Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
There becomes a point in life where you realize that people don't really care about you one way or another and the only person there to save you is - yourself.
Some people are fortunate to have good family and friends. Some people are fortunate to have a significant other that cares about them, but this is not the majority of people.

I don't want people to solve my problems for me. I don't ask for handouts and I don't want people to "save me" from my mistakes.

However - it would be nice to not have people trying to screw me over and people who are genuinely out there looking for your best interest.

I'm tired of scammers. I'm tired of people who lie to your face in order to get what they want. I'm tired of toxic, ill intentioned people.

I also realize that you need to be your own self advocate, but at the same time you can do that all you want - and people will still try to screw you over.

When you're an adult, nobody really cares about you one way or another. Even if you have a significant other or family that doesn't mean that you're immune from people screwing you over, and in fact - your SO or family can be the very people stabbing you in the back.

Nobody really cares about you as a person except for you, and that's the bitter reality about the real world.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, thesaddestgirl, pole and 13 others
PrisonPlanetBreak

PrisonPlanetBreak

Oct 22, 2023
A good saying I've heard is "Only those you trust can betray you." So I think it's only natural a break of trust will come from people you deem close. An enemy will never screw you over unexpectedly, since you know that's their only agenda. Alas, I am part of the fortunate groups you have described. I have close friends, and a loving family, no significant other though. That's why CTB for me feels a bit hypocritical, since some people actually seek part of what I have. But then again, there is no invalid reason to CTB. And even in the position I am in, I should still be wary in approaching these relationships. I think no matter how good willed someone is, there will always be an interest of placing one own's needs above others'. Unconditional love is probably extremely rare in humans.​

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, Sylveon, Lost in a Dream and 4 others
notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
People only care about you until you're born. And after that you have only yourself. There was this one man who raped and murdered over a 100 girls aged from 9 to 12 years old. He got out of prison after 14 years for good behaviour. Nobody cared that over a hundred young girls got raped and died, because in the end millions more girls will be born.
Nobody cares. We're all just a statistic. I hate seeing those videos on the 1st of january that talk about how sad it is that so many people already killed themselfs. It just annoys me so badly since none of those people actually care. Theyre just using the dead people as a way to make others sad for a second.

• Love
Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice, Adûnâi, thesaddestgirl and 5 others
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
People only care about you until you're born. And after that you have only yourself. There was this one man who raped and murdered over a 100 girls aged from 9 to 12 years old. He got out of prison after 14 years for good behaviour. Nobody cared that over a hundred young girls got raped and died, because in the end millions more girls will be born.
Nobody cares. We're all just a statistic. I hate seeing those videos on the 1st of january that talk about how sad it is that so many people already killed themselfs. It just annoys me so badly since none of those people actually care. Theyre just using the dead people as a way to make others sad for a second.
You're talking about nobody caring on a societal level, but OP sounds like they mean it on a personal level. I mean, I'm sure many people do care on a personal level, depending on who you are.

We're not just numbers in our smaller communities, and if you have friends or family your death will definitely affect them. Not saying the severity, but it will change their usual routine. Probably affect them forever, regret doesn't leave.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, thesaddestgirl, Sylveon and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
The trouble is- even if we do have people that care about us- even love us- doesn't necessarily mean they can help us. 'I love you, you're so precious' doesn't pay the bills. It doesn't remove illness. It doesn't necessarily change how we feel about living. You can love someone back with all your heart but still hate your own life. In which case- they become these (partly unwanted) tethers to life. You can't bear to hurt them so, you just carry on as a living corpse for them- and sometimes- you end up resenting them for keeping you here. Especially if they are parents and brought you here in the first place! But- it can just become this whole guilt trip rather than something actually caring and supportive.

Like you say- some of us don't want to be helped. We don't want to ask for handouts or for someone to solve our problems. A lot of the time- they simply can't too. Unless they're minted- they may not be able to support us financially forever. There's a lot in life we simply have to do on our own too. So- yes, it's maybe better than having no support at all in terms of living but it isn't all plain sailing. I think people who don't have support systems fantasize they will be all loving and gentle. They can be just as much about making you feel like shit about yourself because you failed! Because you let them down. Because you're a burden.

But yeah- there are plenty of shitty people in this world too who only care about themselves and will screw you over at the earliest opportunity! Sorry to hear you have run in to so many of them.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, thesaddestgirl, younmestyxtogether and 5 others
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
There becomes a point in life where you realize that people don't really care about you one way or another and the only person there to save you is - yourself.
Some people are fortunate to have good family and friends. Some people are fortunate to have a significant other that cares about them, but this is not the majority of people.

I don't want people to solve my problems for me. I don't ask for handouts and I don't want people to "save me" from my mistakes.

However - it would be nice to not have people trying to screw me over and people who are genuinely out there looking for your best interest.

I'm tired of scammers. I'm tired of people who lie to your face in order to get what they want. I'm tired of toxic, ill intentioned people.

I also realize that you need to be your own self advocate, but at the same time you can do that all you want - and people will still try to screw you over.

When you're an adult, nobody really cares about you one way or another. Even if you have a significant other or family that doesn't mean that you're immune from people screwing you over, and in fact - your SO or family can be the very people stabbing you in the back.

Nobody really cares about you as a person except for you, and that's the bitter reality about the real world.

Agree. Sometimes makes me wish adults I encountered when I was younger were more upfront and blunt compared to wanting to preserve a kid's "innocence"...

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and Sylveon
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I will die and nobody will miss me, I am an npc in their lives.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, thesaddestgirl, younmestyxtogether and 2 others
Princess_Kitty

Princess_Kitty

Lost kitty
Jan 4, 2024
In my personal experience, even people personal to us don't really care. They only care when you're dead. They don't see how hard you're fighting or how hard you're struggling. When they do, it's often too late. That's just my personal experience and my perspective though.

As for society, well; they only look at the statistics and only care if you have money. OP said it best, the only person that's going to save you... is yourself.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Adûnâi, cold_severance and Sylveon
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I'm lucky to have loving parents but they can't save me from mental illness

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, thesaddestgirl and younmestyxtogether
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
People are selfish. Most people do not do anything unless they gain from it themselves. Nobody wants to talk about suffering. Life is about exploiting others. I think that many people lie when they say that they love you. I am alone in the hell of life. I did not choose to be born but I must take responsibility for my death.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and divinemistress36
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
Your speech is absolutely correct, it's good to find people who share the same experience.
Eu vou morrer e ninguém vai sentir minha falta, sou um NPC na vida deles.
I'll miss you

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi