EternalPain

EternalPain

To live means to suffer
Sep 11, 2023
All of my life I had at most 1 or 2 friends at a time. I've tried basically everything to find friends, find anyone who I can talk to that actually wants to talk to me too. But it always ends the same way, I get told I am just not that important to them and that I talk too much about my problems.
And that is despite them telling me they care, telling me we're friends, assuring that they wont leave. Does caring about someone not include being there for them? I just need someone to listen sometimes, I'd give anything to have a friend, but I always care too much and they care too little. It's so lonely, to be misunderstood. I am truly miserable.
My biggest wish is to just meet someone that can see me the way I see them. But I don't know if I'll live long enough to even get a chance to be cared about.

• Hugs
Reactions: reclaimedbynature, MelancholyGirl, uselessman and 4 others
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
We absolutely feel your pain. I just got done posting in another thread that not feeling understood has been our main CTB motivation.

Muhammad Ali has a great poem on friends:

Friendship is a priceless gift that cannot be bought nor sold, but its value is far greater than a mountain made of gold; for gold is cold & lifeless - it can neither see nor hear, in time of trouble its powerless to cheer ā€” it has no ears to listen, no heart to understand, it cannot bring you comfort or reach out a helping hand. So when you ask God for a gift, be thankful if sends not diamonds, pearls or riches but the love of real true friends
He's also on record saying that he doesn't have any real true friends. True friends will give you anything and ask for nothing in return.

We wish you peace. Big hugs. Be well on your journey.

• Hugs
Reactions: reclaimedbynature
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
People don't care like you because they're never so alone, they don't know what they have, they don't think about it, they take it for granted. They don't understand the meaning of it and so they squander it. You only reach this level of caring when you're alone for what seems like an eternity. It's like being a street dog, always wondering with no one to care for them yet always wishing to have someone close, to feel touch.

I know how it feels, I was a street dog once. I was a street dog for a very long time until one day when I found someone and for a short time it was good, until I got tossed away back in the street.

There are so few of us..

I'm sorry you're going through this. : (

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: reclaimedbynature and uselessman
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Sadly I just believe that most humans are too self centred to ever care and cannot truly be relied on, I understand that loneliness is painful for many in this cruel existence. But anyway best wishes.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie