D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I don't about you guys but this just not for me. Before my illness I lived life to the fullest and now it's not even 10%. Everyone tells me no you can live like that but I'm not going to. Living without being able to create a family and taking care of someone you love is to me personally pointless. And I don't want anyone to take care of me either. I don't want to be that person till the end of my days. Sorry, just venting.

• Hugs
Reactions: SoulofSteel, Stormy Raine, Forever Sleep and 9 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
If you don't mind me asking, what is your illness? And yes, I agree. There gets a point where life is not worth the effort anymore. I completely understand.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I fully agree. Life is more generally for those who have things in order and have good things that counteract or even justify the bad things that they go through. Life isn't for those who don't have enough good things to justify the bad things

Reactions: murun_b
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I agree and I feel like it can only be up to us to decide on what we are willing to accept. It's us that has to live this life after all. Other people may see it as this terrible waste. A terribly selfish act because other people have it worse and they carry on and all that. That might be a fair point if we could give our lives to them but- we can't. What difference does it make to another person I've never met struggling with some awful incurable illness at which point I die?!!

It likely will of course affect those closest to us and that's something we all have to struggle with. Can you live entirely for the sake of those people? Is it actually fair to expect that of us though?

Reactions: Mayonaise and Klimpop
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it cruel how other people insist that suffering must be prolonged no matter what even know we never consented to existing here and aren't obligated to continue. If one wants to die on their own terms it's a personal decision and not something for others to decide as it's not their existence after all.