• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

terra.nuvo

terra.nuvo

Student
Feb 15, 2024
This resonates with me so much. I feel like people liked the me of the past who presented as "happy" and put together. But the more I showed my truly depressed self, the more people I lost. It's sad when people can't just like us for who we are or when we feel like we can't even show our true selves to anyone just so that we can save face or keep people around.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Everyone is like that now. It's pretty much impossible. Even non-autists "mask" so that they fit in with neurotypical peers. It's a mess.

Don't deal with people. Spend time with a doggo.

J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
Well it's because they are all caught in their own narratives and they can't even conceive of the you. They are busy in their recollections of you.

I have a similar experience. My family says they love me but by god they invalidated me for my entire life so how do they do that math lol. Who do they love if they've chronically misunderstood me?

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
This resonates with me so much. I feel like people liked the me of the past who presented as "happy" and put together. But the more I showed my truly depressed self, the more people I lost. It's sad when people can't just like us for who we are or when we feel like we can't even show our true selves to anyone just so that we can save face or keep people around.
People don't like being around depressed people it sucks

Reactions: lqpbxeuh
painoflife

painoflife

Arcanist
Jul 27, 2019
I really relate to this.
Sometimes I feel like I don't even know the real me anymore as I've been masking so long. Being who others need you to be is so exhausting

DukeDestroyer

DukeDestroyer

I HATE YOU!
Feb 1, 2023
An extreme few of people my age actually like me. The rest treat me like I am some kind of undesirable person, all because of the disability I have comes with a stigma. Without the disability my life would be a lot more positive.