.

Reactions: spring vainglory, stupidtwink and struggles_inc
J

j1nxxb0yjj4ke

Jun 26, 2023
you sound like a wonderful person.idk I like u!!
and please.., give her the sweater, tell her that you have feelings. maybe you guys will have a future together.
if u don't try then the answer will forever be no.., and don't you want to at least know? if..., if there could be a possibility of you two..
and ik this is a suicide forum blabla etc but idk id ask u to try again, love is not far, it is within urself too
idk u remind me a bit of myself lmao sorry for being weird idk 😭💀💀
GOOD LUCK THO!!🫶🏼

Reactions: spring vainglory, reclaimedbynature and stupidtwink
stupidtwink

stupidtwink

Feb 6, 2023
you sound like a wonderful person.idk I like u!!
and please.., give her the sweater, tell her that you have feelings. maybe you guys will have a future together.
if u don't try then the answer will forever be no.., and don't you want to at least know? if..., if there could be a possibility of you two..
and ik this is a suicide forum blabla etc but idk id ask u to try again, love is not far, it is within urself too
idk u remind me a bit of myself lmao sorry for being weird idk 😭💀💀
GOOD LUCK THO!!🫶🏼
Thank you for the compliment!
I'll try my best to give the sweater at some point. Sometimes its just hard to do anything yknow

S

snow109

Jan 31, 2024
I too think that you should give it to her. You sound very sweet, and I'm sure that either if something happens (relationship wise) or not, I'd say there's nothing wrong in granting yourself the happiness of giving a thoughtful gift to someone you love.

if u don't try then the answer will forever be no.., and don't you want to at least know?
I really liked this quote and I wholeheartedly agree haha I didn't want to have regrets and I'm in a somewhat similar situation, so I asked my friend out on a date and she said yes:) I don't know what will happen but I think I'm okay with whatever outcome. I don't know if you'll get to that level but I denied myself my feelings for months until I couldn't physically hold them back. I can't predict the reaction of "S" in your situation but I also thought my friend was straight and well, here we are.

I wish you the best, and want you to know that it's okay no matter how much time it takes to gather up strength.
Sincerely, a lesbian also struggling with being in love.

• Love
Reactions: spring vainglory