• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

coppervomit

coppervomit

A Bad Joke
Jan 6, 2020
I was talking to someone today who also struggles with depression. They were talking about how they used to be in a very dark place and are still struggling but have managed to remain functional in their life (etc. hold a job, have friendships).

It made me realize that I don't want to get better. I would find no fulfillment the way others seem to in the daily grind of life. It's like I'm stuck in the middle of a tunnel and I see no light on either side, just darkness. As if even if I did manage to achieve some kind of hollow recovery from my "negative mindset" (see also: realistic perspective), I wouldn't be able to enjoy or even tolerate what others seem to. Even if I did manage to drag myself out of the tunnel, I wouldn't be anywhere I'd want to be. I see no way out. I'll never be who I used to (pretend to) be.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
"Vast emptiness and nothing holy."

Bodhidharma,
first Chinese patriarch of Zen

Last edited:
Reactions: coppervomit
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Even if you actually recover, what makes you sure you wont go back to being depressed again? It has a high likelihood of relapse. Why even make an effort if it'll be for naught?

And our world is a dumpster first anyways. The only thing that can make you cling is your loved ones and your own desire to live.

Last edited:
Xdyzine

Xdyzine

Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
Nov 19, 2020
I for one totally get it, after making efforts time and time again and falling back into a deeper void of depression each time after a few weeks or months. I don't see the point anymore. Sorry to sound like a pessimist. And like Mindfog said , it's better to cling to the little things.