Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
don't get my hopes up, dude.

tired of waiting for the end of the world, it's coming since I was born yet never arrives. talk about being late.

I know everytime I read a paper it's doom and gloom, lol the Mayan Calendar predicts it every few years I'm surprised they haven't tied in Covid-19, we haven't had an end of days prediction from Nostradamus for a few hours, :smiling:

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: antigone_iris and MrBlue
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I worked in Fleet Street in the 80's the best part was the subsidised restuarants those were the day's, the money was good and you could float around and work for different Newspapers so you get to meet different and interesting people and eat in all the different restuarants my favorite was Associated Newspapers as I had a lot of friends working there so it was start work at 11.00 and in the pub by 13.00 go back to work at 15.00 and finish at 17.00 and back in the pub and you could use any restaurant you wanted, once you new where they were, I can't remember 100% but I think steak or cod and chips was only about £2.50, I know exactly what the sins of the Newspapers were especially when they put a price on your head. There favorite word so they couldn't be sued was allegedly, :smiling:

I know the Sun is full of shit but they do publish some interesting stories, I could do threads from the FT but I don't think many people would be interested, :smiling: and they are usally stolen from a different paper, but they do mention it in there articules.

It was down to The Sun I got made redundant after the Unions lost power and new technology was introduced and they changed everything so my job went bye bye and it was off to the City of London, lol but some really great memories 90% alcohol related, :smiling:

Cheers

Geo
14 years in journalism, not one day of it sober! :pfff:

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Jumper Seoirse and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Funny as we are on the subject the old memories are flowing back, I remeber being in Mecca Bookmakers, placing a few bets on the horses and someone said hi, anyway he got near the counter and it was quite as the race on TV just ended and in a loud voice he said hello Nigel Dempster Daily Mail I would like to put a bet on Princess Diana and Charles child and he gave 4 names my memory isn't what is was but I'm sure Harry was in the mix as well and of course they were straight on the telephone and the prices plummeted.

Cheers

Geo

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
The religious :meh:

Reactions: demuic and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
The religious :meh:

Lol don't worry I am not preaching to you but I will give you these quotes below full story https://bibleproject.com/blog/why-did-god-flood-the-world/

Not saying I don't believe in God and the Spirit World I just don't think God would intervere with life on Earth, I don't believe in man made religions.

The story of the flood is one of God taking merciful action to restrain humanity's ever-increasing evil. Genesis tells us that God saw that "every intention of the thoughts of man's heart was only evil continually" (Genesis 6:5, In the Bible, context means everything. Genesis firmly anchors the meaning of the flood in the context of God's intervention to stop humanity's headlong slide into evil.

Grief, Not Vengeance

God doesn't take pleasure in the flood. Rather, Genesis highlights how the wickedness unleashed by the Fall caused him sorrow and grief. God made the earth to be a place where humanity could flourish, but instead they turned it into a theater of violence and disaster (Genesis 4:8, 4:23, 6:1-7

And God's heart was broken.

The Curious Climax: Covenant
Later on, when Isaiah the prophet remembers Noah (Isaiah 54:9 he doesn't think of the flood but the covenant God made with Noah afterward. In that covenant, God promises that nothing like this will ever happen again. This points to the key meaning of the story: the flood is about God's mercy and commitment to the goodness of what he has made.

So God failed basically I would say humans are just as evil, if not more evil now. There are people who can forsee the future why can't God why would God say I will never do this again why has God got to reasure or answer to humans, if it's our creator.

If God was so powerful where are all the predictions for the modern World like Corona Virus or tell us what will happen in 2025 or the year 2050

OK I will stop now otherwise I could ramble on for hours, :smiling:

Cheers

Geo

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 23374
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
I know everytime I read a paper it's doom and gloom, lol the Mayan Calendar predicts it every few years I'm surprised they haven't tied in Covid-19, we haven't had an end of days prediction from Nostradamus for a few hours, :smiling:

Cheers

Geo

You need to read your book of revelations then so that way you can't be disappointed since it just hasn't happened yet:ahhha:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumper Geo, AvaAdore and Deleted member 19654
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
That's what they said in 2012...

I'm not very hopeful of this doomsday actually happening this year but if that is the case,
I'll be having a smirk on my face and a great sense of relief.

Reactions: Jumper Geo and SmellyRat
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I heard the mayan calendar was misinterpreted and the world would actually end June 21st this very year. I've been scammed enough by these prophecies, I'm saving my hopes now. Maybe I'll invest them in stocks now, I don't know.

Reactions: SmellyRat and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I heard the mayan calendar was misinterpreted and the world would actually end June 21st this very year. I've been scammed enough by these prophecies, I'm saving my hopes now. Maybe I'll invest them in stocks now, I don't know.

The trouble with doom and gloom prophecies they have predicted so many dates the World will end, we wouldn't believe them and just look outside the window and say oh shit, :smiling: :smiling: :smiling: .

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: SmellyRat
LooksAtMoonDog

LooksAtMoonDog

Too Long in the Wasteland
Nov 10, 2020
Reactions: WearyWanderer, Jumper Geo, Disappointered and 1 other person
PointlessStruggle

PointlessStruggle

Wretch
Oct 28, 2020
Heh, as if. Seen this routine before

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
No
Yeah wasn't the mayan thing already supposed to have happened?
No that was a misunderstanding the Mayan calendar returns to zero and started again in 2012. Are you referring to all the John Cusack movie 2012.

Reactions: Jumper Geo
A

AllReturnsToNothing

I'm useless
Aug 5, 2020
It's all bad faith journalism. There is no "apocalypse" we can foresee. There is no "end of the world" to predict. It's all just tabloids trying to make a profit off of paranoid conspiratorial quacks. Whenever one fails to happen, they always move the ruler back further. And further. And further still! We will probably never see a real apocalypse. And most of the possibilities of what could be defined as ACTUAL apocalypse will very likely lack all of the grandeur and spectacle sold to us by said tabloids, evangelists, and Hollywood. Real apocalypse will likely be more akin to the slow decline of great civilizations of the past. Where due to unforeseen circumstances often over a period of many years; famine, disease, war, natural disaster, or all of those combined; great cities are slowly abandoned and the state power they once held over their respective empires dies with them and is gradually forgotten to time. This time, now with ecological collapse on the table, the apocalypse of our species will be likely be incredibly slow possibly taking places over the course of many hundreds or even thousands of years given how resilient we are. No spectacle. No "rapture". Just people trying and failing to adapt and survive in a world they destroyed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumper Geo and Wayfaerer
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Something, something, 2012...

But seriously, I used to be afraid I wouldn't live past age 15 (because of the '2012 apocalypse'). Now I'm more afraid of living past 23 :ahhha:

A5bf39f5e21c7df2fac241e0deb8bf88  medicine fun stuff

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Does anyone think any of this is really going to happen? I feel like every year or most years close to New Years there's some mentioning of the end of the world.

There is a 0% chance of this happening. Whenever I read "Christian Evangelist says..." I tune out immediately.

Jumper Seoirse

Jumper Seoirse

Student
Apr 8, 2022
Maybe he meant Christmas 2022, :smiling:

Cheers

Jumper Seoirse