• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

G

guessitsnotasecret

Jul 17, 2023
You can view the Campaign Overview page if you'd like, I suppose to some I'm a single-issue clown, maybe I am... the single issue being involuntary commitment / forced drugging / basically... though that's not the only thing I have feelings about or even a position on.

I'll just cut meself off here and do better:

Nobody should be punished for having suicidal ideation
Nobody should be punished for speaking about suicide
Nobody should be punished for attempting suicide

That part seems easy enough, the challenge is finding the words to describe how fucked up things are when what we experience as a "punishment," other believe to be "help."

I've gotten some feedback on the Pledge on the 2024 campaign overview page for the language related this.... maybe this group can help iron it out?

This is the phrasing I used to attempt to cover these ideas, maybe something regarding the "psychiatrization" of suicide attempts/ideation??

• the end of mandatory reporting for suicidal ideation
  • the end of criminalizing attempted suicide

Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
Have fun with your campaign. Most of the views on your goals page, albeit good-spirited, are incredibly niche.

Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
First and foremost best of wishes. That being said tho, are you fr asking for money from this.

Like if you truly believe your going to win, or garner enough traction that the general message is made known to the public than kudos to you.

But if you're literally attempting to appeal to people who are in a suicide forum, meanwhile asking for money I mean come on bro.

Idk, hoping it's genuine cuz honestly the alternative is so unbelievably sickening I can barely comprehend it.

Reactions: ssidal_butterfly
G

guessitsnotasecret

Jul 17, 2023
First and foremost best of wishes. That being said tho, are you fr asking for money from this.

Like if you truly believe your going to win, or garner enough traction that the general message is made known to the public than kudos to you.

But if you're literally attempting to appeal to people who are in a suicide forum, meanwhile asking for money I mean come on bro.

Idk, hoping it's genuine cuz honestly the alternative is so unbelievably sickening I can barely comprehend it.

Thank you for the genuine reply.

I suppose anytime I'm out broadcasting "jim flannery for president" somehow there's a fundraising aspect to it. I thought I could manage to pull it all off funding the thing myself, but, alas, few people are interested in what I have to say. So, I guess I'm genuine in my feelings and my willingness to do the shittiest job alive, though, it can be difficult to believe in one's self when others do not. Something like that, if I had it all figured out, I probably wouldn't be lurking in suicide forums with everyone else.

Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023

I mean, I've seen people throw their money away at faaar more frivolous causes.

Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I mean, I've seen people throw their money away at faaar more frivolous causes.
Less concerned with the throwing money away aspect, more concerned with the scam aspect. There's also the concern that if you donate your essentially doxing yourself :P.

I'd feel more comfortable if his only posts weren't all related to the campaign. It's a low post user, who from my perspective is appealing to causes, whilst requesting both money, and your personal information should you donate.

Idk. I'm not saying he's a fraud, or a scam, just that I'm concerned at the possibility.

Reactions: Brown-Jacket Revy
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
If you're not called Trump then forget it.